Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Johnny_V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A question to those of you that have WII MUSIC (NTSC-U) working on a PAL WII.
What did you use to patch the iso? I'm using WIU 1.1, but i just get a green screen when loading after forcing pal on the loader config.
Thanks

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, not meant to sound as dumb as it probably will sound, but in my experience there are several of my disks that worked great in 0.1 but don't work in 0.3 (I get that eject disk... error often). I've read everything and contributed my info to the wiki, so don't flame me please, I already know the obvious answers...

but anyway it seems likely to me that the reason my discs worked before is because the old loader reads through disc errors better. As we all know, ALL burned discs have errors, it's a question of how many and how well the reading hardware/software can interpolate the error free data. So probably those discs that are now causing me trouble have more errors (or errors in more troublesome places) than my "working" 0.3 discs.

But since these discs DID work fine in 0.1 (100% of the time, super reliable), could it be that there's a way to improve 0.3's error checking/retry routines so that reliability is increased for everyone experiencing these sort of issues? While I'm a coder, I don't know the Wii stuff at all and haven't even looked at the source code for these loaders, Cioses and so on. But it seems possible to me that probably CIOS 6 (could be wrong there) has a routine for reading disc data that could be checking for errors, if error==found then retry last sector. I don't know if the code these guys are writing gets to such a low level in the disc reading system architecture, if not then there's not much that can be done I would think, in which case never mind... :-)

Obviously this is an ignorant superficial concept the way I've laid it out, but just in the wild off chance that nobody else has thought of it yet, well, I figure it's worth mentioning just in case. I'm probably wrong - but it never hurts to suggest something right?

EDIT: PS, I should mention that I'm not looking for a solution to my problem, I will experiment with burning speeds etc for my own personal benefit. This is just a thought for the developer(s) in the unlikely event that they haven't looked at this yet (although I expect my idea is either fundamentally wrong or has long since been looked into).

Cheers

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
boo_se said:
dkelley said:
if error==found then retry last sector.

wiigator did post some sort of "retry fix" some pages back.. there was no description so i cant say if it really helps with the disc read errors.

Edit: heres the link to the posted fix

dang - I knew about that too but didn't put 2+2 together.

If that's what he's trying in that build then from the feedback I've read I'm not convinced that it's working as he intended (a couple of people found it improved things, others found it was worse???).

Or more likely, I was wrong about how effective a fix it would be and so was he but we both thought it was worth a try... (I'd like to think that it only took me a few days to come up with the same idea Wiigator had, I should be so lucky LoL)

Cheers

boo_se

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not really convinced the disc read errors are caused by the loader.. reading this It seems the wii is pretty picky about the dvd media and burn errors. As i said erlier, someone should check with the dvdinfopro program to see how many PI / PO errors are on the discs that casues the disc read errors.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Thor1981 said:
Can I have connected the Wiiconect 24 of my Wii with the channel Backup launcher v 0.3 without risk?

Personally I think it is ok... because I have had mine on here is the US.... but some people say that it's different in other countries... That is providing you have updated with the work around update that was released shortly after Nintendo had their official update available. I think this workaround tricks the Wii and Nintendo into thinking you already have it...so that being said, I don't think the Connect24 will screw things up for you...because I have had mine on... but seeing that I already have everything in the Shop Channel available... I don't even mess with it... but have kept it on because of the weather channel and news channel...Maybe someone else can enlighten you that is more up to par with how the work around works...or go to the numerous threads pertaining info about it.

This is a new channel for the backup launcher I messed around with today...pretty cool.. Thanks for the original people involved and the help of DJTaz and WiiShizzza for helping me out... this one looks the nicest to me... but it's all your about your preferences...

http://rapidshare.com/files/158746613/WiiG...asK_Channel.wad
1080709ex6.jpg

it's also in my sig (first one)

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Johnny_V said:
A question to those of you that have WII MUSIC (NTSC-U) working on a PAL WII.
What did you use to patch the iso? I'm using WIU 1.1, but i just get a green screen when loading after forcing pal on the loader config.
Thanks
Don't patch it with anything, it is unnecessary.

Forcing PAL will make Wii Music hang at a green screen - no way around that. Leave it as NTSC - if you have component or composite cables (how anyone can play with composite I dunno...) it will be fine. If you use RGB then you'll get a read screen. :/

Erimgard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered, I searched the last ten pages first....

How does one force NTSC video (or force any mode for that matter) with the 0.3 loader? When I ran the 0.3 version it it just read the disk and booted it up with no gui in between... I'm trying to run a PAL game on my NTSC Wii which was previously compatable with both red and blue banner releases of 0.1...

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
kremmy said:
Has anyone had luck scrubbing things after they've been patched? I want to patch my scrubbed SSBB disc but the patcher restores it to 7GB in size and at that point wiiscrubber won't recognize the iso at all. Maybe I just need to buy some DL media
frown.gif
Why are you trying to patch it?
I get random disc read errors in the middle of games with the unpatched version and saw a few people mention that they'd had luck with a patched copy. It's a fairly bizarre and specific thing that I'm trying to do, so I think I'm just going to drop some money on DL media and make a true 1:1 instead of scrubbing it and hoping for the best.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it the "normal" menu loader from hackmii or some special version wiigator gave you ?

Cooler89 said:
There is a video on the youtube only showing you how to show backups on disc channel but thats old news but now i got the dol file for the menu loader from wiigator for loading 1:1 backups and it does not have Nothing is written to the NAND, this runs only on the broadway.You need to select IOS249 and activate the IOS249 patch and yes it does work but for newer games like spiderman web of shadows it will detect a modchip and then it wont start like spiderman web of shadows but all the other old games 1:1 loads fine

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Thor1981 said:
Can I have connected the Wiiconect 24 of my Wii with the channel Backup launcher v 0.3 without risk?

Personally I think it is ok... because I have had mine on here is the US.... but some people say that it's different in other countries... That is providing you have updated with the work around update that was released shortly after Nintendo had their official update available. I think this workaround tricks the Wii and Nintendo into thinking you already have it...so that being said, I don't think the Connect24 will screw things up for you...because I have had mine on... but seeing that I already have everything in the Shop Channel available... I don't even mess with it... but have kept it on because of the weather channel and news channel...Maybe someone else can enlighten you that is more up to par with how the work around works...or go to the numerous threads pertaining info about it.

This is a new channel for the backup launcher I messed around with today...pretty cool.. Thanks for the original people involved and the help of DJTaz and WiiShizzza for helping me out... this one looks the nicest to me... but it's all your about your preferences...

http://rapidshare.com/files/158746613/WiiG...asK_Channel.wad
1080709ex6.jpg

it's also in my sig (first one)

Excellent work Ironmask - I have added that to my zip as well cause i want that one myself and i presume you dont mind ?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Your name (DJTAz) is at the top of the screen with WiiShizzza's why would I mind?! hehe... I also said thanks To GBATemp which means everyone else involved trying to make it the best of what it is... hope no one minds... and also to Forsaken (sp?) for the channel to play with... I still love the music and the front image it shows on the WiiMenu...makes it look Wii-ish! The credits at the top are in blue as well to kind of match and not be so bold faced as well... the only name that needs the bold is the GuruCoder....ummm...what's his name? Oh...Wiigator...that's the guy!

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, if I want to install Waninkoko's new cIOS, should I uninstall Wiigator's first, or is it safe to overwrite it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.