Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, could someone tell me how do i know if my wii has updated to the latest update? my wii menu says version 3.3e does that mean it has updated? I'm, worried because i read in previous comments that some peoples wii's updated themselves. Thanks for any help!

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madmax23 said:
Hi, could someone tell me how do i know if my wii has updated to the latest update? my wii menu says version 3.3e does that mean it has updated? I'm, worried because i read in previous comments that some peoples wii's updated themselves. Thanks for any help!
try accessing the shop channel. If you can, you've updated unless you intalled the fix.

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
madmax23 said:
try accessing the shop channel. If you can, you've updated unless you intalled the fix.

Thanks for your help, i'll try that when i get the kids off the wii!
biggrin.gif

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mattdef said:
hmmm for Medal of Honor: Vanguard ok (others aren't FPS)

but : Red Steel, Far Cry, COD3, Quantum of Solace, MoH Heroes 2, Red Steel, ... ?
Has anyone tried Red Steel? And was it patched or not?

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Matt Cese said:
Mattdef said:

but : Red Steel, Far Cry, COD3, Quantum of Solace, MoH Heroes 2, Red Steel, ... ?

I've read that red steel doesnt work (because its an old game), but I might be wrong.
Also, someone said Quantum Of
SOlace, works apparently, but again, dont count me on that.
7==

Not that I'm a fan of bond, but I like the way 007 goes through the title and the 7 is a gun.
Pretty clever indeed...,but not as clever as this backup loader!
Well done so far Waninkoko + WiiGator!

IcyVeins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LAA said:
Matt Cese said:
Mattdef said:

I've read that red steel doesnt work (because its an old game), but I might be wrong.
You are right!
WiiGators Blog
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LAA said:
Matt Cese said:
Mattdef said:

7==

Not that I'm a fan of bond, but I like the way 007 goes through the title and the 7 is a gun.

Link me to where you seen that someone said it works please?
Thanks.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zelda Twilight Princess NTSC works, so the statement that says that old games don't work is broken. Maybe something related to PAL/NTSC.

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IcyVeins said:
LAA said:
Matt Cese said:
Mattdef said:

You are right!
WiiGators Blog
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).
Yeah Zelda works. Did you try Red Steel?

Magellan

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got Tiger Woods 2009 PAL working?

I just burned it and an disk error pops out when I press A to play after the EA presentation. Maybe I burned it wrong, just wanted to check so I wouldn't waste one more dvd on it.

Sorry pips, just found out the compatibility thread, i'll ask there, ty

dawnbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
hi all i found and an interesting bug in the wii backup launcher 0.3 before i comment further i must thank Wiigator for the superb work he is doing.

In the middle of the game i get error like cannot read disc etc (after load) this happened on several games like ssbb and pokemon battle revolution

I installed the read_retry fix version and smash bros worked well however Pokemon (which was previously unbootable it kept jamming) booted but in the middle of the game i often get disc read errors... strangely enough i am allowed to eject the disc and the game doesn't exit... after i experimented a bit i realised that if i eject the disc and reinsert it AFTER i physically rotated the disc it works!!!!!!!!! kind of annoying though

sorry if its reported already

Thanks

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Kieran801 said:
LAA said:
Matt Cese said:
Mattdef said:

7==

Link me to where you seen that someone said it works please?
Thanks.

Sorry, I got it wrong...
It comes up withh the message "Eject Disc and Switch off wii".
So, no, it doesnt work.

@dawnbringer
REALLY??
Do you mean, you just reinserted the disc after it came up with that message and it worked or by physically, you mean you opened up the wii and made it read?
I'll try just reinserting it now, and see what happens...

UPDATE: Luckily for me Warioware worked this time! Usually it just goes past the wiimote screen and says the message, but this time it got to the point where you play the 1st level...
Then the message came up and I can confirm....
It doesnt work...
After you Eject the disc it says please insert the disc, then I do that and it still comes up with Eject the disc and turn off wii.
So, maybe it different for others...

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dawnbringer said:
... after i experimented a bit i realised that if i eject the disc and reinsert it AFTER i physically rotated the disc it works!!!!!!!!! kind of annoying though

hmmm... if true (I'm at work so can't test), what if there could be a hack added that catches that error (if that is possible) and when caught suspend gameplay briefly and spin the disc for a half sec then retry or resume the game?

that's such a hack idea, but if it worked.... could be a quick fix until the real fix is in place?

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dawnbringer said:
hi all i found and an interesting bug in the wii backup launcher 0.3 before i comment further i must thank Wiigator for the superb work he is doing.

In the middle of the game i get error like cannot read disc etc (after load) this happened on several games like ssbb and pokemon battle revolution

I installed the read_retry fix version and smash bros worked well however Pokemon (which was previously unbootable it kept jamming) booted but in the middle of the game i often get disc read errors... strangely enough i am allowed to eject the disc and the game doesn't exit... after i experimented a bit i realised that if i eject the disc and reinsert it AFTER i physically rotated the disc it works!!!!!!!!! kind of annoying though

Thanks
I had the same problem with Spider-Man Web of Shadows. I kept getting a disc read error, I would eject and re-insert and it would work, but the error would keep coming back after awhile. I re-burned the game and had no problems since, probably a bad burn or DVD.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Matt Cese said:
dawnbringer said:

Thanks
I had the same problem with Spider-Man Web of Shadows. I kept getting a disc read error, I would eject and re-insert and it would work, but the error would keep coming back after awhile. I re-burned the game and had no problems since, probably a bad burn or DVD.

Really?
Why doesnt it work for warioware!
Maybe its because its an old game...
Also, people are saying Wario Land PAL Patched works.
It doesnt for me.
It always crashes at the cutscene.
Is this true for anyone else?

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else have a problem with Wario Land PAL Patched?
I'm kinda concerned that like 15 people have confirmed it works and for me it doesnt...
Sorry about mentioning it 2X, but I'm concerned about this...
If the mods are unhappy with this, they can take it down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.