Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Totakeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Wiigator, this is simply amazing work. You and Waninkoko have proven every naysayer wrong; first it was "a softmod will never come to the Wii". Then it was "it will load too slow." Now you have proven all of that wrong. Every game I've tried plays full speed, even during cutscenes. KUDOS.

Hopefully when this loader is much more complete, something can be done with GC backups as well. I have lots of old GC games I'd love to play.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kremmy said:
GhostSonic said:
kremmy said:
Has anyone had luck scrubbing things after they've been patched? I want to patch my scrubbed SSBB disc but the patcher restores it to 7GB in size and at that point wiiscrubber won't recognize the iso at all. Maybe I just need to buy some DL media
frown.gif
Why are you trying to patch it?
I get random disc read errors in the middle of games with the unpatched version and saw a few people mention that they'd had luck with a patched copy. It's a fairly bizarre and specific thing that I'm trying to do, so I think I'm just going to drop some money on DL media and make a true 1:1 instead of scrubbing it and hoping for the best.
that doesn't mean ALL discs will give this error... ugh

And it takes FAR more then scrubbing to make brawl fit on a single layer dvd.

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
kremmy said:
GhostSonic said:
kremmy said:
Has anyone had luck scrubbing things after they've been patched? I want to patch my scrubbed SSBB disc but the patcher restores it to 7GB in size and at that point wiiscrubber won't recognize the iso at all. Maybe I just need to buy some DL media
frown.gif
Why are you trying to patch it?
I get random disc read errors in the middle of games with the unpatched version and saw a few people mention that they'd had luck with a patched copy. It's a fairly bizarre and specific thing that I'm trying to do, so I think I'm just going to drop some money on DL media and make a true 1:1 instead of scrubbing it and hoping for the best.
that doesn't mean ALL discs will give this error... ugh

And it takes FAR more then scrubbing to make brawl fit on a single layer dvd.

1:Who said anything about all discs? Are you saying all games (cause I didn't, I meant separate SSBB battles) or all media/burning situations? And, in the case of the latter, would you consider 3 types of media over 3 different brand burners spread over two different computers (9 coasters total) comprehensive enough?

2: Thanks for the information about scrubbing, I thought that was how it had been compressed.

3: I went and bought some DL media on the way home from work so it's an entirely moot point.

edit: Worked!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear you had a success w/ the DL media... Wander what Wiigator has been up to lately? Now that this is public.... wondering if he is having any luck trying a few new things... Or maybe this is it?? If so... I am happy!

All these games now....and I don't even care to play them as much... The kid I have here...can't peel it away from him when he's here... At his dad's every other week...and we don't let him take his Wii...he has to settle for his DS....which he has just about every damn game for anyways!

You guys that are helping are doing great! Keep it up...

galtsand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got Okami or Star Wars fU working? using wiigator .3 beta, with or without cios retry fix?

of 12 games I have tried so far -these two are ones that give me the disk error

Not sure if I need to mess with DVD media or WII settings to get these to work -thus asking?

Tri66eR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
galtsand said:
Anyone got Okami or Star Wars fU working? using wiigator .3 beta, with or without cios retry fix?

of 12 games I have tried so far -these two are ones that give me the disk error

Not sure if I need to mess with DVD media or WII settings to get these to work -thus asking?

Nope, both of these titles are not working in the current beta. It is a known issue... hopefully it will be fixed come full release.

galtsand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks tri66er

for the record - I did install the cIOS retry fix.. Also tried a few things before posting... Tried patched and unpatched. Even tried Verbatim slow speed. Waste really - but sense so many posted on that, I figured I'd try. What cant I dsay - i'm a newbie

wheepenpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried a 1:1 copy of Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces and it loaded fine until the actual title screen started fading in, where I get the error/eject/turn off message. The game apparently worked fine in a previous version because I've seen videos on youtube from a person playing using an older backup loader.

Also tried Fatal Frame and it worked perfectly 1:1.

aaron_McNiven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i need to get a new dvd burner, my current one wont burn dual layer... if i find one that i can get that burns dual layed, will the iso launcher support the dual layer discs? just wanna be sure
tongue.gif
cuz brawl is huge

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mattdef said:
Just a Question ... Why all FPS not working with the backup Loader ? (except MP3)

Strange, no ?

most FPS/TPS are working from the list :

Alone in the Dark
Bully - Scholarship Edition
Disaster : Day of Crisis
Link's Crossbow Training
Manhunt 2
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well.. a dumb question - but, if it was answered already, may be it worths FAQing?

The question is: can I use wiigator's first loader and 0.3 simultaneously (or even waninkoko's instead of 0.1)? I have looked at the compatibility list, and it appears that the family ski (wii ski) is broken - and it is one of the games I want to look at. Not masterpiece, but worth trying.

Mattdef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmmm for Medal of Honor: Vanguard ok (others aren't FPS)

but : Red Steel, Far Cry, COD3, Quantum of Solace, MoH Heroes 2, Red Steel, ... ?

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fennec said:
Mattdef said:
Just a Question ... Why all FPS not working with the backup Loader ? (except MP3)

Strange, no ?

most FPS/TPS are working from the list :

Alone in the Dark
Bully - Scholarship Edition
Disaster : Day of Crisis
Link's Crossbow Training
Manhunt 2
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Disaster locks up at stage 8.......

Site & Scene News