Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaron_McNiven said:
whats 1:1 mean plz...?

1:1 means, it's a 100% copy of the original.. meaning that you own the original (hopefully) and you used homebrew applications to make a complete legit copy of the disc you already owned.

1:1 = you owned the original, and you copied it, and did not patch it using Waninkoko's Backup Creator software.

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
bigianp said:
I've noticed that theres 2 different sized fix files if it makes a difference

Another mirror:
Feel free to link to it...my bandwidth is yours folks
http://madtamski.com/downloads/cios_installer_read_retry.tgz
Again...thanks for everything guys!

is 340kb

Wiigators link is 335kb.

Regarding OFFLINE install i did it with no problems

I tried both of them and get an network.net_init.failed =error116

I have gotten it before with the iso dumper too...but after a few tries it works...

What's got me is I am using an ethernet connection on the Wii... I have used wifi as well.. same results sometimes wifi more than other..and the wii is just across from my FIOS router.

Anyways.. I know my internet works on the wii... because I test shop channel and opera and make sure the icon is white and not blinking or off before trying to run the reread_fix that wiigator has suggested for people to try.

About what people said about the "conspiracy" of what Nintendo is doing with this project... that's freaking crazy...and makes alot of sense... especially when you know there is probably a mole or 2 within these threads.

Where the hell is Bootmii dammmmit?!

I know you said you've tried with wifi but this sounds similar to what you're saying.
From the Wiibrew entry on the shop fixQUOTE
NOTE: TAKE OUT ANY GAMECUBE MEMORY CARDS/CONTROLLERS AND USB DEVICES BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING. The first time one person installed the IOS51 and Wii Shop Channel, one person had a Gamecube memory card and a wireless adapter in the Wii, and it didn't install correctly. But after taking out all Gamecube items and re-installing everything, it worked fine. Axelpaxel discovered that USB devices caused the same bug.

aaron_McNiven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the cios_installer_read_retry thing, and its a .DOL, do i install it with a WAD Manager? thanks for yr help
smile.gif

and also is that fix meant to help with problems like the disc reading error on boot or something? whats it meant to do? ty

patrickv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aaron_McNiven said:
i got the cios_installer_read_retry thing, and its a .DOL, do i install it with a WAD Manager? thanks for yr help
smile.gif

and also is that fix meant to help with problems like the disc reading error on boot or something? whats it meant to do? ty
hey aaron hows it going. ummmm you rename your file to boot.dol and place it into a folder(any name) and move that folder into the apps section of your sd card. i used this cios, and i still get read errors.
frown.gif

Justken4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been following this topic since Waninkoko's Leak. I was just wondering since Sdhc support is now possible can iso's be ran off the front sd slot with some modification to the loader. If thats possible would loading by sd (Class 6) that be faster than 6x(dvd speed)? I think Wiigator is a genius for his C knowlage and for making this loader. The main reason I was wondering is because of the slow load times for Metroid Prime 3 (Origanal Disk). I know some C but most of my knowlage is in Basic (usless I know) but if it is possible to load faster by sd I would be willing to invest alot of time tring to figure it out how to make it work. Thanx in advance.

P.S. Props to every 1 who made this possible Xpesially Team Twiizers.

aaron_McNiven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the patched versions of brawl and mariokart wii start fine, but the un-patched ones gets the disc read error, so is it still probably something todo with my burning?...
even tho i have both working, the reason i need help is since the patched iso of brawl was much bigger than the unpatched for some reason, it didnt fit on the 4.2GB dvd disc, so i forced burned it until the disc ran outa space, then closed the session, it works...but wouldnt that mean the more and more i get into the game the more likely it'll get errors from missing files or something?

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aaron_McNiven said:
the patched versions of brawl and mariokart wii start fine, but the un-patched ones gets the disc read error, so is it still probably something todo with my burning?...
even tho i have both working, the reason i need help is since the patched iso of brawl was much bigger than the unpatched for some reason, it didnt fit on the 4.2GB dvd disc, so i forced burned it until the disc ran outa space, then closed the session, it works...but wouldnt that mean the more and more i get into the game the more likely it'll get errors from missing files or something?
Yep your burning my patched Mk works fine except the mk channel

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Justken4ever said:
Hi, I've been following this topic since Waninkoko's Leak. I was just wondering since Sdhc support is now possible can iso's be ran off the front sd slot with some modification to the loader. If thats possible would loading by sd (Class 6) that be faster than 6x(dvd speed)? I think Wiigator is a genius for his C knowlage and for making this loader. The main reason I was wondering is because of the slow load times for Metroid Prime 3 (Origanal Disk). I know some C but most of my knowlage is in Basic (usless I know) but if it is possible to load faster by sd I would be willing to invest alot of time tring to figure it out how to make it work. Thanx in advance.

6x speed of DVD equals 8.10 MB/s according to Wikipedia. So SDHC cards with a minimum of 66x reading speed (10MB/s) should work fine.

It would be a nice way of testing ISOs, but putting 3 ISOs on a 16 gig SD is still much more expensive than burning a disc. So IMHO it shouldn't have upper priority.

pro_viruz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cybernations.net
XP
Country
I had a question, after i upgrade my homebrew channel 8 to 9, it says i need to install ios36 if im not mistaken. then so i installed that verison and most of my homebrew apps wont run,then i tried wiigator back up loader v.3 and it install automatically another ios, i dont know which verison. after that, i cant play any copied games on my other backup loader version... can someone tell what to do. please.thanks!

cable-one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGator said:
I don't know what Nintendo will do, but I believe they will need at least 3 month. Theoretically they fixed the problem, so they may do nothing.

One tester reported that Super Paper Mario doesn't load at all, it is now fixed for him. I added the link to this version. When you report a game to work or not, please also mention that you have installed the fix. It seems only to fix bugs, which are reported by only one tester. This doesn't fix problems like the star wars problem, which was reported by many testers.

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=26HQT909

SHA1
1113cbb49643d2f8ddc72754760d859152f976f9 cios_installer.dol

MD5
548c3ec9eaba982997d4bf2f0100ad8b cios_installer.dol

There was a question before about the source code for the backup launcher DOL. Yes, I used the old version of *****OS and I downloaded the new files.

Going to try this in the afternoon.

Since i was doing this manually to get trough the games.

FI Wario would keep on haning on the intro movie.
I was able to get futher in the movie by ejecting and putting the disk back in.

Will try tonight.

Thanks for teh fix !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!