Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten 0.3 to work with either 0.1 or Wanikoko's backup loader? At the present moment, I would only like to try to see if either version will load the eighth stage of Disaster: Day of Crisis. Any help would be appreciated.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
gllt said:
Comes in the backuploader AIO pack basically.
A bit late now, but I'd suggest never installing anything from those "all in one" style packs, they contain loads of useless junk and just serve to confuse people.

Just get the individual files you need from the developers page and do it properly - less room for things to go wrong that way.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I got it from THIS THREAD :V
That's almost like "Take a cookiDON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THAT BWAHH"

Oh well it doesn't matter I think a firmware reset will fix my problem, if its okay to do

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
india3 said:
no idea if this is relevant but in the 0.1 loader, that happened to me because of some installation problem. i went back and completely reinstalled all the things needed for the loader and then the same discs which had given me the error before began to work. again, i don't know if the problem might have carried over to the new loader.

Thanks for the reply. A few questions. What exactly do I need installed for the loader to work? All I've done is install the Homebrew Channel and cIOS. Am I missing something? If not, how would I go about reinstalling these things? I'm completely new to the scene and have done nothing but run the TP hack and then installed those two things and the backup launcher.

Also, do you know what your actual error said? I can't figure mine out.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bantheradio said:
Has anyone gotten 0.3 to work with either 0.1 or Wanikoko's backup loader? At the present moment, I would only like to try to see if either version will load the eighth stage of Disaster: Day of Crisis. Any help would be appreciated.

I have been unsuccessful with getting both 0.3 and 0.1 to work. 0.3 took over even though i did not remove the previous IOS.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, took a picture. Can anyone tell me what this says?

2ldx79e.jpg

Thank you.

cowboys4life22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a disk read error, you will have to reburn the game. I have had that happen on and off with ten pin alley2, but I used Verbatim DVD+R DL disks which is the only ones I had at the time. I think the wii prefers verbatim DVD-R disks, and that could be your whole problem. Have never had a problem with any burn on a verbatim DVD-R. Hope I have helped you out.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
gllt said:
Doesn't matter where you got it from (and webforums are about THE worst place to get stuff from, unless it's from the dev releasing it on a forum). Stick to getting the original release from the developer and follow the readme they include. It's easy and shouldn't give any problems.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
gllt said:
Doesn't matter where you got it from (and webforums are about THE worst place to get stuff from, unless it's from the dev releasing it on a forum). Stick to getting the original release from the developer and follow the readme they include. It's easy and shouldn't give any problems.

I get what you're sayin' :V
Otherwise I do believe the problem is unrelated now, sans what happens to cIOS, HBC, Backuploader, and installed wads when I reset my firmware, since I'd love to know before I do it. hurr

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cowboys4life22 said:
Thats a disk read error, you will have to reburn the game. I have had that happen on and off with ten pin alley2, but I used Verbatim DVD+R DL disks which is the only ones I had at the time. I think the wii prefers verbatim DVD-R disks, and that could be your whole problem. Have never had a problem with any burn on a verbatim DVD-R. Hope I have helped you out.

Or instead of buying new DVD-R's, just change the booktype to DVD-ROM before you burn and you will be fine. I have used nothing but DVD+R's with no problems.

Also make sure your burning at around 2.4x or somewhere around there. Faster burns can corrupt the process.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all. I've been changing the BookType, but it's not helping. How do I get Nero to burn below 4x?

EDIT: Ok, I can burn at any speed now. Either it wasn't there before or I'm losing my mind. Probably the latter. Will try burning at 2x now.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone get the three loaders to work simultaneously (thanks gllt), but he doesn't know how he did it, so you my want to try several things, eg. install the ppc_gba cIOS_fix and install DVDx_IOS249, then install the cIOs for the loader, without uninstall the other, just overwrite it, try that, maybe works
smile.gif

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MainframeF4 said:
Destian said:
Thanks all. I've been changing the BookType, but it's not helping. How do I get Nero to burn below 4x?

Try using Imgbrn opposed to Nero. Imgbrn will allow you change the book type and also give you a 2.4x option.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Nero is letting me burn at lower speeds now. Probably user error. No idea what I did. I started off using ImgBurn, but it doesn't seem to want to save the booktype. I've read somewhere that it may be an issue with TSST drives.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr. Scratch that. I still can't burn under 4x. Nero lists all the speeds until I insert the media (Sony) at which point 4x becomes the lowest, despite the fact that 1x-16x is written on the DVD.

Thank you for decoding that, ether. At least I know that much now.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
MainframeF4 said:
Destian said:

Try using Imgbrn opposed to Nero. Imgbrn will allow you change the book type and also give you a 2.4x option.

http://www.imgburn.com/

For some drivers ImgBurn doesn't let you change the Book Type, if Nero detect a DVD 16X, let the Nero burn at that speed, I insist all of my games were burnt at 16X on a DVD+R (Booktype DVD-ROM), Verbatim of course, stop flooding the forum, with "...I can't play my game, and I've burnt at ?? speed several times and on the list says the game works", if you don't burnt with VERBATIM you're wasting blank media.

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well here we go again...

Does anyone knows when there will be a new release for the backup loader and the new cIOS to fit on the new homebrew channel which fixed the Phantom 3.4? of course, WII gator should take a break after his amazing work, it's not an emergency...but still some bakas updated their WII, not reading that the homebrew channel fixed the Uptade for itself, and that the channels has to be updated too...and of course as the source code is included, some coders may do it by themselves, but i was just asking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...