gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
My problem is Hardware I think, and since resetting my wii memory only uninstalled HBC and I can't twilight hack it back since I can only load gamecube discs for some reason, I'm out of the wiibrew for a while.

Oh well.

Small discs spin, big ones don't?

Since this is no-longer backuploader related I'm done here. Thanks guys.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
MainframeF4 said:
Destian said:
Thanks all. I've been changing the BookType, but it's not helping. How do I get Nero to burn below 4x?

Try using Imgbrn opposed to Nero. Imgbrn will allow you change the book type and also give you a 2.4x option.

http://www.imgburn.com/

For some drivers ImgBurn doesn't let you change the Book Type, if Nero detect a DVD 16X, let the Nero burn at that speed, I insist all of my games were burnt at 16X on a DVD+R (Booktype DVD-ROM), Verbatim of course, stop flooding the forum, with "...I can't play my game, and I've burnt at ?? speed several times and on the list says the game works", if you don't burnt with VERBATIM you're wasting blank media.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys...it is seeming to be evident that 2.4x or around that speed is working for most people. Don't rush this burn process... In the long run you will save alot of money by going out to buy the actual game (again) or wasting discs trying to speed up the process... And it is good to verify your burn. So far the best results on dvd-r's and dvd+r's at 2.4x work the best for me... I have burned around 80 games now...decrypted and original. I kept my decrypts because they still work perfect even though the new loader does both... That would be pointless... If there is a game I need to burn now...it has been in original.iso form... and out of those 80 discs I've burned...maybe 7 of them have not worked and they happen to be the common imcompatible ones that people are dealing with...

Anyways... Keep at it...just don't get so wreckless w/ the burning procedure...

IMGBurn happens to be a relatively small app and it's free. Nero on the other hand is bloated.. it works nice for customizing menus and the such for movies...but it uses alot of memory.. .I would highly recommend IMGBurn 2.4.2.0 by Lightning UK! it's small effecient and does the jpb...get it here...http://www.imgburn.com (There are also forums there to help ya w/ certain burners)
Another alternative would be to get yourself a copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 (It's around!)
that has worked for me as well...just to try a different alternative... Don't get me wrong...Nero has it's ups... but the downs out weigh it for me...especially the newer version 9... anyways....keep at it!

If you are using NTSC games I have added a tribute to Wiigator Channel that was edited from a previous...I added a WiiGator image in there... as a special thanks for all his hardwork..if someone wants something else....lemme know and I will give it a shot....I can change the music as well... but it can only be a 10 second theme from what I remember...

Peace!

Oh and can someone add NTSC USA Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 to the wiki...1:1 works 100% for me...I tried but it said someone else was doing it...and well...I was preoccupied as well...thanks

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Guys...it is seeming to be evident that 2.4x or around that speed is working for most people. Don't rush this burn process... In the long run you will save alot of money by going out to buy the actual game (again) or wasting discs trying to speed up the process... And it is good to verify your burn. So far the best results on dvd-r's and dvd+r's at 2.4x work the best for me... I have burned around 80 games now...decrypted and original. I kept my decrypts because they still work perfect even though the new loader does both... That would be pointless... If there is a game I need to burn now...it has been in original.iso form... and out of those 80 discs I've burned...maybe 7 of them have not worked and they happen to be the common imcompatible ones that people are dealing with...

Anyways... Keep at it...just don't get so wreckless w/ the burning procedure...

IMGBurn happens to be a relatively small app and it's free. Nero on the other hand is bloated.. it works nice for customizing menus and the such for movies...but it uses alot of memory.. .I would highly recommend IMGBurn 2.4.2.0 by Lightning UK! it's small effecient and does the jpb...get it here...http://www.imgburn.com (There are also forums there to help ya w/ certain burners)
Another alternative would be to get yourself a copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 (It's around!)
that has worked for me as well...just to try a different alternative... Don't get me wrong...Nero has it's ups... but the downs out weigh it for me...especially the newer version 9... anyways....keep at it!

If you are using NTSC games I have added a tribute to Wiigator Channel that was edited from a previous...I added a WiiGator image in there... as a special thanks for all his hardwork..if someone wants something else....lemme know and I will give it a shot....I can change the music as well... but it can only be a 10 second theme from what I remember...

Peace!

Oh and can someone add NTSC USA Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 to the wiki...1:1 works 100% for me...I tried but it said someone else was doing it...and well...I was preoccupied as well...thanks

Not to mention that the DVD brand is also not as big as an issue as people make it out to be. I have used 4 brands that all worked just fine. So dont think you need top of the line DVD's to get better results. Do what Ironmask and everyone else who has done this before tells you and you will be playing games with out a problem.
Problem solved.

EDIT: Also if your having problems getting your burning tool of choice to booktype, try updating your drives firmware or using google to find out more about the drive. I know alot of people who thought they had one brand of drive only to find out it was some other brand. Hope it helps.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Destian said:
How do I get Nero to burn below 4x?
You don't - 2x and 4x is no good. You should be burning 16x discs at 8-16x.

Burning at 2x will give you far lower quality than a 8x burn.

Most 16x discs won't even burn at under 4x in a modern drive - they will default to 4x (which the drive won't have a write strategy for so will give you a low quality burn).

For example, I've just inserted a Verbatim MCC 03RG20 16x DVD-R into my drive and supported speeds are:
Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 20x

With a Verbatim MCC-004-00 16x DVD+R supported speeds are:

2.4x (which is a DVD+R speed only too, DVD-R can't burn at that speed AT ALL! 2x is the DVD-R speed) is a legacy speed, only old

Falcossj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have test any PAL game with the new version, if it can serve.

Okami : don't works ( error message at begin)
Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi : Works nice, loading are very fast, but, the intro is very slow.
Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the New World : Works perfectly.
Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn : Works perfectly.
Resident Evil 4 : Works Perfectly

Just Okami don't works.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I know this is offtopic but I thought I should just come post that I took apart my Wii (Well not exactly ME though I can, I had someone else do it and they fended me off while I paced.) and found out Nintendo left me a little round rubber doohickey present that LODGED ITSELF INSIDE THE DISC DRIVE. Hence why gamecube discs worked, cause they could fit. Full sized DVDs would hit the rubber thing and get lodged, never making it truly into the driver.

THANKS NINTENDO.
rolleyes.gif

Wii accepts discs now fully, will do a full-fledged test and re-HBC later.
Otherwise I've been having this problem since I got the Wii and just put all the pieces together so thanks for you guys and gals 's patience with me.
And thanks for the backuploader, Wiigator! Nothing wrong with it, NINTENDO JUST LEFT ME A SPECIAL PRESENT HURR.

Though it could have happened during my failed Wiikey install I still want to blame it on Nintendo. I would have had to have shoved that little rubber obstruction down in the drive, it could not have just fell in. That or perhaps it was part of the drive internals itself that fell out but since this has been going on for a long time and when discs loaded they worked anyway it couldn't have been THAT important, obviously.

I'm keeping it as a souvenir :V THIS IS WHAT WARRANTY IS FOR PEOPLE, DON'T BE LIKE ME. (honestly though warranties are aggravating anyway)

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
Destian said:
How do I get Nero to burn below 4x?
You don't - 2x and 4x is no good. You should be burning 16x discs at 8-16x.

Burning at 2x will give you far lower quality than a 8x burn.

Most 16x discs won't even burn at under 4x in a modern drive - they will default to 4x (which the drive won't have a write strategy for so will give you a low quality burn).

For example, I've just inserted a Verbatim MCC 03RG20 16x DVD-R into my drive and supported speeds are:

With a Verbatim MCC-004-00 16x DVD+R supported speeds are:

2.4x (which is a DVD+R speed only too, DVD-R can't burn at that speed AT ALL! 2x is the DVD-R speed) is a legacy speed, only old

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Destian said:
Ok, I've killed 9 discs thus far today, but I'll give one more a shot at 8x just for the hell of it. I expect I'm going to need to buy some -R disks however. Maybe that will work. If not, perhaps a new burner. Otherwise I'm at a loss.
I doubt burning at 8x will help you tbh - I think you just need to get some DVD-R's; it sounds like the booktype isn't being set correctly.

This is easy to verify, put one of the burned DVD+R discs in your drive and start imgburn. Select the Write mode and look at the status box to the right.

Look for the bit that says:

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: MCC-004-00
Book Type: DVD+R

[...
some more
info here
...]

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: MCC-004-00
Book Type: DVD-ROM

If the Last Recorded Book Type says DVD+R then it hasn't been set properly.

If it still says DVD+R you can go into the options (Tools > Drive > Change Book Type) and select your drive and change it to DVD-Rom.

If you have a pioneer burner though you are out of luck, you will need to burn the discs again after editing the drive firmware.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sorry for like, the 1000th help post, but I am in need of some help,

I just burned SSBB patched, onto a Memorex DVD+R DL, x4, Imgburn.

I put it in my Wii, start up the loader, and I get an error.

The weird thing is, When I first put the disc in the Wii, after a few seconds it came up with, A disc error has occurred, press eject and turn off the power, and try again. And that all happened on the Wii menu without clicking anything.

Any solution? I really don't want to regret wasting a DL disc...

EDIT: WTF! I opened up ImgBurn, and it says the disc is empty!?

O.o, Guess I have to reburn. Anyone know why it didn't burn the first time?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gllt said:
Oh wow, I know this is offtopic but I thought I should just come post that I took apart my Wii (Well not exactly ME though I can, I had someone else do it and they fended me off while I paced.) and found out Nintendo left me a little round rubber doohickey present that LODGED ITSELF INSIDE THE DISC DRIVE. Hence why gamecube discs worked, cause they could fit. Full sized DVDs would hit the rubber thing and get lodged, never making it truly into the driver.

THANKS NINTENDO.
rolleyes.gif

Wii accepts discs now fully, will do a full-fledged test and re-HBC later.
Otherwise I've been having this problem since I got the Wii and just put all the pieces together so thanks for you guys and gals 's patience with me.
And thanks for the backuploader, Wiigator! Nothing wrong with it, NINTENDO JUST LEFT ME A SPECIAL PRESENT HURR.

Though it could have happened during my failed Wiikey install I still want to blame it on Nintendo. I would have had to have shoved that little rubber obstruction down in the drive, it could not have just fell in. That or perhaps it was part of the drive internals itself that fell out but since this has been going on for a long time and when discs loaded they worked anyway it couldn't have been THAT important, obviously.

I'm keeping it as a souvenir :V THIS IS WHAT WARRANTY IS FOR PEOPLE, DON'T BE LIKE ME. (honestly though warranties are aggravating anyway)
thats sounds like you dropped one of the rubber spacers, which are responsible to cut out the vibration of the drive, into your drive during modchip installation. doesn't look like a nintendo fault. sorry to say that.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Hello,
I would like someone to help me,
that I recomendais services for the backup launcher of Wiigator v 0.3 beta, or that of the CIOs Wiigator Version 36 Revision 06 Waninkoko?
What differences they have?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Screemer said:
that's just stupid bulls..., sorry but you are injecting stupidity into other peoples brain.
I'm sorry, but injecting stupidity is what you and the idiots proclaiming 2.4x have been doing. You tell people to go read cdfreaks - go read it yourself, you may learn something about optical discs.

Better still get a drive that can do pif scanning (plextor, some benq etc) and see the results of slow speeds on 16x rated discs. There is little need though when decent sites like cdfreaks have all the info you need rather than the misinformation on forums like this one.

Example 1 (an old thread, but still very relevant - and any regular reader will recognise some of the respected names in optical recording media testing commenting there) : http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/verbatim-dvd-...problem-182597/

or maybe: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/16x-vs-8x-dvd-burning-208425/

There are hundreds of others too, if I could be bothered looking through just to prove a point.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thor1981 said:
Hello,
I would like someone to help me,
that I recomendais services for the backup launcher of Wiigator v 0.3 beta, or that of the CIOs Wiigator Version 36 Revision 06 Waninkoko?
What differences do you have?

Use Wiigator's being that it runs faster when it comes to loading times,game movies ect.
Its also the most current and has more information on these forums for other questions you might have.
Cant beat it at this point.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just burned SSBB patched DVD9, onto a Memorex DVD+R DL, x4, Imgburn.

The weird thing is, When I first put the disc in the Wii, after a few seconds it came up with, A disc error has occurred, press eject and turn off the power, and try again. And that all happened on the Wii menu without clicking anything.

substancev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:

I just burned SSBB patched DVD9, onto a Memorex DVD+R DL, x4, Imgburn.

I'd try another type of media and make it DVD-R (DL?? is this supported? )

I find that the house brand at staples or circuit city thats dvd-r works well and are cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That cat bites