Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kremmy said:
Has anyone had luck scrubbing things after they've been patched? I want to patch my scrubbed SSBB disc but the patcher restores it to 7GB in size and at that point wiiscrubber won't recognize the iso at all. Maybe I just need to buy some DL media
frown.gif
Why are you trying to patch it?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
kremmy said:
Has anyone had luck scrubbing things after they've been patched? I want to patch my scrubbed SSBB disc but the patcher restores it to 7GB in size and at that point wiiscrubber won't recognize the iso at all. Maybe I just need to buy some DL media
frown.gif

Why are you trying to patch it?

Ya, .3 has better compatibility with 1:1, so you shouldn't have to patch.

QUOTE(cygnusx12112 @ Oct 29 2008, 02:33 AM)
I swear I am the only person in the world right now who is having terrible luck with this stuff... I'm not sure if it's my 5 year old PC that's the problem or the shitty dynex Best buy crap brand of DVD-R's im using... I've gone through so many discs, that I'm ready to just about give this thing up...
blink.gif

The first iteration of these "backup loader/launchers" I only got one game to work, and that was somewhat laggy, but now this 0.3 stuff has got me completely frustrated. So now the game I had working doesn't work, and neither does anything else. It usually just freezes on the Loader screen saying "No SD codes found". And YES! i have tried many permutations of the options menu... Nothing seems to work...

What program are you burning with? I tried ImgBurn 4x (Lowest setting my drive can go I think, in ImgBurn anything slower goes automatically to 4x), and it was always DRE. I tried 4x in Power2Go which came with my computer, burned to backups so far and they both worked fine. Idk if that's just dumb luck on my part, but I've actually had problems burning GC on IMGBurn too, so if you have another burn program you might want to try it. Btw I use just regular Sony DVD-R's I got at Target for $14, and my drive is juts the one that came with my Compaq.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cygnusx12112 said:
I swear I am the only person in the world right now who is having terrible luck with this stuff... I'm not sure if it's my 5 year old PC that's the problem or the shitty dynex Best buy crap brand of DVD-R's im using... I've gone through so many discs, that I'm ready to just about give this thing up...
blink.gif

The first iteration of these "backup loader/launchers" I only got one game to work, and that was somewhat laggy, but now this 0.3 stuff has got me completely frustrated. So now the game I had working doesn't work, and neither does anything else. It usually just freezes on the Loader screen saying "No SD codes found". And YES! i have tried many permutations of the options menu... Nothing seems to work...
Where did you get your files and did you follow any step by step guides on it ? (hint hint)
Have you installed the cIOS required ?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I was driving from a friend's house (actually my future brother_in_law) and came over with my wii and all those backups and showed him.... He loved it... anyways just wanted to again say THANKS to everyone that has been supporting this from the beginning and beyond. This is what gets me "high"... The who experience, the bugs, the improvements, and the new association of people that have the same interests in mind. But not the drama....save that for ya mammie! Anyways...thanks to everyone who helps when needed....Life is so much better that way...

Greets and thanks to Wiigator, Wan, Taz, WiiShizzza, Beta testers and the staff@GBATemp and anyone I forgot...also the other supportive sites....and most importantly Mr. YuhackamiWii Nintendo CEO
biggrin.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you use menu loader will the items from your original menu (the menu you had before installing ML) show up in the new menu? Maybe someone should come up with a video tutorial *hint hint*

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
yes, everything will be the same as before except you'll see the disc's banner in the disc channel. after you restart the wii, or come back to the menu after going into another channel, it will be back to normal.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
india3 said:
yes, everything will be the same as before except you'll see the disc's banner in the disc channel. after you restart the wii, or come back to the menu after going into another channel, it will be back to normal.
and original discs won't work!

QUOTE(LegendaryXM90 @ Oct 29 2008, 03:34 AM) Wasn't there some new cios_read_fix or something from Wiigator?

Can someone post the link to that please?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1496400

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when using menu loader ios249 i get disc error; power off, for ff chocobo. any one else having the same problem? oh yah i have latest read-error cios fix wiigator style.

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well first of all Wiigator and Waninoko thanks for all the work that you guys have been doing, it's really apreciated!!!! Cheerz for all your projects!!!!!.

I have been testing my backup of no more heroes, and it still gets stuck near the gym, and before entering the mission against #5, even with the new cios_fix it still frezzes.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K guys here's what I got with the new loader. PAL games are working great as my U.S. wi; with 0.3 loader. All the new NTSC are working except StarWars FU Which I have been making a 1-1 copy. all older games s patch and most seem to work fire with new loader. I have not updated and have not installed launcher as a charmed but keep it on SD card and boot from H BC. But Think Iam going to install Wiishizzas
laugh.gif

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok uh.. My Super Mario Gaxaly Isn't Working.
It's a """"BACKED UP """"""" .iso file and the size is what it should be.
I bruned using some DataWare Dvds from Futureshop
Used ImgBurn at 8x
but when i put it into the wii
it gets the disc info (RMGS or something )
and then the wii makes random noises which repeat for 5-10 times and then error comes up
i noticed that when the wii is making the noise and u take out the disc before the error another screen comes up say
Please insert super mario galaxy into wii
it has the stars and mario logo and everything.
i also got som write errors when writing the disc
they occured in the last 14% of the disc.
any help would be appriciated.

aaron_McNiven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pink_Waters said:
its seems very obvious now that the disc could not be read, error is related only to 1:1 copy games, its not happening with the decrypted copies!

whata you mean? since many of mine get the disc read error, could i decrypt my ISO's...? i dono what that means but is there a program that can do it so that my burnnt ones dont need to be patched?, because some of my patched iso's wont fit onto a normal DVD+R 4.7GB dvd yet un-patched one's will.
thanks

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
Pink_Waters said:
its seems very obvious now that the disc could not be read, error is related only to 1:1 copy games, its not happening with the decrypted copies!

Hi Aaron

It seems that the above post is saying that the disc error only relates to non-patched games as the disc error doesn't seem to affect the patched games. I suppose this is something that is probably already being looked into. I must say though all my patched games are working and the only non patched game I can't get to work is Family Ski which everyone is having the same problem with. We will just have to wait and see if there is a fix brought out for this but I wouldn't be expecting one anytime soon.

thetonman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...