• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Austria first country to make Covid vaccine mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can trust in medical science's advancement over the years and simultaneously advocate for much higher taxes on corporations. Two things can both be true, gasp.

I guess the corruption is okay then. Nice bait homey. Bet you thought I was going to mention that it is possible for an "anti-vaxer" to be against big pharma and against taxes at the same time, didn't ya?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess the corruption is okay then.
How is the government paying for millions of units of a product, and then receiving that product exactly as advertised "corruption," exactly? It's the bare ass minimum of what the government should be expected to do to help manage a pandemic.

Bet you thought I was going to mention that it is possible for an "anti-vaxer" to be against big pharma and against taxes at the same time, didn't ya?
It's certainly worth mentioning, as that is the reality of the situation. Most anti-vaxxers are anti-big pharma but will happily advocate for keeping all corporate taxes low, thus massively benefiting big pharma.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How is the government paying for millions of units of a product, and then receiving that product exactly as advertised "corruption," exactly? It's the bare ass minimum of what the government should be expected to do to help manage a pandemic.

That wasn't my insinuation at all.

It's certainly worth mentioning, as that is the reality of the situation. Most anti-vaxxers are anti-big pharma but will happily advocate for keeping all corporate taxes low, thus massively benefiting big pharma.

I thought so too. But you didn't mention it.

ironically it's mostly anti-vaxxers which happen to be against taxing big pharma corporations more anyway.

Fishing for a CNN position?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But I just did? Or did you think I was saying that's a good thing (lmao)? It's hypocrisy, or at least something closely resembling that.
I mentioned it. You did not. Is it hypocrisy or not, to retain a value consistently, even if it is for your enemy?

It just sounds bad when you make it sound like they are trying to benefit the bad guys exclusively. It's also what makes news fake.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The things the Chancellor says makes him seem a bit naïve to me.

He talks about "endless human suffering" but its not as if COVID is going away any time soon. Meanwhile, the lockdowns he imposed will likely have lasting effects on the economy, which is going to cause quite a bit of suffering.

How are they even going to enforce the unvaccinated people only lockdown? Are they going to force every business to check every person's vaccination status? I wonder what their plan is.

Moreover, how long has it been since the start of the pandemic? Now that vaccines have been available for quite a while, shouldn't things be easier to deal with? They're literally using the same tactics to fight the virus as when it first appeared. If I lived in Austria, I would be angry less about the mandate itself and more about the fact that it was necessary in the first place.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is it hypocrisy or not, to retain a value consistently, even if it is for your enemy?
Yeah I'd say it is hypocrisy, if for no other reason than it's foolish. Your opinion on tax brackets should not be as dearly-held as a personal value, and you can advocate for keeping middle and lower-class taxes low while also advocating to increase corporate taxes. Nobody considers that dishonorable.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rephrasing the taxation issue being a, "tax is okay but.." is just more fake stuff.
In what sense is it "fake?" Taxing the wealthy and ultra-wealthy is perfectly acceptable, their standard of living of living would remain unchanged regardless. Additionally, corporations aren't even people, they don't need food or shelter to survive, so there are no moral quandaries surrounding their taxation. Push to tax the shit out of them, especially if you want to hit big pharma right where it hurts most.

Reactions: AlexMCS

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In what sense is it "fake?" Taxing the wealthy and ultra-wealthy is perfectly acceptable, their standard of living of living would remain unchanged regardless. Additionally, corporations aren't even people, they don't need food or shelter to survive, so there are no moral quandaries surrounding their taxation. Push to tax the shit out of them, especially if you want to hit big pharma right where it hurts most.
Suggesting that people who are against taxation and government influence in general to just being a "tax bracket issue" is disingenuous. You make no effort to understand people, and every effort to sound smarter than others. You remain tone-deaf to your own voice.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The things the Chancellor says makes him seem a bit naïve to me.

He talks about "endless human suffering" but its not as if COVID is going away any time soon. Meanwhile, the lockdowns he imposed will likely have lasting effects on the economy, which is going to cause quite a bit of suffering.

How are they even going to enforce the unvaccinated people only lockdown? Are they going to force every business to check every person's vaccination status? I wonder what their plan is.

Moreover, how long has it been since the start of the pandemic? Now that vaccines have been available for quite a while, shouldn't things be easier to deal with? They're literally using the same tactics to fight the virus as when it first appeared. If I lived in Austria, I would be angry less about the mandate itself and more about the fact that it was necessary in the first place.
Very well said,my Friend.👌

The Fact is,we would have recieved a Vaccine in 2020 long BEFORE the Pfizer & Company Connection appeared and Austria in According with the EU refused it...because of "too expensive" and "maybe insufficient"......Yes,I am talking about Sinovac - now known as Coronavac.....on the Pharmindex List again for getting the EMA Permission next Year....

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Suggesting that people who are against taxation and government influence in general to just being a "tax bracket issue" is disingenuous.
The whole conversation is predicated on the idea that these people also supposedly hate big pharma, but by choice or by ignorance they're ultimately just pawns to its every whim.

You make no effort to understand people
Oh I understand perfectly, a lot of people hold contradictory viewpoints in regards to a number of different issues. That doesn't mean I have to respect someone who does mental gymnastics simply so they can justify being a bootlicker for the corporate status quo while also pretending to be a rebel against it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Fact is,we would have recieved a Vaccine in 2020 long BEFORE the Pfizer & Company Connection appeared and Austria in According with the EU refused it...because of "too expensive" and "maybe insufficient"......Yes,I am talking about Sinovac - now known as Coronavac.....on the Pharmindex List again for getting the EMA Permission next Year....
If you don't trust European pharmaceutical corporations, why would you trust a Chinese pharmaceutical corporation? All of them are equally motivated by the same thing: money, and none of them are giving their vaccines away for free.

Reactions: Dakitten

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The whole conversation is predicated on the idea that these people also supposedly hate big pharma, but by choice or by ignorance they're ultimately just pawns to its every whim.

No. The whole conversation is predicated on the fact that you couldn't admit that NPO's can have bank accounts with a balance. By voting at all, they are becoming pawns? Or by not rioting? If someone was against taxation, what would they do to be sincere about that, according to Xzi?

Oh I understand perfectly, a lot of people hold contradictory viewpoints in regards to a number of different issues. That doesn't mean I have to respect someone who does mental gymnastics simply so they can justify being a bootlicker for the corporate status quo while also pretending to be a rebel against it.
Sounds like you imo.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things are easier to deal with, but in Austria they don't have the vaccination numbers (a pitiful 42.2%) and went for a "now we have a vaccine, we don't have to do anything" approach.

Which is kinda like having sex with loads of people because you have a cupboard full of condoms that you aren't using. All the STI's should be aware of your cupboard full of condoms and stay away, right?

It's no surprise that Austria are using the same tactics as they are are in roughly the same position as when covid 19 first appeared.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you don't trust European pharmaceutical corporations, why would you trust a Chinese pharmaceutical corporation? All of them are equally motivated by the same thing: money, and none of them are giving their vaccines away for free.
As I maybe said here (or in another Covid Thread) before:

I do no longer trust most of our Medicine/Doctors for the Covid Topic.They lied to me.
I have asked the Companies about one single Question:

Can you guarantee that the contents of the mRNA vaccines will not combine with the genetic make-up ?

Pfizer/Biontech and Co answered me clearly:
"No we can´t guartanee it."
Their Answers where like:

"Very unlikely.."
"Almost Zero Percent..."
and that kind.

Then I have asked many Doctors from all Sections (Lung/Otorhinolaryngology/General) and of course Doctors on the famous "Vaccine Information Days"....

All said unisono:

"100% save"
"No risk"
"Myself are vaccinatet and I am 100% save."
..some called me dumb too,if I believe such Things...
No,this is no Exaggeration!

So,my Friend:

Which Section would you believe ?

Reactions: AlexMCS

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Clinical trials of Pfizer in the EU started in april 2020 at the exact same time that Coronavac entered it's trials in China. So I don't see how it could have completed it's trials long before Pfizer.

Reactions: Xzi

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Clinical trials of Pfizer in the EU started in april 2020 at the exact same time that Coronavac entered it's trials in China. So I don't see how it could have completed it's trials long before Pfizer.
Long before they got a EMA Permission,Austria (Chancellor Kurz) got Deals with them....please inform yourself about Austrian Politics and the Background..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol