hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
liipod said:
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if the developer of AKAIO ,I think "Normmatt" can make an independent Homebrew that supports EZ 3in1 for other flashcarts,if

possible .....it would be very cool.

Thanks In Advance.

the already is one, I think its called GBAEXPLOADER or something like that

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I understand the request since GBA Exploader doesn't work here (in either PSRAM or NOR) while AKAIO works fine in either mode.

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had AKAIO 1.3 in my Ak2i (I own a DS Lite), but then I decided to format my SD card and try the latest version.

After i put AKAIO 1.4, the games started to slug a little bit (UMK had sound glitches while changing screens, Castlevania OoE slowing down during the intro video) plus I couldn't get to update the cheat database with AKAIO 1.4.

Then I switched back to version 1.3, the games went back to normal and the cheat database download worked again, don't know what that could be, but it could be some kind of bug about version 1.4 and Ak2i

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just tried it.

after playing Phoenix Wright: trials and tribulations for a while, I suspended (ie, closed the DS) in the middle of a dialogue, when i opened the DS the music and everything was playing, but when i pressed "A" to continue the dialogue, it froze.

edit: I just remembered, that the red box on the save screen flickered after hitting "yes", I kinda ignored it because it wasn't very serious, and also happened on the first game in series using the official firmware holding the A button to use the old loader. (the first game crashed when using the newest loader with the official firmware when saving). no idea if this is related or even helpful, but I thought I should tell you in-case it is useful.

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Smiths & UltraMagnus ,

Like ssjkakaroto said ,AKAIO have better support for 3in1,and from the latests update 0,58b ,

rudolph have stoped the support of M3 adapters "Problems with M3 team", and i'am sure it will be a great

homebrew used by all 3in1 owners.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Normmatt and Smiths you are a great guys...keep the good work
smile.gif

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Smiths said:
Hitcher said:
Smiths said:
Hitcher said:
Only just got myself an AceKard but I have to say AKAIO is fantastic.

One small request (if that's allowed) for a future version -

A 'Cheat Code available' icon next to the game?

if you hit "rom properties" on a game (X, i believe) and the cheats button shows up, cheats are available.
Yeah, I knew that thanks. I was just wondering if it was possible to have someway of knowing if a game had cheat codes without having to check the ROM info first.

Ehh... don't feel like making another column
plus it'd have to reload all roms in a directory checking them all
lotta caveats... so i won't be putting it in.
No worries, thanks for the reply.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
madrat said:
Normmatt said:
madrat said:
Can someone explain what the difference between acekard 4.14 and AKAIO 1.14 is?

One is good, one is absolute crap. You guess which is which.
thank you for the information....

AKAIO Vs Official Firmware
----------------------------------------
+Code is much more optimized (Register usage has been reduced)
+New Cheat Engine (Much more optimized, smaller, and better comments, Much better support for all code types)
+Cheat window improvements (Such as single cheat folder support, scrolling descriptions and cheat names)
+Better GBA/3in1/eWin/f2a support.
+Supports All 3 Flashcarts in One firmware.
+Custom Icons for file types and for specific files.
+Shortcut on main screen.
+DLDI files are smaller and so work with programs like DSVideo which requires DLDI files smaller than 8KB.
+Less bugs in the GUI (One obvious one is when you scroll to the bottom of the list using the touch screen you get a blank entry at the bottom but not when you use the dpad).
+AK2 DMA mode uses old hooking method instead of new one which means the same great compatibility.
+Wireless cheat database updater.
+Loaders are external and can be updated without needing to recompile the GUI.
+GUI is more responsive (uses frame skipping to reduce the amount of code required to run each frame).
+Many Game Compatibility fixes (Think Kids although officially fixed, is still very much broken in 4.14, sound is distorted, the Think Kids fixes also apply to #3268 - Tropix! (U) ).
+Internal name viewing mode (This feature should have been in official firmware).
+Ability to change the font in the gui.
+Quicker Updates to fix bugs.

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little UP,

Just wanted an answer ,no .............or..................YES.

I'am suuuuuuuuuure it will be the most (downloaded ,useful ,great ,magnific ,............."sorry i don't know other words" ) x1000000 homebrew ever.

Please

Thanks in Advance.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Smiths said:
dib said:
File functions are broken on the RPG. Trying to copy+paste a file like a .sav and it gets that "memory allocation error" again.

calling bullshit.
just copied and pasted a ROM + savs from dir to dir on NAND.
It wouldn't do it for me under 1.3 or 1.4, just tried it again and it's still not working. I'll have to try formatting.
Just got around to reformatting, and the (long) process of rebuilding everything. And it's the same error as ever trying to copy files.

jp33

Trophies
XP
Country
France
French Language Updated and Fixed (working with AKAIO 1.4)

As the french language-files in AKAIO 1.4 are corrupt (and in english !!!!), I took the 1.4 english language and translate it. after this, the french language file worked.

Here is it (please take it in the next release).
lang_fr AKAIO 1.4

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did some more testing, and finding lots of scenarios where I can copy files.

I'm thinking the problem may involve copying a file to or from a subdirectory with a lot of files. I have 185 files in my main NDS directory. After testing numerous scenarios not involving this directory, I found none that would prevent me from creating a file. Copying from SD to NAND root, to subdirectory, from NAND to NAND, etc.

Sure enough, I think I've confirmed the fact after moving the bulk of files from my \NDS directory. I was finally able to copy a sav from there perfectly fine. Attempting to copy a file from or to the new directory with the higher file count was not working. So the memory error seems directly linked to the file count.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I did some more testing, and finding lots of scenarios where I can copy files.

I'm thinking the problem may involve copying a file to or from a subdirectory with a lot of files. I have 185 files in my main NDS directory. After testing numerous scenarios not involving this directory, I found very few that would prevent me from creating a file. Copying from SD to NAND root, to subdirectory, from NAND to NAND, etc.

Sure enough, I think I've confirmed the fact after moving the bulk of files from my \NDS directory. I was finally able to copy a sav from there perfectly fine. Attempting to copy a file from or to the new directory with the higher file count was not working. So the memory error seems directly linked to the file count.

now quit being a idiot and make a roms folder and inside that 27 folders #-z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative