Not open for further replies.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you even understand what beta testing is about? I have identified a bug that has skipped the developers attention. After they couldn't confirm it, I have tested it in order to determine the circumstances under which it can be reproduced. This is me reporting the fact, so that they can check again and find an easier resolution than simply stating 'it don't work'.

If you're posting here, I'll assume you use AIO, so how many bugs have you tracked down or helped to troubleshoot?

Regarding your 'suggestion' (I'll be generous and call it that instead of patently fucking stupid remark), the RPG NAND has a whopping one gigabyte of memory. How could that ever justify some convoluted organizational convention, when the total file count apart from accumulated save files is going to be relatively few? That makes no sense. And it would still ignore the fact that there's a bug.

But kudos on penning one of the stupidest things I've read here. And considering the fact that I've been here for years, and the sort of competition you're up against, that is no small feat.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadow#1 said:
dib said:
I did some more testing, and finding lots of scenarios where I can copy files.

I'm thinking the problem may involve copying a file to or from a subdirectory with a lot of files. I have 185 files in my main NDS directory. After testing numerous scenarios not involving this directory, I found very few that would prevent me from creating a file. Copying from SD to NAND root, to subdirectory, from NAND to NAND, etc.

Sure enough, I think I've confirmed the fact after moving the bulk of files from my \NDS directory. I was finally able to copy a sav from there perfectly fine. Attempting to copy a file from or to the new directory with the higher file count was not working. So the memory error seems directly linked to the file count.

now quit being a idiot and make a roms folder and inside that 27 folders #-z

a man goes the doctor, moves his elbow, and says "doctor, it hurts when i do this".
the doctor responds "well then don't do it then!"
rolleyes.gif

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
Shadow#1 said:
dib said:

I'm thinking the problem may involve copying a file to or from a subdirectory with a lot of files. I have 185 files in my main NDS directory. After testing numerous scenarios not involving this directory, I found very few that would prevent me from creating a file. Copying from SD to NAND root, to subdirectory, from NAND to NAND, etc.

Sure enough, I think I've confirmed the fact after moving the bulk of files from my \NDS directory. I was finally able to copy a sav from there perfectly fine. Attempting to copy a file from or to the new directory with the higher file count was not working. So the memory error seems directly linked to the file count.

a man goes the doctor, moves his elbow, and says "doctor, it hurts when i do this".
rolleyes.gif

exactly my point dib is a idiot
smile.gif

jaywilson

Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
Shadow#1 said:
UltraMagnus said:
Shadow#1 said:
dib said:

rolleyes.gif

smile.gif
Wrong, so wrong.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaywilson said:
Shadow#1 said:
UltraMagnus said:
Shadow#1 said:
dib said:

rolleyes.gif

smile.gif
Wrong, so wrong.

Truth hurts
smile.gif

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
dib, i think the best way to get your problem fixed would be posting a step-by-step way that can always reproduce your bug and submitting it to the bug tracker.

Normmatt/Smiths, when should we use the new (green Loading) mode? Does it fix any specific game?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ssjkakaroto said:
dib, i think the best way to get your problem fixed would be posting a step-by-step way that can always reproduce your bug and submitting it to the bug tracker.

Normmatt/Smiths, when should we use the new (green Loading) mode? Does it fix any specific game?

Doesn't fix anything that the other modes dont already support, but it does do saving much quicker, and so doesn't have any glitches caused by the old save method. One example of a game with glitches is Worms Open Warfare 2, while accessing the save file the gfx glitch and flash.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
rolleyes.gif

Didn't I already tear into you once before for this behavior?

QUOTE(ssjkakaroto @ Feb 16 2009, 05:42 AM) dib, i think the best way to get your problem fixed would be posting a step-by-step way that can always reproduce your bug and submitting it to the bug tracker.
I've already posted the details, if it's not lost by now in the silly comments.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The team are hopeless
They are enjoying sucking caviar and tits with their money now
I would rather let the money go to normatt & smiths
In fact, AKAIO is the reason why people go for Acekard..screw AK team

Dude, shut the hell up. If it weren't for the AK team there would be no goddamn AKAIO.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Alright guys, im having problems with -

Chrono Trigger (US)(freezes when you try to launch)
Call Of Duty World (US)(freezes when you try to launch)
Geometry Wars (freezes when you try to launch)
Bleach Dark Souls (2 white screens on loadup)

Any ideas? Ive tried formatting and all that stuff. All these work on 1.3 but not 1.4.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
lee1978 said:
Alright guys, im having problems with -

Chrono Trigger (US)(freezes when you try to launch)
Call Of Duty World (US)(freezes when you try to launch)
Geometry Wars (freezes when you try to launch)
Bleach Dark Souls (2 white screens on loadup)

Any ideas? Ive tried formatting and all that stuff. All these work on 1.3 but not 1.4.

All work fine here, and work fine for many others, so its on your end. Use a fresh copy of akaio 1.4. Reformat with the panasonic sd formater.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Are you sure? Ive tried both of those things, and it still doesnt work. So i just deleted 1.4 and put 1.3 on and everything works. Ive tried this with 2 different sd cards. And 2 different Acekards.

What could be the problem? Could it be the loaders? Or is it just stupidity on my part?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
lee1978 said:
Are you sure? Ive tried both of those things, and it still doesnt work. So i just deleted 1.4 and put 1.3 on and everything works. Ive tried this with 2 different sd cards. And 2 different Acekards.

What could be the problem? Could it be the loaders? Or is it just stupidity on my part?

Try holding down X while loading the game, so that the loading screen turns green, and see if that works.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Alright Norm. Thanks for the advice. I dont know whats going on, but ive formatted again. Games work until i try to use cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1