AK RPG 4.07 released!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kijof, Jan 22, 2008.

Jan 22, 2008

AK RPG 4.07 released! by Kijof at 1:08 PM (1,947 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Kijof
    OP

Newcomer Kijof Advanced Member

Brazil
    What’s New

1.Fix bug of showing half-character Japanese.

2.You can choose whether to show hidden files and folders.Please modify the value of “showHiddenFiles” at /__rpg/globalsettings.ini. “0? means do not show hidden files and “1? means show all files.

3.You can adjust the speed of scrolling when list files. Please modify the value of “scrollSpeed” at /__rpg/globalsettings.ini to “fast”, “medium” or “slow”. And default value is “fast”.

4.Fix bug of customer text and pictures in skin.Please set the value of “custom text” and “custom picture” at /__rpg/ui/xxx/custom.ini. if “show = 0? means do not show this item. “show = 1? means show the item. You need set the path of customer picture. If the file in flash please use “fat0:/” as the root or “fat1:/” if the picture in TF card. Only RGB(555) BMP picture file is supported. For example you can set the “file” to “fat0:/__rpg/ui/Mario/my_pic.bmp”

5.Fix bug when holding key to list files and the icon would be display incorrectly.

6.Fix some game’s download play.

7.Add shortcut function. You can press “y” when select the application which you want to create a shortcut. And press “x” to create it. Then you can find the shortcut at the root of menu. Now only one shorcut can been created. You can change the shortcut display name by modify the value “ShortcutStr” at /__rpg/globalsettings.ini.

Special Thanks to Normmatt.

As the only one flash card who opened all source code we’d like to invite developers to enjoin our SVN server. You can visit it via svn:svn.acekard.com. The password and the account both are “acekard”. Please send us a email for developers’ account. acekard@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Download: http://www.acekard.com/index.php?page_id=4

Source: http://www.acekard.com/index.php?p=22

Enjoy.

Before the update, backup your lastsave.ini and savelistex.bin and .sav for precaution.
    unzip the firmware on Acekard and replaced the lastsave.ini with the yours. [​IMG]

2. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Bleh, great features and again, this card is coming out nicely but where is the 3in1 integration? Now people with a 3in1 still have to use the old outdated firmware. C'mon acekard team, it is already done for you! All you need to do is put it in the official release.

EDIT: Anyone know what Download play games they fixed? I am curious? I like how vague they are. "Some" games really means a lot to me.

3. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yea what the hell...wheres the 3in1 and moonshell intergrated....?

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Well, let's not act too spoiled; let's keep it at constructive criticism. They, as in normmatt and AK team, did do a pretty decent job on the release. Good job guys. [​IMG]

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    integrating mooonshell is wasteful and difficult.

with the shortcut feature you can put have moonshell linked in the main menu (under flash, microsd, slot2) a similar setup to R4. it works well.

3in1 integration might come into future releases, depending if those developers add their work into the svn.

6. daishadar

Newcomer daishadar Newbie

United States
    n00b here- can someone explain what 3in1 integration means? What is not integrated about the 3in1? It works with the Acekard, right?

Thanks [​IMG]

7. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    It means that the code for writting games to the 3in1 is incorporated into the actual acekard rpg firmware so theres no need to use Rudolph's tool and it makes the process much quicker/easier.

8. DaMummy

United States
    still no 4.07 3-in-1 intergrade? im starting to miss my opera browser...

9. DaMummy

United States
  10. Electric_Wizard

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Magic. I've been holding out for the 3-1 edition. Has anyone tried it out yet?

11. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Gelu's firmware is great. Only complaint I have is the rumble setting is not stored so you must activate before loading rom everytime. But being able to launch gba games from the OS menu rocks.

12. DaMummy

United States
    im running gulu firmwar as well and its great with the 3-in-1, only problem is that its missing the shortcut feature from 4.07, greatefulbuddy, you having the same problem?

13. Electric_Wizard

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Shame it won't allow shortcuts, I planned to put that to good use. Oh well, I'll give it a try now.

14. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Yes no shortcut. Heres gelus answer: