Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I already sent the submission form.
It's in approval process. :D

Hopefully It'll be up by tomorrow and then I'll add the credits.
For some reason RH doesn't allow putting the credits until after the form has been approved. :P
Sweet! Don't forget to link the publication here once it is done :D

Reactions: ShadowOne333

mariabronn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been severely depressed lately, but this has really made my day. I just want to thank everyone here for your participation with this (especially the hackers and that TAS guy). Thank you all so much for your efforts, and I hope more projects like this can succeed as well as this one has.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have been severely depressed lately, but this has really made my day. I just want to thank everyone here for your participation with this (especially the hackers and that TAS guy). Thank you all so much for your efforts, and I hope more projects like this can succeed as well as this one has.
Next time a game gets released, and is known to contain a major change like this, I'll definitely get on it again :D

loco365

Trophies
XP
I can't find the hex values in my hex editor.
I decided to give it a try and yeah, it doesn't seem to work. I managed to find very similar values, but the edits just locked the game on the formatting screen. For now, use GBATA's SRAM patcher. It does work for certain, although I'm not sure what will happen because of the nature of the game and whether or not anything new is actually saved or not.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an xdelta for (USA, Australia) (Rev 1) to (USA) (Virtual Console Edition) to save the trouble of messing around with old patch formats and SHA-1s :P
Its from revision 1 because it is nearer to the VC edition that the original version, maybe because this VC version is based on rev 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_yBl-184usmQng0bWd4ellNWGs/view?usp=sharing

Note that the ROM from the Europe and Japan VCs are not dumped yet, so if anybody has those and a Wii U capable of RAM dumping the running software, please help out.

@Hiccup can you post a md5 of the rev 1 rom you used? I am getting an input error from xdelta and am trying to see whether that is the cause

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the xdelta is for Rev 1.1 I'd say its current title is misleading...
tbh its all kinda correct version 1.1 is the same as revision 1, but i can see how it could lead to confusion, basically scene releases use different naming rules than no into, i assume hiccup was naming his to match up with the no-intro rom name structure or something

so to clarify, either the ips or xdelta can be applied to any of these (they are all the exact same dump, just named differently)
2161 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (U)(Trashman).gba
2161 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (v1.1).gba
2136 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (USA, Australia) (Rev 1)
Super_Mario_Advance_4_v1.1_USA_GBA-TRM

Last edited by gamesquest1,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.amazon.com/NDLBS-Chicken-Christmas-Stocking-Stuffers/dp/B0BGGLLNSF/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl...