Hacking [A Possible Guide] R4 Clone (www.r4i-sdhc.com) + YS Menu

kedirakevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, this is my first attempt in writing a guide in getting YSmenu to run with R4 upgrade with website www.r4i-sdhc.com printed on it. Some R4 clones doesnt seem to work with YSMenu often comes out with the error either "Unknown DLDI" or "UnsupporteD DLDI" or "ttpatch.dat" cant open loader error messages. After searching and finding i finally made it work on my R4 card, so gonna share with everybody. Without further ado, here goes.

1) Required Things

YSMenu -> Im sure thats all over the net in regards on how to obtain it. You will need it for TTYsauto

TTYSAUTO - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104810

DLIDI no patch - http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/c/cd/Dldino-apatch.zip

2) Now go back to the thread where you obtained TTYsauto and get that done first. If done correctly you should have the output file DSTT_Menu_custom_English.zip, inside has

\TTMenu.DAT
\YSMenu\extinfo.dat
\YSMenu\system.ank
\YSMenu\system.fon
\YSMenu\system.l2u
\YSMenu\system.u2l
\YSMenu\ttdldi.dat
\YSMenu\ttpatch.dat
\YSMenu\ttreset.dat
\YSMenu\usrcheat.dat

3) Copy everything in DSTT_Menu_custom_English.zip to the root of your microSD card.

4) Delete TTMenu.DAT

5) Now extract the ORIGINAL YSMenu.nds (means directly downloaded and extracted from YASU website) from (1) and copy it to the root of your microSD card.

6) Extract Dldino-apatch.zip and run DLDI nopatch.exe

7) Uncheck "Make a backup when possible"

8) Select the ysmenu.nds at the root of your microSD

9) At the root of your microSD, rename YSMenu to TTMenu

Done!!!!

Now one thing to note that this is not autobooting but for me thats not really an issue as i simply just select YSMenu from the games list. Do let me know if this is helpful or not
biggrin.gif
thanks for reading
biggrin.gif

kedirakevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm doesnt work that way for me... You were saying just format the entire card clean... and just copy DSTT firmware to the root of my microSD?

I did just that a while ago upon reading ur post, i used this "9076-dstt1.17a12.zip" but all i get is a menu ?

EDIT: Oh i got what you meant already. I installed my original R4i-sdhc firmware... then copy the DSTT firmware over... Rename TTMenu.DAT to .NDS
Then switch on the DS, from R4 boot into DSTT..... lolx... thats it... silly me......

KIRKANGUSJOE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody. First Post.

I've tried many different ways to put the ysmenu in my r4i-sdhc from www.r4i-sdhc.com but couldn't...then i found this
guide and i was very happy because i thought that with this one, nothing could possibly go wrong, but it didn't work...
After this, i tried the last post instructions and it did run the ysmenu fine, then i put some roms in the root of my micro
sd card and when i start my r4i, then the games menu, it freezes...I thought that if i put them in another place, it wouldn't
freeze, so i put one rom in the R4iMenu folder, and as i thought it didn't freeze, but when i try to run it, it says ERROR
UNKNOWN_DLDI_TYPE
BTN_OK
I'm very frustrated, so i want to know, can i achieve running roms in a ysmenu in my card?
Please reply

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would u even want the dstt firmware on r4i-sdhc considering the r4i-sdhc is better.

there is a way to autoboot ysmenu on the r4i-sdhc and you won't need the r4 firmware on your card, but i just think it's pointless

Rafaramos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
supimparalho.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This method didn't work with me.
To get the YSmenu working I renamed the TTmenu.dat to .nds and deleted the r4dldi from TTmenu folder. I open TTDS in the R4 and then YSmenu.

QUOTE said:
Then the question changes. How can i play games such as Mario & Luigi Bowser's..., Sonic Classic Collection, etc.?
I'm a n00b at this so help is appreciated

Download this thread files and you'll get Mario & Luigi Bowser's, Assassin's Creed, Wario Ware DIY, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing and other games working:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218414

KIRKANGUSJOE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By doing EXACTLY what your guide says, it didn't work (MENU ?)
Do u know what can i change or if i can do another thing a little
bit different?
Anyway, thank u

EDIT:Ah... I also put the r4i menu and the r4 dat, and it did work, but i haven't tried any roms so i'll tell u later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work