R4 Deluxe (Clone) YsMenu Help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ndsgamingfreak, Dec 16, 2010.

Dec 16, 2010
  1. ndsgamingfreak

Newcomer ndsgamingfreak Newbie

Sep 29, 2010
    United States
    hey there i have followed the ysmenu installation step for the r4 but to no avail. i have downloaded ysmenu, DSTT Firmware, Dldi tool,r4dldi,r4crypt. i put the Dldi Tool+r4dldi to the same folder and R4crypt to its own seperate folder.Ysmenu and Dstt together in the same folder.
    so then i proceeded to take the YSmenu.nds to patch it with the dldi tool, patch:r4dldi Binary:ysmenu.nds then pressed the patch button.

then i have took the ysmenu.nds that i have just patched dragged it back over to Ysmenu+dstt firmware folder and used ttextract.exe
    it created me 2 files that are called ttpatch.dat,ttdldi.dat

next i have edited the ysmenu config LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN to LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG. then i created a new note pad with the following lines,

@echo off
    echo ---------------------
    echo Action Menu
    echo [1] Decrypt Firmware
    echo [2] Encrypt Firmware
    echo [3] Decrypt Cheats
    echo [4] Encrypt Cheats
    echo [5] Close
    set INPUT=
    Set /P INPUT= Action:

if "%input%" =="" goto menu
    if "%input%" =="1" goto decryptf
    if "%input%" =="2" goto encryptf
    if "%input%" =="3" goto decryptc
    if "%input%" =="4" goto encryptc
    if "%input%" =="5" goto close

r4crypt.exe -d _DS_MENU.DAT OUTPUT.DAT
    goto close

r4crypt.exe -e YSMenu.nds _DS_MENU.DAT
    goto close

r4crypt.exe -d CHEAT.DAT USRCHEAT.DAT
    goto close

r4crypt.exe -e USRCHEAT.DAT CHEAT.DAT
    goto close

then saved it as GUI.bat and moved it to R4Crypt Tool as said on the tutorial.

then i have took the ysmenu.nds that i have patched earlier stated above using the dlditool and dragged it over to the r4crypt folder

then i started up the GUI.bat window popped up,pressed 2+enter then i got _DS_MENU.DAT.
    i have then dragged that file over to the ysmenu+dstt firmware folder that i have mentioned above.then copyed all the files that were in the YSMenu+Dstt firmware into the microsd 2gig

then i inserted the microsd into r4 Deluxe (Clone) flashcart then i booted up the ndsl and it didn't work =/ it stayed at loading screen...
    so can anyone here please give me pointers on what errors that i have made so i could get this ysmenu to work? please and thank you in advance.

PS: Sorry, if this was a very long post and thank you for the people that have took their time to read this. i tryed to be as detailed as possible to get a fast solution to what my problem is.

Tutorial that i was following: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615
  2. rockerzz182

Member rockerzz182 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Pixel City
    Try This Method..

Try To Format your Memory Card using sdhc formatter then put the original firmware on your card..
    Then Download This http://www.mediafire.com/?h4aa9kbidbvdnm8
    Extract then copy this on the root on your card..
    Run TTMenu.nds Then run Games..If that doesnt work
    Run TTMenu.nds Then Run YSMenu.nds Then Run Games..