Hacking [Tuto] R4i SDHC (and other clones) - How to play new games ?

blaziner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what would be amazing, if you could make a youtube guide step by step, cuss im lost as hell man!

maybe link a youtube guide, or tell me some key words to type in youtube.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry but I don't have time for that.
If someone wants to do so, please donnot forget to give credits to all people who helped making that possible (see the initial tuto-topic, @ the bottom) + link to this topic.
Thx.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi people, I´m having problems on running golden sun dark dawn with the new update to the TTDS menu (6.40 from Retrogamefan) the problem is that I get the white screen, any help you may give me? I used this method for pokemon black, but now is not working...

I heard of other people working well with the new update, and I´m itching for playing it...

please help...

EDIT:got it to work.. thanks for the tips on the TTDS menu... no longer using the shitty R4 menu...

xSnow

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok so i am using r4 sdhc and when i put the waio and the new firmware i get loading and black screen and nothing happens....i wanna play only golden sun xD i ve been waiting 6 freakin years
smile.gif
any way i can play?should i follow the tutorials?i am new to this so please bare with me i just got a flashcart r4 sdhc from my older brother
smile.gif
cheers!

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This topic is not about WOOD, so I would only help you with YSMenu and DSTT kernels.
R4 SDHC does not mean anything as all fake R4 cards could be call like this, but some are R4 clones, others DSTT clones, that's why we need the website for your card... ?

Whatever you got, you can use the method given to dualboot your kernel + YSMenu/DSTT's.

Kajdan said:
the r4ill you mentioned still gets updates... and whats more, the updates work on my crappy fake r4igold card! now I have two firmwares with compatibility!

I saw those updates but RGF's will still be better to use
wink.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
toño88 said:
There is some way to make it work on the r4i rts ?

Only the dual boot method should have a chance to work on R4i RTS'.
But thios card seems to be real R4 based, so you should look for WOOD, I don't know if it works for you card, have a look.

QUOTE(Seaking @ Dec 1 2010, 05:11 PM) stupid question.

R4SDHC
would this work on one of the all black ones, like this?
http://www.r4sdhc.net/r4-sdhc-product.html#2

As I am not going to dowload every kernel existing on the web to compare, you should link me his structure.
But if you use the v1.34 kernel from this website, assuming those kind of version have got a _SYSTEM_ folder, you could try WOOD.
Also, YSMenu/DSTT should run besides your kernel.

mkkid28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried this but I get the ? MENU error, any ideas. I have a R4 SDHC clone, the website for my card is www.r4i-sdhc.com.

Edit. Just tried the newest menu on the website for my card and Golden Sun works with it, so want need to use a different menu at the moment. Thanks anyway.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, I have a question, with the new kernel of te TTDS menu installed on the R4i-sdhc(v1.4) is it possible to play on the dsi with the latest firmware? the 1.4.1?

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update 3.12.2010 - Added few new links to the Tutorial :

-> RetroGameFan update/release topic in the DSTT/TTDS section
-> List of cards compatible with at least one of the method given in this topic
-> A dev project to upgrade DSTT clones firmware from v1.4 to v1.4.1

mkkid28 said:
I tried this but I get the ? MENU error, any ideas. I have a R4 SDHC clone, the website for my card is www.r4i-sdhc.com.

Edit. Just tried the newest menu on the website for my card and Golden Sun works with it, so want need to use a different menu at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Glad to know you found a solution for what you needed
smile.gif

Your card seems only compatible with the dual-boot method anyway.

QUOTE(wiibomb @ Dec 2 2010, 02:40 AM) hi, I have a question, with the new kernel of te TTDS menu installed on the R4i-sdhc(v1.4) is it possible to play on the dsi with the latest firmware? the 1.4.1?

Kernel != firmware.
This topic is only about DSTT kernel based cards. You should check your constructor website to know if it your card is upgradable.
If it is, a dual boot method should still work with your card as the system file structure should not change because they don't re-code all the firmware, they just make it compatible, so you should not even have to change of kernel
wink.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jmanup85 said:
This guide is awesome but I cant seem to understand the step to allowing you to soft reset. Is there something I need to open the file and edit the line or am I just slow?

Did you try to open it with a text editor like notepad or nano/vi (depends on your system) ?

jmanup85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CalamityDjenn said:
jmanup85 said:
This guide is awesome but I cant seem to understand the step to allowing you to soft reset. Is there something I need to open the file and edit the line or am I just slow?

Did you try to open it with a text editor like notepad or nano/vi (depends on your system) ?

I opened it with notepad and a bunch of characters appeared when it opened so I wasnt sure where to look. If there was a line that said TTMENU.DAT I couldnt see it in that jumbled mess.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jmanup85 said:
CalamityDjenn said:
jmanup85 said:

I opened it with notepad and a bunch of characters appeared when it opened so I wasnt sure where to look. If there was a line that said TTMENU.DAT I couldnt see it in that jumbled mess.

Use the "search" tool of your text editor
wink.gif
Usually it is called with CTRL+F !

flatsch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

i got the following Flashcard:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

down_r4i.jpg

R4i-SDHC kemel download(without
v1.4.1.png
and
v1.4.png
mark?

First i have tried this:

FIRST CHOICE - USING YSMenu/DSTT NATIVELY (no more R4 main menu, no more R4 kernel, only YSMenu/DSTT)

I did it step by step as it was written down there, but as soon as i start my DSi, i get a Picture that says: ?menu

Then i tried this

ALTERNATIVE - USING A DUAL BOOT WITH TTMENU/YSMENU/ANOTHER KERNEL :

I downloaded the Firmware 1.09d from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ (the others are not supported on my flashcard) and unpacked it on the root of the mSD Card (of course i have formatted it before)). Then i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.38 - with YSMenu from RetroGameFan and did this:

-> Copy the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS on / (root) of your micro SD card. It could ask you to replace TTMENU.SYS, say yes.
-> Rename the /TTMENU.DAT to /TTMENU.NDS.

After that i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.41 without YSmenu from RetroGameFan, i renamed the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds on my computer and copied the TTMenu Folder and the renamed TTMenu.nds to my mSD card and replaced it with the olds.

Now i start my DSi, go to Media so the R4i ist starting the Moonshell and then i start TTmenu.nds (if i try to start the TTmenu.nds in the main menu where my games are listet, the DSi is freezing). Now im in the YSMenu and when i open my game folder and i will start the game Golden Sun (Europe Version), it says: "Unsupported DLDI Name"

Now i dont know what to do
frown.gif

Is anybody here that has the same flashcard and get it to work?

Thank you
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im from germany, but i hope you can understand me.

THANKS
biggrin.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
flatsch said:
Hey Guys,

i got the following Flashcard:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

down_r4i.jpg

R4i-SDHC kemel download(without
v1.4.1.png
and
v1.4.png
mark?

First i have tried this:

FIRST CHOICE - USING YSMenu/DSTT NATIVELY (no more R4 main menu, no more R4 kernel, only YSMenu/DSTT)

I did it step by step as it was written down there, but as soon as i start my DSi, i get a Picture that says: ?menu

Then i tried this

ALTERNATIVE - USING A DUAL BOOT WITH TTMENU/YSMENU/ANOTHER KERNEL :

I downloaded the Firmware 1.09d from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ (the others are not supported on my flashcard) and unpacked it on the root of the mSD Card (of course i have formatted it before)). Then i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.38 - with YSMenu from RetroGameFan and did this:

-> Copy the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS on / (root) of your micro SD card. It could ask you to replace TTMENU.SYS, say yes.
-> Rename the /TTMENU.DAT to /TTMENU.NDS.

After that i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.41 without YSmenu from RetroGameFan, i renamed the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds on my computer and copied the TTMenu Folder and the renamed TTMenu.nds to my mSD card and replaced it with the olds.

Now i start my DSi, go to Media so the R4i ist starting the Moonshell and then i start TTmenu.nds (if i try to start the TTmenu.nds in the main menu where my games are listet, the DSi is freezing). Now im in the YSMenu and when i open my game folder and i will start the game Golden Sun (Europe Version), it says: "Unsupported DLDI Name"

Now i dont know what to do
frown.gif

Is anybody here that has the same flashcard and get it to work?

Thank you
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im from germany, but i hope you can understand me.

THANKS
biggrin.gif

Hi,
Your card does not support the first method (natively run YSMenu) cause you don't have a 1:1 clone or a clone where the files names have just changed.
I cannot confirm the second method could work for you but I think that if you got a DLDI error, you should DLDI patch TTMenu.dat, have a look in the topics sticked in this R4 section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.