• Likes 43

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:L

Looks like I kinda messed something up.
I managed to install menuhax first onto my o3ds and then managed to downgrade it to 9.2. The first problem is that my 3ds now won't boot to the home screen unless I take the sd card out, thus I can't boot to hbc by holding L button. I tried to access it through my original method of ninjhax but it won't boot to hbc either... I honestly don't know what I did wrong.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but after downgrading to 9.2, what am I able to get now? I heard of rxtools and emunand but really don't know what they do. I also heard that I can use CFW to get free games instead of using gateways but how do I get it?

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but after downgrading to 9.2, what am I able to get now? I heard of rxtools and emunand but really don't know what they do. I also heard that I can use CFW to get free games instead of using gateways but how do I get it?
I asked a similar question, but found that it was better to do digging before asking here
http://hackinformer.com/2015/07/03/beginners-guide-cfw-3ds/
That should explain to you everything about CFW and the different types of CFW there is out there, explaining all of your question except for the games and emunand.
Setting up the CFW, you have to find the tutorial for that respective CFW for your O3DS or N3DS.

It not really free games, but piracy as it is stealing in a way. To get those game on to your 3DS, first set up CFW, then get the .cia files of the game. with the CFW, you then use a program like FBI to install those .cia files.

Regarding EmuNAND:
Let compare the 3DS to a smart phone.
Let say an phone has 32 gb sd card, and 16 gb internal memory (Which is where the data of the OS is stored).
Vs the 3DS, the SD card is like SD card of the phone, the NAND part of the 3DS is the internal memory part, as it store all the core info of the 3ds.
When people downgrade to 9.0-9.2, people copy and split the NAND into 2, called emuNAND and sysNAND. This proccess is similar to a computer having both Windows and Linux.
The 3DS run on the sysNAND first, then you choose to keep using sysNAND or go to EmuNAND. As such, as long as you keep sysNAND at 9.0, you can do what ever you want to emuNAND and be safe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what is the easiest/best way to get my streetpass puzzles completed? would be great if someone had an idea! thanks!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#post-4736164

Reactions: naddel81

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:L

Looks like I kinda messed something up.
I managed to install menuhax first onto my o3ds and then managed to downgrade it to 9.2. The first problem is that my 3ds now won't boot to the home screen unless I take the sd card out, thus I can't boot to hbc by holding L button. I tried to access it through my original method of ninjhax but it won't boot to hbc either... I honestly don't know what I did wrong.

Boot without the SD card, change your theme to something else, reinsert card and reboot. When you downgraded, it messed up menuhax. Will have to reinstall it after this though.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Did I dream this or did GW add an option to boot to sysnand from the GW menu? Like holding a dpad button or something?

I can't find anything on their site about it now

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, thought I was going mad :D

Although now I'm running into the problem of homemenuhax autobooting again, going to be a pain just to get this save data

Did you set it to autoboot in the menuhax trigger settings? Try holding any button as soon as Gateway starts to boot your sysnand... unless you set it to a specific key. If so, you will have to load without your SD card and then reinsert it and load up menuhax manager and change the trigger if you can't remember it.

Last edited by Ryft,
Reactions: Tokiopop

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you set it to autoboot in the menuhax trigger settings? Try holding any button as soon as Gateway starts to boot your sysnand... unless you set it to a specific key. If so, you will have to load without your SD card and then reinsert it and load up menuhax manager and change the trigger if you can't remember it.
Good call, girlfriend'ss AC save restored :D Completely forgot unlinking NANDs actually had consequences

Reactions: Ryft

Mai85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!

I'm coming back now that apparently downgrading is possible but I heard that an update is coming... I own a 3DS XL and I will be buying a N3DS... But as I understand i will have to do my downgrading before the update (to install menuhax & incase of soft breaking on the N3DS...?).

I'm just totally and utterly lost, my brother was the one who knew a lot about those things but he is studyng abroad >.< There are so many versions...

From what I gathered I need to Install Menuhax then follow this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/easiest-way-to-downgrade-your-new-3ds-3ds-down-to-9-2.409037/

But how do I do that? Where do I find Sysupdater latest version & the 9.2?

With a 3DS XL on 10.3, with nothing installed besides games from the eshop (which I don't want to lose, especially not the saves!) and a N3DS, how do I install an hombrew launcher and downgrade safely? (Without softbreaking and all :s)

Thanks for any idea! I so hate working with a deadline.

Last edited by Mai85,

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I got ALMOST everything working like I want it to work. Now, I wanted to access eShop on 9.2, is it possible? Do I need to update to 9.5?

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, emunand on New 3DS can only go up to 9.5. For games that require a higher firmware version (like Zelda Tri Force Heroes) you would need to install a patched version that will work on 9.5. Right?

So, Tri Force Heroes is already downloaded from the eShop on my 3DS. Since downgrading to 9.2, it doesn't run -- I just get the Nintendo 3DS logo and red wavy animation forever.

• To continue playing the game, do I need to delete the game and install a CIA of the game that is patched to run on 9.5?
  • How can I keep my current save file?
Thanks!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sega dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to play online in my rxtools 10.3 emunand? Is there a risk of getting banned? Also, is there a risk of getting banned using custom home screen badges?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set it to autoboot in the menuhax trigger settings? Try holding any button as soon as Gateway starts to boot... unless you set it to a specific key. If so, you will have to load up menuhax manager and change the trigger.
Is it safe to play online in my rxtools 10.3 emunand? Is there a risk of getting banned? Also, is there a risk of getting banned using custom home screen badges?
Should be OK playing online with games installed through cia's. Dunno about the badges though.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so, emunand on New 3DS can only go up to 9.5. For games that require a higher firmware version (like Zelda Tri Force Heroes) you would need to install a patched version that will work on 9.5. Right?

So, Tri Force Heroes is already downloaded from the eShop on my 3DS. Since downgrading to 9.2, it doesn't run -- I just get the Nintendo 3DS logo and red wavy animation forever.

• To continue playing the game, do I need to delete the game and install a CIA of the game that is patched to run on 9.5?
  • How can I keep my current save file?
Thanks!

You can use Savedatafiler to back up the save, and then download the game that's fixed to run on 9.5

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I asked this a while ago but got not response; I installed CFW and all: is there any way to access my eShop games or do I just have to download the cias for each one and svdt all the savefiles from my backup?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this a while ago but got not response; I installed CFW and all: is there any way to access my eShop games or do I just have to download the cias for each one and svdt all the savefiles from my backup?
Explain the process you use to make cfw, as you did something wrong

If done correctly, you would still have access to all of your games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1