• Views 4,479,659
  • Replies 53,784
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much! Is there a way to check to know if I'm getting the 9.2 update or the 8.1 update before I buy the game? I'm not sure what 3DNUS or sysUpdater are or how to use them. >.<
Prior to purchasing the game, I don't believe there is a way to check (if somebody knows a way, please post how). 3DNUS is an application that allows you to download official Nintendo updates onto your PC, which you can then use to update your 3DS to the version of your choosing. sysUpdater actually lets you install the updates on your system. Here is a tutorial for how to update to 9.2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/ with sysUpdater.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it appears that a new version is firmware is available (9.9.0). Does anybody have their emuNAND on 9.9.0 and does it work alright?

Also, another question, what's the worst thing that you can happen if you install a completely messed up .cia to your emuNAND?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, it appears that a new version is firmware is available (9.9.0). Does anybody have their emuNAND on 9.9.0 and does it work alright?

Also, another question, what's the worst thing that you can happen if you install a completely messed up .cia to your emuNAND?
GW emuNAND's rom menu will break if you're using a US 3DS, other than that everything is fine.

You can potentially brick your emuNAND with a very screwed up .cia, but this is why we use emuNAND in the first place. It's much easier to restore emuNAND than it is to restore sysNAND. Either way it's good to keep a backup of emuNAND in case something goes wrong.

ezalore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i want to install the latest CFW on my old 3DS, but i have the 4.5.0-0E firmware with no browser (no QR Code etc) so it's complicated.
I already have the palantine CFW with red menu...(i have a Sky3DS to have cubic ninja for exemple)

What's the best to "update" my hack on this 3DS please ? (i don't know the new possibilites because it's been a long time since i tried to do something on 3DS)

I seen the last pasta, cakes, rxtool and i want to use one of them.
Thank you guys !!

Someone have an idea please ??

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, good to know. So I should back up my emuNAND... but...
I see that gateway can back up the system NAND, but it doesn't have an option to back up the emuNAND. Is there a much more difficult process to go through for that? I've looked at some tutorials, but they're all either really old or need the Gateway Red Card (I just have CFW and access the gateway menu through the browser). Any recommendations?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, good to know. So I should back up my emuNAND... but...
I see that gateway can back up the system NAND, but it doesn't have an option to back up the emuNAND. Is there a much more difficult process to go through for that? I've looked at some tutorials, but they're all either really old or need the Gateway Red Card (I just have CFW and access the gateway menu through the browser). Any recommendations?
Download emuNAND tool. Insert your 3DS's SD card into your PC and click extract emuNAND, this will create a backup of your emuNAND. You can use the inject option to restore a backed up emuNAND.

Someone have an idea please ??
Try this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

ezalore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Download emuNAND tool. Insert your 3DS's SD card into your PC and click extract emuNAND, this will create a backup of your emuNAND. You can use the inject option to restore a backed up emuNAND.

Try this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/
Sorry but i have a question, i have to do this before ?? https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pbt-cfw-import-cias-on-your-sysnand.383242/

because i have the simple CFW that i have to launch from my SD card after the boot of my 3DS i don't want to brick my 3DS

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I backed up my emuNAND and the .cia I installed works flawlessly.

I am annoyed by something though; whenever I load up my emuNAND, SaveDataFiler and DevMenu aren't in the spots (on the home menu) that I move them to. I can move other things, like the System Settings and Health and Safety Information and they'll stay in the same slots the next time I load up emuNAND, but it seems like nothing that I install will (they just revert to the spot they were in when I originally opened them). Why is this, and is there a way around it?

Alucard023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its SAD for us 9.7.0 firmware and up. there's no way to download games for free :cry::hateit: should i wait for the rxtools update for 9.7.0 firmware?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's working with a rom of cubic ninja on sky3ds ? do you have the link for a tuto with cubic ninja please ?
Yes it will work with a rom on Sky3DS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

What does this mean? I have a Gateway, but haven't really had a use for it until recently where I need to use a .3ds rom to play a game w/DLC. Is this not possible anymore on 9.9?
The rom menu won't open (the menu where you select a game from). This is because the home menu was updated, and breaks Gateway's mapping of the select button. Gateway can fix this with ease though, so you probably won't have to wait long for GW to release an update that fixes it.

Thanks, I backed up my emuNAND and the .cia I installed works flawlessly.

I am annoyed by something though; whenever I load up my emuNAND, SaveDataFiler and DevMenu aren't in the spots (on the home menu) that I move them to. I can move other things, like the System Settings and Health and Safety Information and they'll stay in the same slots the next time I load up emuNAND, but it seems like nothing that I install will (they just revert to the spot they were in when I originally opened them). Why is this, and is there a way around it?
Have you unlinked sysNAND and emuNAND? If not I'd recommend doing so. Remove the SD card from your 3DS (this is very important! If you don't remove it, everything on your SD will be deleted!) and format sysNAND. The 3DS will ask you to connect to the internet, but you will not have to update. Now the two should be unlinked and I think this will solve your icon issue.

ezalore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes it will work with a rom on Sky3DS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

The rom menu won't open (the menu where you select a game from). This is because the home menu was updated, and breaks Gateway's mapping of the select button. Gateway can fix this with ease though, so you probably won't have to wait long for GW to release an update that fixes it.

Have you unlinked sysNAND and emuNAND? If not I'd recommend doing so. Remove the SD card from your 3DS (this is very important! If you don't remove it, everything on your SD will be deleted!) and format sysNAND. The 3DS will ask you to connect to the internet, but you will not have to update. Now the two should be unlinked and I think this will solve your icon issue.

I just test but when i have to load with the QR code it's not working, my 3DS doesn't have a Firmware with browser, there is no choice on ninjhax for 4.5.0-0E :/

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its SAD for us 9.3.0 firmware and up. there's no way to download games for free :cry::hateit: should i wait for the rxtools update for 9.7.0 firmware?
You'll probably be waiting a very long time. There's no guarantee an exploit for 9.3+ will ever be found. There were a few years between the 4.X and the 5.0+ exploits and it'll likely be even longer for another one.

I just test but when i have to load with the QR code it's not working, my 3DS doesn't have a Firmware with browser, there is no choice on ninjhax for 4.5.0-0E :/
I'm not sure what to do then. :/ The guide for updating says you can use PBT instead of Pasta, but I don't know much about PBT so I won't be much help with that.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have to connect to the internet to format the sysNAND? I'd really rather not if I don't have to.
Yes, you must connect to the internet to format sysNAND. It won't update the console. To be honest I'm really not sure why Nintendo forces you to connect to the internet, but unfortunately they do.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, I believe it's for unlinking your NNID from the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0