• Views 4,488,177
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything done fell apart for me! I downgraded my 9.2 to 4.2 via gateway website. Now I keep getting a message about slot0x25KeyX.bin needed for firmlaunch. None of my game work any more. I got a backup of my 9.2 Nand and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to actually restore it. The only cartridge game I have is cubic ninja and R4i card for NDS stuff. Is it possible for me to go back to 9.2 or at least 8.0 with the stuff I have?

Update: Was able to restore the Nand. Still trying to figure out how to downgrade in the 5+ range

Last edited by solitaire4eva,

Bexiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have two Old3ds's and a gateway card, they are using GW emunand. I'd like to stop using the GW, and start using CFW on both ds's, from where should I start? Does the gateway card can help me during any step during the process of CFW install? Which is the best setup (CFW) for the ds, I want to play CIAS and gba games. Is there anyway to boot cfw without internet (using settings, like GW)?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help, guys. You all rock.

I do have one more really dumb question. I had a bunch of stuff installed to sysNAND by way of PastaCFW. Today I set up emuNAND for reiNAND and when I unlinked the NANDs (formatted with no microSD card in), all of the stuff that was installed to sysNAND naturally disappeared. All my software shows up in emuNAND, but where is all the stuff I had installed to sysNAND? I am assuming it's taking up space on my microSD card somewhere? But where?
When you formatted sysNAND, anything tied to sysNAND will no longer show up as it is no longer linked. Data on a 3DS has a unique ID that's tied to your NAND and when you format your NAND a new ID is created. Since you are on a new ID for sysNAND, anything tied to the old ID will no longer show up there, but will still show up on emuNAND, since emuNAND still uses the old ID.

Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a noob question :)

So, I bought a R4 card that has www.r4isdhc.com printed on the front (Dual Core version). It came with firmware that supported 9.8.0-25, so I could use it on my 3DS.

The problem is, that I had to update the system, in order to buy something from eShop (to 9.8.0-26). I did it before updating my R4.
My question is: Would R4 still work with my 3DS? I don't want to risk bricking the card or console (if that is even possible). I use 3DS XL if that changes antything.

The site of the team behind this R4 has been offline for several days, so I don't know if any updates will even show up in the future.

EDIT: The site is back online. Is it safe to download kernel support and put it on SD card?
I think your flashcart will still work fine, I don't believe Nintendo has blocked any DS flashcarts for over a year now. Don't worry about bricking the 3DS or the flashcart, that isn't possible simply through just using the cart. I would say you should be fine to get the kernel support download and put it on your flashcart's SD.

Everything done fell apart for me! I downgraded my 9.2 to 4.2 via gateway website. Now I keep getting a message about slot0x25KeyX.bin needed for firmlaunch. None of my game work any more. I got a backup of my 9.2 Nand and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to actually restore it. The only cartridge game I have is cubic ninja and R4i card for NDS stuff. Is it possible for me to go back to 9.2 or at least 8.0 with the stuff I have?

Update: Was able to restore the Nand. Still trying to figure out how to downgrade in the 5+ range
The reason you need the slot0x25KeyX.bin is because it allows support for the 3DS's 7.X encryption on consoles below 7.x firmware. With a little bit of Google searching, you should be able to find it (can't share the file due to it containing a copyrighted key). Once you get the file (and the correct key for the file) put the file on the root of your 3DS's SD and this should solve your problem. This will allow you to be on 4.X firmware, but still have the 7.X encryption implemented.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BobDoleOwndU, post:

The reason you need the slot0x25KeyX.bin is because it allows support for the 3DS's 7.X encryption on consoles below 7.x firmware. With a little bit of Google searching, you should be able to find it (can't share the file due to it containing a copyrighted key). Once you get the file (and the correct key for the file) put the file on the root of your 3DS's SD and this should solve your problem. This will allow you to be on 4.X firmware, but still have the 7.X encryption implemented.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Ha I got it back to 4.2 and found the file I needed thanks! Just found out the hard way firmware 4 - 5 don't support firmlaunch lol.

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier I region changed my emunand from US to JPN. Everything is going good but when I boot into emunand all my menu icons are gone. Nothing is there. Clicking on anything from the web browser to Home menu freezes my 3DS. I followed every instruction on the tutorial. what did I do wrong?

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hi all,

I downgraded my old 3DS XL successfully to 4.5.0-8e.

Now I would like to perform further steps to get rxTools running properly.
Thanks for the detailed information. I prefer DS Profile Exploit to use my 3DS without internet access.

What I´ve done so far:
1) Used gateway's launcher.dat to backup nand.
2) Used gateway's launcher.dat to format emunand.
3) Used gateway's launcher.dat & gateway.dg to downgrade to 4.5.0-8e
4) Copied rxtools.dat and firmware.bin to sdcard (I am not sure if i have to use the official 2.6 binaries or the "patched" ones?)
5) Launch rxTools via browser and http://launch.rxtools.net/

I presume next steps would be:
6) Install and use DS Profile exploit to launch rxTools (where do I 'find' that DS Profile exploit)
7) Update emunand to 9.9 (is this an option of rxTools?)
8) Use fbi injection and install BigBlueMenu.cia (do I have to use that v3077 fbi_inject.app file or which version is correct?)
9) Done

When it´s done and I power on my 3DS, then it starts in sysnand mode. To launch emunand I have to launch the DS Profile exploit?
Then I can run rxTools to for example dump one of my cartridges?
Or how does it work

Thanks again.

Question:

Is it possible to install the DS profile exploit on my downgraded 3DS without a DS flashcart or GW? I searched through a bunch of tutorials but could not find a clear answer yet.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I downgraded my old 3DS XL successfully to 4.5.0-8e.

Now I would like to perform further steps to get rxTools running properly.

Question:

Is it possible to install the DS profile exploit on my downgraded 3DS without a DS flashcart or GW? I searched through a bunch of tutorials but could not find a clear answer yet.
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to set up the DS profile exploit without a DS flashcart or Gateway.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every DSiWARE CIA I installed installed just fine except Wario Ware Snapped says it's an invalid CIA file. I downloaded two different "rips" from two different sources and I still am getting the same error. What could cause this?

It installs to my emuNAND just fine, but that's worthless because I need it to be on sysNAND which I tried via Gateway card and Pasta. Why would install to emuNAND fine but not sysNAND?

Last edited by Hammyface,

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how can I backup saves made from games above 7.x on a 4.x console using save data filer? I've updated and am using rxtools now, but I can't backup my fantasy life save because it says it's broken.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seem this CFW stuff is more trouble than it is worth lol. I can finally install any CIA I come across but when I click on them to play I get the new error:

The SD Card was Removed.

Press the Home button to return to the Home Menu.

I am using Pasta CFW 1.3

I'm on firmware 4x

Has anyone ran across this problem?

EDIT: I just formatted the SD on my PC then formatted the emunand thingy and started from scratch. Now everything works again lol. I don't think I will be downgrading again!

Last edited by solitaire4eva,

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every DSiWARE CIA I installed installed just fine except Wario Ware Snapped says it's an invalid CIA file. I downloaded two different "rips" from two different sources and I still am getting the same error. What could cause this?

It installs to my emuNAND just fine, but that's worthless because I need it to be on sysNAND which I tried via Gateway card and Pasta. Why would install to emuNAND fine but not sysNAND?

I was able to solve this myself. It took forever and I am not even sure how I figured it out but I figured I will pass it along if anyone else has this problem.

FBI and DevMenu.2.3.4 would *NOT* install WarioWare Snapped. However, DevMenu_2x.cia installed it just fine.

No clue what the difference is, but there you go!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Takanaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I have been Googling around and looking around this place and MaxConsole but I was unable to find any help. I have been playing on my N3DS for a few days and used the MSET_EUR thing and everything was fine and happy and colours and things! Then I replaced the Launcher.dat file that I have (which was 3.2.2) with the newest 3.3 and as soon as I tried to boot into it, it made the screen go black. I kept trying and trying and sometimes it would light up in all colours (the red card). Wel, I used the Zelda cartridge that I first used to see if I could boot into it but it just sent went black on the upper screen and white on the lower screen. I kept trying and trying. But it was the same!

Then I tried to update to an earlier version 3.2.2 and replace the Launcher.dat file again, with my old Nintendo 3DS, etc. Back and forth on both of them. But it didn't work.

I then noticed that the "Super Stable" was gone from my N3DS and panicked. I still think that this is the reason why it won't work anymore but I don't know. I thought about using the "Format System" since I couldn't get access to the Gateway Menu or anything related to that. And that didn't help....in fact I am afraid that made it worse. Because now I am stuck in the downgraded Settings (I learned that this was the case after I had used the format thing, sadly) and the Nintendo Profile exploit is completely gone.

I don't really know what to do. I read the manual and it told me to go here to ask for help. I am sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I have been Googling around and looking around this place and MaxConsole but I was unable to find any help. I have been playing on my N3DS for a few days and used the MSET_EUR thing and everything was fine and happy and colours and things! Then I replaced the Launcher.dat file that I have (which was 3.2.2) with the newest 3.3 and as soon as I tried to boot into it, it made the screen go black. I kept trying and trying and sometimes it would light up in all colours (the red card). Wel, I used the Zelda cartridge that I first used to see if I could boot into it but it just sent went black on the upper screen and white on the lower screen. I kept trying and trying. But it was the same!

Then I tried to update to an earlier version 3.2.2 and replace the Launcher.dat file again, with my old Nintendo 3DS, etc. Back and forth on both of them. But it didn't work.

I then noticed that the "Super Stable" was gone from my N3DS and panicked. I still think that this is the reason why it won't work anymore but I don't know. I thought about using the "Format System" since I couldn't get access to the Gateway Menu or anything related to that. And that didn't help....in fact I am afraid that made it worse. Because now I am stuck in the downgraded Settings (I learned that this was the case after I had used the format thing, sadly) and the Nintendo Profile exploit is completely gone.

I don't really know what to do. I read the manual and it told me to go here to ask for help. I am sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.
Super Stable 3D is gone from the settings because you downgraded System Settings for the MSET exploit. Did you update your N3DS's emuNAND? The N3DS can only support up to 9.5 emuNAND, so if you update past that, you will get the black screen problem. The downgraded system settings shouldn't have caused the black screen problem. If you want to restore the proper system settings anyway, use 3DNUS to download the correct system settings:
US: Title ID: 0004001000021000 Version: 8203
EU: Title ID: 0004001000022000 Version: 8202
JPN: Title ID: 0004001000020000 Version: 9224

Install it with the .cia installer of your choice.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Takanaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Stable 3D is gone from the settings because you downgraded System Settings for the MSET exploit. Did you update your N3DS's emuNAND? The N3DS can only support up to 9.5 emuNAND, so if you update past that, you will get the black screen problem. The downgraded system settings shouldn't have caused the black screen problem. If you want to restore the proper systems anyway, use 3DNUS to download the correct system settings:
US: Title ID: 0004001000021000 Version: 8203
EU: Title ID: 0004001000022000 Version: 8202
JPN: Title ID: 0004001000020000 Version: 9224

Install it with the .cia installer of your choice.

I haven't updated EmuNAND or SysNAND. The Super Stable is gone because I used the MSET exploit, yes. It was also working fine until I replaced the Launcher.dat (3.2.2) with the Launcher.dat (3.3). Not even the Zelda works for me. It just freezes with a white bottom screen and a black top screen.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't updated EmuNAND or SysNAND. The Super Stable is gone because I used the MSET exploit, yes. It was also working fine until I replaced the Launcher.dat (3.2.2) with the Launcher.dat (3.3). Not even the Zelda works for me. It just freezes with a white bottom screen and a black top screen.
Is it freezing on the exploit, or when Gateway mode is launching?

Takanaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it freezing on the exploit, or when Gateway mode is launching?
Uhm, it freezes when I press "A" after I have loaded the savedata. It tries to boot into the Gateway menu. But it worked before all this. I even used it a few times after I had installed the MSET without any issues.

Hey, uh...as much I don't want to hear the answer to what I am going to ask now, I have to...

......do you think that it's bricked?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhm, it freezes when I press "A" after I have loaded the savedata. It tries to boot into the Gateway menu. But it worked before all this. I even used it a few times after I had installed the MSET without any issues.

Hey, uh...as much I don't want to hear the answer to what I am going to ask now, I have to...

......do you think that it's bricked?
Definitely not fully-bricked and doesn't sound semi-bricked. Do you have the stuff you need to reinstall the Ocarina exploit? If you do, try that and see if it will boot the GW menu after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...