1. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    It's fine. Just update like any unmodified 2|3DS.

lone_wolf323 likes this.
  2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Its fine. just update luma to 10.1 before the update or you will have to otherwise. since you will get a black screen on boot.

3. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey y'all, I want to CFW my 3DS XL, but it looks rather long. Is there someone trustworthy here that does this as a service and is in the U.K.? I suppose I'd pay.

4. Freckles71

Freckles71 Member
    Newcomer

I'm thinking about getting the sky3DS card for my 3DS,what size of micro SD card would I need for it? Thanks.

5. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Note that you will not get much – if any – help on the forum asking for 3DS mode flashcarts as they are considered obsolete by most members (Those carts can do less than free custom firmware and are pretty expensive).

That said: Many 3DS games are between 512MB and 1GB. Some are way larger Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon almost reach the 4GB (largest carts available). It fully depends on how many and what games you want on a flashcart (or the internal SD of the 3DS in case of CFW). Some use 256GB or even larger (micro-)SDs. I would say this is overkill. 64GB are enough for all my games at once – including DS games via TWiLight Menu++ and "retro" ROMs for emulators.
    In the case of the Sky3DS+ there is some other problem: You switch between games with actual buttons which is tedious if you have A LOT OF games at a time.

Last hint: 3DS mode flashcarts will only play unmodified cartridge based ROMs from the same region if no CFW is installed.

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    The homebrewing procedure is fairly short if you follow a good guide such as this one if you are having a issue I am available to help as well as many others on the Temp

7. Freckles71

Freckles71 Member
    Newcomer

Thank you for the reply and for the help. I'm not sure if I want to buy one or go through other avenues. I don't know if my 3DS would be suitable as I did a softwear update a while back. I have ver 11.13.0-45E Not sure what I can use or not use?

8. vagab0nd94

vagab0nd94 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hello guys. My little sister was playing with my 3DS and she accidently pressed the Luma update app and everything got deleted. All my games and files are almost gone. This is the only thing left on my SD card: [​IMG]

I tried to do a NAND restore but it doesnt work. It says it cant find the file. I have no idea what to do anymore I searched the whole web. I hope someone can help me. Nand pic in attachement.

Attached Files:

9. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've commenced chatting with yousou (sorry if I misspelled his username) so all's good.

I've already made a list of games to download so it's going as planned.

P.S. The process of CFW doesn't look too hard, but I just want to be careful and let someone reliable do it for me instead.
    P.P.S. I should have bought a 3DS XL years ago!! I missed so many good games all these years! :P

10. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    Okay if you wanted I could walk you through the process

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you running Luma3ds CFW and can you access Godmode9 if so I may have a solution

vagab0nd94 likes this.
  11. vagab0nd94

vagab0nd94 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thanks I would really appreciate it. Yes I got luma, godmode, hourglass.

12. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    Okay great very sorry for the late reply I will do this this in stages rather than typing up a huge guide I noticed in your screenshot above you have a folder labeled Nintendo 3DS we shall see if this still contains any of your your titles follow these steps and write back the results

1: Boot Godemode9 and select the directory labeled [A:] SYSNAND SD

2: Now navigate to the directory labeled title do not enter this directory instead highlight it and press R+A

3: After pressing the button Comb R+A select the option search for titles from the bottom screen write me the results of this action and I will get back to you

vagab0nd94 and alexander1970 like this.
  13. vagab0nd94

vagab0nd94 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thats okay I appreciate your help and effort. I did what you said and this is what I get:

20200129_234211.jpg

14. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    This is not looking good one thing to try before anything else is to try recovery software it is a long shot but worth a try

vagab0nd94 likes this.
  15. Ender3Guy
    This message by Ender3Guy has been removed from public view by Flame, Jan 31, 2020, Reason: nope. we dont allow warez on any front on here..
    Jan 30, 2020 Show
  16. Ender3Guy

Ender3Guy Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm trying to record a challenge vid via NTR's SD card capture found here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntr-cfw-updates-add-video-capture-for-new-3ds.493075/
    I've renamed ntr.n3ds.bin to ntr_3_6.bin and replaced 3ds/BootNTRSelector/ntr_3_6.bin with it. However, whenever I attempt to record after enabling the feature, Luma throws an exception. I'm wondering if I need to be on Luma 9 for this to work?
    Alternately, does anyone know if a raspberry pi 3 would be able to handle recording a stream from NTR at consistent framerates?
    Any help here is appreciated.

Oops. Looks like I should have double-checked the rules before posting that last part. My apologies @Flame.

Flame likes this.
  17. TudorBlue

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hi Everyone, hope youre all ok. My daughter has got a Nintendo 3DS, Its already hacked, did a long while ago, Its on 11.12..0.44E. Id like to update it. Where do I start? The version its on has fbi and freeshop but not sure how far its out of date mod wise. Ant help with this will be very much appreciated so thanks in advance

18. vagab0nd94

vagab0nd94 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I got the nand backup working hehe thanks to someone here but I got another problem now

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I am stuck again haha. I am reinstalling everything following this guide;

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax)

I am at this step;

5. If you’ve never opened Nintendo 3DS Sound before and get tips on how to use it from a bird icon, go through all of the bird tips, then close the app normally and relaunch it

In this situation, launching Soundhax immediately would cause these tips to appear on every launch of the Nintendo 3DS Sound until this is done

6. Go to /SDCARD, then play “<3 nedwill 2016”

This may take many tries

If it freezes, just force the console to power off by holding the power button, then try again

-

When I press on the nedwill file I get this;

[​IMG]

I tried to disable arm11 exception handlers but when I then press the nedwill file again if freezes I have turned off my 3ds 20 times and pressed the file 20 times and it keeps freezing.

19. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I started out with a 16gb sdhc card thinking that would be enough when I modded my 3dsxl. It wasnt enough so I bought a Samsung 64gb EVO card and now i'm trying to move everything over but it isnt working.

I formatted it to fat32, 32kb and copied everything straight over from the old card. I also tried another tutorial that said to copy multiple different things from the old card but nothing seems to be working.

Am I missing something?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  20. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Which format program are you using? guiformat is a good one for higher gb cards.

21. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Minitool partition wizard free

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,