1. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    assuming they're both from the same console in the console has not been formatted sense then yes a simple copy paste should suffice if there was some sort of formatting or if it's from a different console than they will need to be some editing done . . . And by the way the hack doesn't actually live on your SD card it lives in your console but if you wanted to put the boot.firm there and install fbi on a second (your old) SD card that should also be possible (again I am assuming they're both from the same console)

2. Murph_the_2nd

Murph_the_2nd Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Aight, thanks. Seems to have worked, provisionally - at the very least, it hasn't crashed yet, haha. I guess I'll come back later if something does end up going wrong

3. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply regarding trying to convert .3ds files to .cia on my windows pc.

My next question is regarding nds games on 3ds. So now that I have my fully Luma softmodded 3ds running 3ds games no problem, what is my best option for running nds games on it? I have a plethora of .nds files ripped from carts I used to have in my nds lite days and i'd love to be able to play some of them on my 3ds.

I'm not averse to spending 20 bucks on a flash cart but where might such a device be found and is one type preferable over another?

Being that my 3ds is, as previously mentioned, fully softmodded is there a way to put .nds files on the sd card and run them from there?

All help very much appreciated, as always.

4. wormdood

United States
    here you go
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

Edit: also any old r4 card would be fine for nds roms but it is advised to buy a ntrboot compatible r4 as it can be used to recover if you brick your console

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  5. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awesome. Thanks again.

I still have an acekard 2.1 from my ds lite, a couple of google searches and it sounds like it will boot with the cfw I have but I may need a special launcher?

If so, which one? It might be nice to just use the acekard 2.1 as I already have the sd card set up and ready to go from before. It would also conserve space on my 3ds sd card.

6. wormdood

United States
    do you mean ak2i https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

If so that's perfect ... it should work with no special launcher needed and can not only be flashed with ntrboot but it's the only flashcard that can still be used for roms without needing to be flashed back

Edit: If you really mean acekard 2.1 then it's not ntrboot but you can use it ... https://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  7. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah mine is definitely a 2.1 and not a 2i. Still great that I can use it even if I need a launcher.

While i'm asking silly questions I thought I would throw out:

If I update the version of a game program will it have any I'll effects (such as bans or bricks) with my cfw?

What about downloading extra game content? Dragon Quest VIII has a button in the menu to 'Download Items' which would be cool if I could utilize that part of the game as well as other games with dlc.

8. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    Hey, my 3ds has been off for the past (at least) 2 years and i need to get all my pokemon from my pirated pokemon sun game to my switch, whats happened in this community over this whole timeframe and what do i need to do to my 3ds to get it fully up to speed? used to be pretty active in this community back then.

thanks

my 3ds is currently on A9LH and version 11.4.0-37U. what is the least I can do to get all my pokemon off an old pokemon sun game on here? I'd rather not have to move to B9S unless necessary, i don't plan on using my 3ds after this is done, and don't want to rehack and do a ton of stuff just to send my pokemon on a pirated pokemon sun game to the pokemon bank unless absolutely necessary

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  9. wormdood

United States
    your fine on both

10. SkyDX

SkyDX Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)

Germany
    Is there any FTP Homebrew that can be installed as a cia? Or any other wireless SD transfer that doesn't rely on the old SMB protocol?

11. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Yes, there are alternatives to the SMB based file transfer:
    https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd ←"Just" an FTP server
    https://github.com/joel16/3DShell ← Filemanager that also has an FTP server

Sometimes it worked right away for me with Filezilla, sometimes I had to start the FTP server multiple times. Don't know what causes this… but unlike the SMB based transfer¹ it worked for me.

Nice list of homebrew with QR codes for easy installing:
    https://tinydb.eiphax.tech/

Good luck and have fun!

alexander1970 and SkyDX like this.
  12. SkyDX

Germany
    Thank you, I'll look into these! Yeah the shutdown of SMBv1 made things annoying :/

13. Grimm

Grimm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I play Dragon Quest X on my PS4 and would like to try the 3ds version.

Seeing as how I can't buy a cart for it (the box just comes with a download code), can't access the JP eshop to download it on my US 3ds and I can't seem to find a .3ds or .cia of it anywhere in the dark alleys of the internet, does anyone have any other ideas on how I might be able to get this set up?

14. SkyDX

Germany
    Are there any DSi custom-themes for TWILight Menu++? I couldn't find any anywhere.

15. Diag

Diag GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    hi, didnt use my n3ds a while and wanted to start with a fresh setup..

i used gateway and atm i´m on sysnand 9.0 and emunand 11.0 with a9lh.. now i want to switch to luma3ds with a new bigger micro sd..

can i just use the new micro sd and follow the tut on 3ds.hacks the soundhax way? or do i need to do something about a9lh first (and/or use the a9lh to b9s instructions there?)

sadly i forgot a lot of stuff, and trying to get back into it, but i´m not sure which is the safest way^^

thx

16. wormdood

United States
    for your answer I will quote you as ... it's the correct answer

Diag likes this.
  17. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    bump? really trying to get all my pokemon off sun and into home

18. TurdPooCharger

United States
    alexander1970 likes this.
  19. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

United States
    how necessary is the switch to b9s? can you still do everything you need to on A9LH with the latest A9LH working version of luma on it? as i mentioned, i want to do as little as possible. this 3ds will likely not be used again after this. also whats the deal if i need to update an illicit version of the game? do i need to obtain the update file and install it manually?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  20. Gustavk

Gustavk Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Hi

I am on Luma 9.1 and Firmware 11.8.0-41E - Every time I turn on the system I get a message wanting to update. Is this safe to accept? Even if it is official firmware.

Thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,