Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If anybody wants to read all the dialogs of normal, affinity, etc missions, I dun recommend changing the font.
If dun care about reading story then for menus it does make reading them easier with little overlap issues.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you give a changelog, or a "what's patched" ?
or a quick guide

v2 adds fonts patching?
Oh, no, I just fixed a few bugs that broke the bat-choice thing on slower PCs because I used timing in that version, but it now checks if everything extracted correctly before running the bat. I haven't added fonts yet because of the overlap issues elusivo noticed, but if you want, I can do that in the next version.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, so it's better to keep only v2 on first post if v1 has an issue.

abot the font, it's just because you said "I'll add it in the next version" so I supposed you did it.
If you add it, maybe make it optional so users can choose if they want only the voices or text or both.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing an absolutely wonderful job restoring this game to what it should be.
I'd join the fun if only i could put my hands on an exploitable USA wiiu xD
Anyway, what is missing currently is the correct jpn lipsync and some spoken dialog that is still in english, correct?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ye, and proper bigger fonts that would fit correctly in the boxes and stuff would be nice.
I haven't encountered the english parts yet while playing, but iirc there's around 16 english dialogs that dun exist in the jpn game.
There are dozens of dialogs in the japanese game that didn't make it into the english game tho, i can only guess the reason for the difference, maybe they just have longer dialogs for the same missions we have but it could also be that they have more missions than us or something...

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Ye, and proper bigger fonts that would fit correctly in the boxes and stuff would be nice.
I haven't encountered the english parts yet while playing, but iirc there's around 16 english dialogs that dun exist in the jpn game.
There are dozens of dialogs in the japanese game that didn't make it into the english game tho, i can only guess the reason for the difference, maybe they just have longer dialogs for the same missions we have but it could also be that they have more missions than us or something...

Please remember that JPN ver. Is not have all dlc, and western ver. is have all dlc in disc.

Reactions: cearp

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oh right nice memory, I din remember that at all, have to check what the dlcs are about, are the jpn dlcs actual extra content or just to unlock what's already in the disc?
If it is extra content then with luck we may find those missing jpn audio in the dlcs [emoji190] (we can get the dlcs and extract them with nus right?) anyway that would mean jpn game has even more audio files than the extra ones in the disc already in comparison to the english game huh [emoji53]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to edit the fonts files, but managed only to get garbled fonts :P
I found only the font's letter size, the one which define the nbr of pixel I think. that's not the size/ratio displayed in game.

their word warp is really strange, it cut the word in half instead of moving the entire word on the next line.
looks like the line feed are also hardcoded instead of using word wrapping. The translators might had hard time translating and manually formating their text to fit all menus.
developers didn't make it easy for the translators.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh ye, we have to buy dlc, so obviously they have their own key :/ but if somebody did buy the dlc they can dump it no?

@Cyan So they were probly just lazy and might have gone the easy route of a smaller font to fit everything instead of having the work of formatting text lines or even reworking/extending the menu boxes and text lines and such to accommodate the larger font huh ...

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to change boob size in 5.3.2?

I told it a few people already, so I'm just gonna paste it here again:
Go to the GDN search tab, set the memory range to 10 10000000 - 30000000(20000000 could work, but I'm not sure), go the character select screen and select the size slider(make sure to have female selected). Then you can do a search for a unknown value(this can take a little while). Then, you decrease the size, set gecko to search for "less than". After that, you increase the size, and search for "greater than". Do that till you only have about 30 values left, and poke random ones to check. Format is: XXYY????
XX=Body size(00-64)
YY=Breast size(00-64)
??=Can change

We should probably put this into the first post :P

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Interesting.. I just noticed I can't seem to save with EUR and/or undub versions of the game and I have updates installed here. With Japanese version it works out of the box just fine, any idea what's going on?

EDIT1. I deleted both "c" and "u" folders and now it seems to work...

Last edited by Shinryuuken,

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so yeah, font size editing doesnt work at all for me...
i repacked with default values -> no boot
i repacked with align 2048 and mask directories -> no boot

menu.cpk repacked is 170mb and original 167mb, due to the copied normal.fnt being 2,67mb and not 200kb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o