ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried editing Fiora's Fortitude skill so that it had 4,900 recorded steps, but when I saved my changes and loaded up the save file after importing, her skills just flashed as if I had just unlocked her, and the first Fortitude skill STILL says I have reached 0 steps. Is there something about Shulk, Fiora, and Elma's skills that need additional flag changes? The edits I made to Poppi QTpi and KOS-MOS were accepted, so I don't understand what the problem is.

For reference, I started a new save file after beating the game, but the game had the NG+ medal so I figured I could use the save editor to give myself Shulk, Fiora, and Elma after getting to Torigoth.

Last edited by DerpMan,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my sd card is Exfat too and injecting the modded common.bdat file into b2f.ard works
Late reply, but my card is FAT32...I can't copy my 10.2GB file across. Trying again now with the split files; let's see if that works.

EDIT: nooooope. Black screen. Damnit.

I tried editing Fiora's Fortitude skill so that it had 4,900 recorded steps, but when I saved my changes and loaded up the save file after importing, her skills just flashed as if I had just unlocked her, and the first Fortitude skill STILL says I have reached 0 steps. Is there something about Shulk, Fiora, and Elma's skills that need additional flag changes? The edits I made to Poppi QTpi and KOS-MOS were accepted, so I don't understand what the problem is.

For reference, I started a new save file after beating the game, but the game had the NG+ medal so I figured I could use the save editor to give myself Shulk, Fiora, and Elma after getting to Torigoth.
The same thing occurs if I give myself T-elos before the postgame; there must be some kind of flag somewhere that governs this...
As for Shulk, Fiora and Elma, they also require the Alrest Linkring and Alrest Link Relay in order to remain outside of the Land of Challenge; try giving those Key Items to yourself, maybe. Personally, I activated the initial LoC cutscene (which adds Shulk and Fiora to the party, but only in the LoC), went out, gave myself the Alrest Linkring, then went back into the LoC and left again - and those two remained with me. You should be able to just "Enable" them, though...

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Late reply, but my card is FAT32...I can't copy my 10.2GB file across. Trying again now with the split files; let's see if that works.

damn sorry to hear i've been modding the game for two weeks now and man its fun
why not put only XC2 on another exfat sd card its definitely worth it
i made Pyra Beast and edited pouch items and what not + this editor and WOW
its a different game now very fun starting new game

EDIT: btw theres no other way to mod the game cause common.bdat cannot be read outside bf2.ard
so if you want to use Fat32 you need to recompile the game and reinstall i tried but every program gives
me errors so i just left it had other things to do i will look into it again but when i'm ready with a full mod that
i want to post

Last edited by LyuboA,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
damn sorry to hear i've been modding the game for two weeks now and man its fun
why not put only XC2 on another exfat sd card its definitely worth it
i made Pyra Beast and edited pouch items and what not + this editor and WOW
its a different game now very fun starting new game

EDIT: btw theres no other way to mod the game cause common.bdat cannot be read outside bf2.ard
so if you want to use Fat32 you need to recompile the game and reinstall i tried but every program gives
me errors so i just left it had other things to do i will look into it again but when i'm ready with a full mod that
i want to post
Yo.
Do you, er, remember how to use quickbms_4gb_files.exe? Because I just dumped the game again, this time with the newest update, and I don't remember how I got it to work six months ago...it's the only thing I didn't add to my list of instructions.

I know to select Xenoblade2ard.bms, then bf2.arh, but then it asks for "select output folder where extracting files"...which is poor English, the pop-up window seems to be asking for a file instead of a folder (the bottom of the window asks for a "File name", and selecting a file copies its name to this field but selecting a folder doesn't), and when I try to select a folder it just throws an error.

Capture.jpg

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yo.
Do you, er, remember how to use quickbms_4gb_files.exe? Because I just dumped the game again, this time with the newest update, and I don't remember how I got it to work six months ago...it's the only thing I didn't add to my list of instructions.

I know to select Xenoblade2ard.bms, then bf2.arh, but then it asks for "select output folder where extracting files"...which is poor English, the pop-up window seems to be asking for a file instead of a folder (the bottom of the window asks for a "File name", and selecting a file copies its name to this field but selecting a folder doesn't), and when I try to select a folder it just throws an error.

you open the quickbms_4gb_files.exe select Xenoblade2ard.bms then select bf2.arh and pop up windows shows that says
"enter in the output folder and press Save" you do that and its start extracting
i just did it and it works just fine mine is also a romfs dump with last update
why not try to extract the files into a different folder

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by LyuboA,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The same thing occurs if I give myself T-elos before the postgame; there must be some kind of flag somewhere that governs this...
As for Shulk, Fiora and Elma, they also require the Alrest Linkring and Alrest Link Relay in order to remain outside of the Land of Challenge; try giving those Key Items to yourself, maybe. Personally, I activated the initial LoC cutscene (which adds Shulk and Fiora to the party, but only in the LoC), went out, gave myself the Alrest Linkring, then went back into the LoC and left again - and those two remained with me. You should be able to just "Enable" them, though...

I had given my self the Linkring and Link Relay first, BEFORE adding Shulk and co. to my team. I've now noticed that Shulk, Fiora, and Dromarch all have skills that aren't progressing despite me working on those conditions - specifically collecting Mechanical parts and walking.

How do you just enable skills, without fulfilling their requirements?

DanBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to edit my save to be able to restart NG+? I'm on like chapter 8 NG+ but haven't played for like 2 years and I wanna just restart it. I've tried editing the clear data save, collect new flag version, and game clear count variables but it either crashes my game or does nothing. Game version is 2.1.0

ericwasright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to unlock all the blade intros from the options screen? I added the blades themselves to the team, but I noticed they're intros weren't in the events section.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
in case someone dosnt know you can copy - recreate Rare Blades with what ever stats only with this editor no need of modding the game
Brighid 2.0.jpg

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to turn a fresh save into NG+ so you can enjoy a fresh run but with the NG+ Benefits without having to release all your blades from your normal save? Or is the best I can do is release all my blades then set Rex's level back to 1 using this instead of the Inn?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is it possible to turn a fresh save into NG+ so you can enjoy a fresh run but with the NG+ Benefits without having to release all your blades from your normal save? Or is the best I can do is release all my blades then set Rex's level back to 1 using this instead of the Inn?

Best to get NG+ save and mod it cause then you'll have all NG+ perks i dont think you can Unlock everything on normal save
thats what i did just a week ago Rex to level 1 removed all blades and playing the game from the very start with my recreated Brighid blade she acts and looks exactly like Brighid
you dont have to release your blades just disable them in the save editor

Last edited by LyuboA,

GalarianCorsola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I don't know if this is the right place to ask but when I try using quickbms4gfiles, I get the error
- error in src\file.c line 487: fdnum_open()
Error: Permission denied
Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
8 open FDSE "bf2.ard" 1. I used Xenoblade2ard.bms as the script, then selected bf2.arh, and chose a output folder. Does anyone know how to fix this.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi I don't know if this is the right place to ask but when I try using quickbms4gfiles, I get the error
- error in src\file.c line 487: fdnum_open()
Error: Permission denied
Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
8 open FDSE "bf2.ard" 1. I used Xenoblade2ard.bms as the script, then selected bf2.arh, and chose a output folder. Does anyone know how to fix this.

to make sure your extracted game files are not corrupted you can extract them again

if you want to mod the game i can give you a link to common.dat file from last version 2.1.0 its all you need for modding then you just have to import it back into bf2.ard

Last edited by LyuboA,

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
in case someone dosnt know you can copy - recreate Rare Blades with what ever stats only with this editor no need of modding the game
View attachment 247263

how do you copy the rare blades' looks. I thought rare blades stats can be copied on a regular blade but this is the first time i lerned you can have multiple the-same looking blades.

GalarianCorsola

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to make sure your extracted game files are not corrupted you can extract them again

if you want to mod the game i can give you a link to common.dat file from last version 2.1.0 its all you need for modding then you just have to import it back into bf2.ard
I redumped them and tried again still got the same error. if you could send the link that'd be great

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
how do you copy the rare blades' looks. I thought rare blades stats can be copied on a regular blade but this is the first time i lerned you can have multiple the-same looking blades.

you need to copy everything in Resource Data and Other tabs too doing it this way you get the full Rare Blade the Only thing that will be missing is when you sit still the blade does its own postures for that you need to mod the game and the save file i manage to do that for Brighid by coverting Akhos into her but even without that she will talk to you with her voice and everthing in battle too

I redumped them and tried again still got the same error. if you could send the link that'd be great

check your dm

Last edited by LyuboA,

zorca13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel stupid having to ask, but is there a tutorial anywhere of some kind for how to edit the affinity chart in this editor? I’ve looked at it but I don’t quite understand how it works and don’t want to mess with it and end up screwing up my game...

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to increase the value of SP and WP gained each time? I couldn't find a place for that in the save editor nor any cheat codes that do that, only for experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission