Questions regarding game saved data managment (CFW <--> OFW)

ATEMVEGETA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello! I own 2 Nintendo Switches with official filmware (not modded). I would like to have the option to backup my game saved data from both consoles to my PC. To do so I found out that the only way is to have a modded Switch (with CFW) and the're no other "legit" way. I am fond of modding one of my switches (or buy a new Modded one) for that reason but I was warned that there's a possibility for getting a console ban by Nintendo if they notice some suspision actions on the console. Before I take any decisions and procced with modding my Nintendo Switch I would like your help in understanding the ban possibilities and how far I can go with CFW <--> OFW data managment.

Right now the only saved data managment I am doing is just transfering the saved game's data (for the same account) from one Switch to the other using the Transfer Your Save Data feature.
Here's a list with the benefits I would like to get from CFW:

1. Be able to get somehow a Save file from Switch's (either one) OFW and keep a copy of it in my PC. So if I do any mistake in-game and want to revert back to a previous state, then load that Save file from the PC and continue the game's story with a different path/decision/etc. Not involving online changes though. Like moving a Pokemon to HOME, then revert the Save back to get a second clone of the Pokemon. Just normal offline gameplay back reverting.

2. Be able to play my Save file to a Switch Emulator (Suyu, etc) and have the option to move it back to Switch and continue playing there.

3. Move a Save file that was generated in the Switch Emulator to Switch and play it there. Use afterwards online features with that Save like HOME, events, online trading, etc. So I can have the option to generate multiple Saves for the same game and not be limited to only 2 (coz of only 2 consoles).

How "dangerous" are these actions of being noticed by Nintendo and ban my consoles? Is there a safe was to do (most of) those things and don't be afraid of getting banned? Is the non-modded Switch on the same danger as the modded one to be banned? If not, what if I get a new modded Switch that I NEVER go online with this and use it only for moving the Saves from PC to OFW and then move those saves to the other Switches using the "Transfer Your Save Data" feature?

Reactions: Rahffjkkjcxx
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You just might be the first one, well whatever you do and whatever the outcome is; document it. Piracy goes a long way. Who knows people 20 years from now will look at these forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ