Aquiles367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello !
I wanted to know if there is a way to import my Zelda TOTK save files to randomize it in my PC ?
I don't really want to install an Homebrew on my Switch because I don't want to take the risk of getting banned (want to play Smash Ultimate online and stuff)

I read that backing up the NAND could transfer the save data, but can that backup be restored with (Yuzu played) new save data?
Is doing that safe?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
I wanted to know if there is a way to import my Zelda TOTK save files to randomize it in my PC ?
I don't really want to install an Homebrew on my Switch because I don't want to take the risk of getting banned (want to play Smash Ultimate online and stuff)

I read that backing up the NAND could transfer the save data, but can that backup be restored with (Yuzu played) new save data?
Is doing that safe?
But how will you backup the Nand, if you don't want to install any homebrew on the Switch? They do sell Nand readers, but they only work on V1,V2 models. (Not OLED, or Lite) You would also have to take apart the Switch and remove the Nand board from the Switch to use the reader.

Aquiles367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
But how will you backup the Nand, if you don't want to install any homebrew on the Switch? They do sell Nand readers, but they only work on V1,V2 models. (Not OLED, or Lite) You would also have to take apart the Switch and remove the Nand board from the Switch to use the reader.
I have V1, I want to put it in RCM mode and make a backup with hetake without installing homebrew,
Play zelda in yuzu and then put that save data in the backup and restore it to the switch.
The question is, its safe?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have V1, I want to put it in RCM mode and make a backup with hetake without installing homebrew,
Play zelda in yuzu and then put that save data in the backup and restore it to the switch.
Probably not, but only Nintendy knows the real answer. You will have a higher chance of getting banned if you go online after restoring an altered Save back to the Switch from the PC.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Aquiles367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Probably not, but only Nintendy knows the real answer. You will have a higher chance of getting banned if you go online after restoring an altered Save back to the Switch from the PC.
And only make the backup to transfer the data saved from switch-->pc??
Without restoring the backup. This is safe?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And only make the backup to transfer the data saved from switch-->pc??
Without restoring the backup. This is safe?
If you mean using your Save from the Switch on Yuzu, then yea that's ok because Yuzu does not have online capibilites, and the Save on your Switch will be unaltered.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can use tegraexplorer to pull the save if you don't want to touch the nand with homebrew

Reactions: BigOnYa

Aquiles367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you mean using your Save from the Switch on Yuzu, then yea that's ok because Yuzu does not have online capibilites, and the Save on your Switch will be unaltered.
Ok, then I think that is what I will do, as far as I know that by accessing in RCM mode and making a backup copy of the Nand I do not run any type of risk.

Now the difficulty will be in finding the Zelda save data among all the backup files.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aquiles367

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can use tegraexplorer to pull the save if you don't want to touch the nand with homebrew
Save data from legitimate games can't be copied with homebrew, right? (I'm not too sure about this)

Anyway, I don't want to put CFW on my switch
Post automatically merged:

I'd do as @Hayato213 pointed out above. Use tegraexplorer.
Isn't there any kind of risk?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: sith and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users