ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to yet another FE: Fates Mod! CFW is not needed anymore, but is recommended. This mod adds in 22 new units to the game, some are bosses or npcs, while others are characters from FE: Awakening. Here is a video that shows off v2:

Installation Tutorials:
If you have a CFW, keep reading. If not (you would know that you have one), skip down to where it says "No CFW Needed Instructions"
CFW Instructions:
Zip attached to this post, CFW (Duh), BigBlueMenu or the Latest FBI, JK's Save Manager (optional)
1. Download the zip file and extract the .cia for your region (NA, JPN, and EUR included).
2. Copy it to your sd card.
3. Start your cia installer.
4. If you are using BigBlueMenu, uninstall any Fates dlc you might have installed. If using latest FBI, skip this step.
5. Ignore this step if you have never used my mod before. If you are updating my mod from v1, delete Fate's extra data from the official System Settings App. This will delete any midbattle saves you have, as well as any saves you have in the extra slots. To keep these, make an extra data backup with JK's Save Manager. Open the folder with the dump in it, and delete all the files that start with g_. Open JK's save manager again and restore the backup.
mrg_0015.jpg

6. Install the .cia from step 1.
7. Start Fates.
8. Load a save file that you want the characters to be in.
8.5 If updating from v1, the game will say that it can't find dlc and will delete parts of your save file. Don't panic. Just hit yes, pay attention to the next few steps and don't save until I say to, and your save won't be damaged.
9. Go to the Dragon's Gate.
10. There should be 1 dlc map available. Click on it to start it.
mrg_0017.jpg

11. The screen should now look like this:
mrg_0018.jpg

12. Wait on the above screen. Running this dlc the first time can take 2 minutes or more. After the long wait this dialogue box should pop up:
mrg_0019.jpg

13. Press A. The dialogue box in the above picture will come up about six times, this is not a bug. Just the result of having so many characters in one mod.
13.5 If you are updating from a previous version, ignore if this is your first time using this mod: When the game prompts you to save, press B then hit "Yes" when it asks you to proceed without saving. Now hold L+R+SELECT at the same time to soft reset. Boot your save and run the dlc entry again. After running it the second time you can save.
mrg_0020.jpg
mrg_0021.jpg

14. Enjoy! Run the dlc entry again on any other saves that you want to add the characters to.

No CFW Needed Instructions:
What you need: A 3ds on any firmware version and region, FE: Fates (doesn't matter what version), a homebrew entrypoint, and JK's Save Manager
1. Download the zip attached to this post.
2. If you don't have homebrew set up yet, follow this guide to do so: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
3. Download and install this homebrew: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
4. Open the homebrew menu and launch JK's Save Manager.
5. Find your copy of Fire Emblem Fates in the menu that pops up. After selecting it and the save manager loads, select "Extra data options" then "Export". Name the output folder "Release".
6. After it completes, turn off your system, eject the sd card, and put it in your computer (or use microSD management/ftp if you want)
7. Open the "Release" folder on your sd card. Delete any file that begin with g_
8. Open the zip file from this post and navigate to the "Release" folder in the "Non-CFW" folder.
9. Merge the "Release" folder from the zip with the folder on your sd card by copying it to the same location as the "Release" folder on your sd card.
10. Put the sd card back in your 3ds and turn it on (or quit microSD management/ftp)
11. Get to the homebrew menu and launch JK's Save Manager.
12. Navigate to your copy of Fates again.
13. This time, go to Extra Data options and select "Import".
14. Select the backup named "Release" and import it.
15. Wait. This can take some time, so be patient.
16. Congrats! We're almost done. For the next part, you can either get the units by beating my castle (Address is 02149-33009-41650-34669) or moving on to step 17.
17. Download and extract the .exe for this application: https://gbatemp.net/threads/feftwiddler-fire-emblem-fates-save-editor.422439/
18. Extract the "Unit Files" folder from the zip on this post.
19. Dump your save with JK's Save Manager.
20. Open the save with FEFTwiddler (the program from step 17).
21. Go to the unit tab and click the button in the bottom righthand corner labeled "Import Unit".
22. Select any of the .fef14 files to import.
23. Import as many of the units as you wish, then save the changes.
24. Import your save.
25. Profit.

Character IDs, Reclass Sets, Class IDs, etc.:
Zola ID 0x1006 Reclass Set: Outlaw/Troubadour
Kilma ID 0x1106 Reclass Set: Diviner/Troubadour
Iago ID 0x1506 Reclass Set: Outlaw/Troubadour
Hans ID 0x1206 Reclass Set: Cavalier/Mercenary
??? ID 0x1906 Reclass Set: Spear Fighter/Sky Knight
Garon (Dragon) ID 0x1606 Reclass Set: Wyvern Rider/Dark Mage
Garon (Vessel) ID 0x1706 Reclass Set: Wyvern Rider/Dark Mage
Anankos ID 0x1806 Reclass Set: Wyvern Rider/Blight Dragon
Kotaro ID 0x1306 Reclass Set: Samurai/Oni Savage
Omozu ID 0x1406 Reclass Set: Samurai/Oni Savage
Cordelia ID 0x2106 Reclass Set: Mercenary/Dark Mage
Pegasus Knight Class (Cordelia) ID 0x93
Tharja ID 0x127 Reclass Set: General/Archer
Gaius ID 0x125 Reclass set: Samurai/Ninja
Thief Class (Gaius) ID 0x94
Owain ID 0x1D06 Reclass Set: Samurai/Dark Mage
Myrmidion Class (Owain) ID 0x90
Severa ID 0x1C06 Reclass Set: Mercenary (the normal one)/Sky Knight
Mercenary Class (Severa) ID 0x92
Inigo ID 0x1E06 Reclass Set: Ninja/Mercenary (the normal one)
Mercenary Class (Inigo) ID 0x91
Human Anankos ID 0x1F06 Reclass Set: Blight Dragon/Grandmaster
Shadow Human Anankos ID 0x7A1D Reclass Set: Dark Mage/Troubadour
Silent Dragon Class (Human Anankos) ID 0x89
Anthony ID 0x2006 Reclass Set: Spear Figher/Faceless
Azura (HoF) ID 0x0202 Reclass Set: Sky Knight
Jake ID 0x2206 Reclass Set: Fighter/Outlaw
Arete ID 0x1B06 Reclass Set: Dark Mage/Songstress

My Castle Address: 02149-33009-41650-34669

Screenshots:
mrg_0009.jpg
mrg_0010.jpg
mrg_0011.jpg
mrg_0012.jpg
mrg_0013.jpg
mrg_0016.jpg
mrg_0017.jpg
mrg_0018.jpg
mrg_0019.jpg
mrg_0022.jpg
mrg_0023.jpg

Credits:
@EmblemCrossing for his wonderful work on dialogue writing for the characters.
@Harvest God for his help with making Human Anankos' model work.
@A-1 Pictures for donating his HoF Azura to the project.
@DeathChaos25 for.... a lot. Includes, but not limited to; donating characters for addition, help with bugs, help with features, etc. This project wouldn't have been possible without him.
@SciresM for his wonderful programs called FEAT and FEITS
@RainThunder for his documentation of Fates' structure.
If I forgot to put your name on this list and you contributed, please let me know. Also, thanks to all of you for supporting this project. I'm not sure that I'd have gotten this far without your support.

Original Post:
*NEW* EUR version added. Credit to minares1998 for porting it. Completely untested ATM, please report any bugs if you use it.

I've been holding this project back for a few days now, but I've no reason to hold back any longer. Here is my first project:
Playable Bosses!
Here's a video of the units in action.

The pack includes:
Zola (ID 0x1006)
Kilma (ID 0x1106)
Iago (ID 0x1506)
Hans (ID 0x1206)
??? (ID 0x1906)
Garon (Dragon) (ID 0x1606)
Garon (Vessel) (ID 0x1706)
Anankos (ID 0x1806)
Kotaro (ID 0x1306)
Omozu (ID 0x1406)

I've also included my version of these units as exported .fe14unit files for use with FEFTwiddler. For the lazy people who don't feel like grinding their units. I feel your pain. To install just place the cia on your sd card and install it with BBM, FBI, Devmenu, or whatever other cia installer you have. @RainThunder, if you want to include these in your packs on a certain website, go ahead. Thanks to @DeathChaos25 for all of your help, even though you were busy. Thanks also to RainThunder for all of the info you've posted on Fates. Also, if any of you want to write up character text (Death qoutes, Retreat quotes, My Castle quotes, etc) for the characters I can try to incorporate the text in a romhack form. Please leave improvement suggestions/bugfixes so I can improve these. And if there are any bosses (not the capture ones) that myself and Deathchaos haven't ported yet, let me know! Please credit me if you use these and do not make video reviews/highlights/tutorials of my work without asking me first.

If you notice any bugs at all, or you think my guide needs some improvements, please let me know. Also, don't forget to ask me before showcasing this mod in ANY MEDIA. This includes Youtube, Dailymotion, or any other video sharing site. If I say yes, please credit me with a link to either my video or this thread.
Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1G4kJdCJB5cU3dLdXhlZkFyXzA

Extra Data for both my DLC and Deathchaos's
Edit: Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yer54wr9etjs1f/shared custom DLC extdata.rar?dl=0

@Omegablu, @DeathChaos25, If you want to throw this in your OPs it might save ya a lot of questions ;o

Attachments

• mrg_0008.jpg
    mrg_0008.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,097
Last edited by Omegablu,

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Human Lilith was actually in the game files and it was connected to another Lilith ID. DeathChaos could make the Human Anakos, it's just that I haven't seen any head model, but a body model. It may be somewhere else, but it really depends if DeathChaos has the time
hbvs1jc.png

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How many units exactly does your DLC have?

If you look at my latest version, I joined them all because I used a Dispos file which allowed me to fit together a lot of units into a single DLC, you could do the same with yours and then you could give them weapons, all you'd need to do is grab the script from mine (I made that one myself actually, although I'm still not to great on script editing), which instead of giving a single unit it loads the Dispos file, then within the Dispos file they were given a spawn flag of 40 17 and the location was set to FF FF FF FF, what this does is, instead of spawning these units, it just forces them into your party.

Human Lilith was actually in the game files and it was connected to another Lilith ID. DeathChaos could make the Human Anakos, it's just that I haven't seen any head model, but a body model. It may be somewhere else, but it really depends if DeathChaos has the time
hbvs1jc.png
I actually finished this College semester and am now enjoying my free summer time before next semester starts in August, and I'm basically almost finished with the Revelation Unit Buff patch and just need testing done to ensure nothing breaks.

That said, finding the model won't really get us anywhere if we can't find an AID, Human Lilith already had an AID because she appears in some cutscenes on chapters 1-3 I believe, so unless we can find an AID for Human Anankos we can't really accomplish anything, we COULD make an AID for him, but we'd still need to find his Head Model+Textures and his Hair+Textures and then Figure out if he has a Voice ID assigned or not.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Human Anakos uses a head model from the game. His other stuff is in the DLC but he wouldn't have voices/head map sprites like human Lilith.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at my latest version, I joined them all because I used a Dispos file which allowed me to fit together a lot of units into a single DLC, you could do the same with yours and then you could give them weapons, all you'd need to do is grab the script from mine (I made that one myself actually, although I'm still not to great on script editing), which instead of giving a single unit it loads the Dispos file, then within the Dispos file they were given a spawn flag of 40 17 and the location was set to FF FF FF FF, what this does is, instead of spawning these units, it just forces them into your party.
Could you send me (probably by pm) some more info on dispos file editing? I'd like to be a little more knowledgeable before attempting to use it.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Could you send me (probably by pm) some more info on dispos file editing? I'd like to be a little more knowledgeable before attempting to use it.
I can just post the notes here.

The header data is the usual stuff for the bin files.

At 0x20, there are a few blocks that tell the game which blocks belong to which team label, these blocks are 0xC in size.
First 4 bytes are a pointer to the team label, for example, the very first block at 0x20 will always start with a pointer to "Player".
Next 4 bytes are a pointer to where the Dispos blocks for this team label start, each block is 0x8C in size
Next 4 bytes tell the game how many blocks to read starting from the starting location specified in the previous 4 bytes, all of these will belong to this team

For the Dispos blocks themselves, here's the Mapping;
hM0CC6U.png

Within the blocks, the following things need to have pointers in the pointers table;
Start of block;
Every IID label pointer must have a pointer too;
All 4 AI Type labels must also have pointers.

If you make a simple block, a character with a single weapon, that would be 6 pointers, pointer to where the block starts (1), pointer to the characters IID label pointer (2) and all 4 AI Type label pointers (2+4=6).

A few things, all AI labels must be separated by 4 empty bytes of 00s, and even if you don't assign any flags to the weapons, you still need to have 4 bytes between each IID, because 00 00 00 00 is still a valid flag value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1