Quick bugfix for XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy
Changes in Release 6.1:

Release 6.1
XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy v1.5.1
Fixed loading of pre-v1.5.0 save files
- BUGFIX: Loading of older pre-v1.5.0 save files was broken

Hello once again GBATemp!
And Hello Switch Section!

Here is a little something I have been working on for a while now... A fully-fledged Save Editor package for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Torna The Golden Country!
This app can be used to edit just about anything within the save files, to whatever values you want, even values that would not be normally obtainable via normal gameplay.

Here is the README:
XC2SaveNETThingy
A Windows PC Save Editor package for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + XC2 Torna The Golden Country Expansion

**WARNING! BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILES BEFORE MODIFYING THEM!**

XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy - For Xenoblade 2 base game
This app can edit just about every byte of data in a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save File.

XC2IraSaveNETThingy - For XC2 Torna The Golden Country Expansion
This app can change a lot of data in a XC2 Torna The Golden Country Save File.

These include changing data to values that could not normally be obtained via regular gameplay.

Links:
Gitlab Repo - https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy

How to use:

0. Ensure you have Windows computer and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 installed.
This is a Windows app running on the .NET Framework, so you require a modern Windows system, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 installed on your system.
Running under other environments under things like wine/mono have not been tested.

1. Extract/Obtain your save file.
First you must obtain your save file in some way, and get it from your Switch to your PC. A good way to do this is to use the Checkpoint Save Manager Switch Homebrew App, or something similar.

2. BACK IT UP!
Beefore going any further, be sure to make a backup copy of your extracted save file, and store it in a safe place. This is just in case you change some data to values that the game itself does not like.

3. Load it into the app.
Start the app, then click the "Load Save File..." button to select and load your save file ("bf2savefile.sav" for base game save file, "irasavefile.sav" for Torna Expansion save file), and the file should be loaded into the program, provided there are no issues with it.

4. Edit stuff!
Edit whatever fields you want! Keep in mind that the game may react strangely after loading in save data with values that are not obtainable via normal gameplay.
(Not that it should stop you from trying and experimenting, let's see how far the game can be pushed! :P)

5. Save your edited file.
After you are done editing, click the "Save File As..." button to save your save data to a file. For the game to recognize it, the file needs to be called "bf2savefile.sav" for base game saves, or "irasavefile.sav" for Torna Expansion saves.

6. Restore the save file to the console.
After that, you must restore it back to your Switch console. Again, this can be done with the Checkpoint Save Manager Switch Homebrew App, or something similar.

7. Load up the game and check thing out/see what happens.
Finally, load up the game and your save, and enjoy your changes/see your data altering experiments!

NOTES:
1. The game can behave strangely in reaction to certain changes that are not normally possible in regular gameplay. The game could do a few different things in such a situation:
* The game may be perfectly happy with your changes and run fine, changes and all
* The game may refuse your changes and reset them back to what they were supposed to be, as if your edit was never done.
* The game may try to run with your changes, only to not be programmed to handle your alterations and crash instead.
* Remember, just because you have the power to alter the save data to whatever you want, does NOT mean that the game itself will be happy with everything you try to do!

2. There has been limited testing done on the results of save editing on the game's side of things. While some testing has been done to ensure that the editor does in fact modify the correct part of the save for each field in the app, since there are no "safety gloves" or "hand holding" regarding what data values are allowed or not, the alterations that this app can make have not necessarily been tested in-game, and thus, it is not yet known exactly how the game will react to modifying every single field that is editable, especially if modified to values that cannot be obtained via normal gameplay. If you wish to experiment with this sort of stuff, then by all means do so, and please report your findings if you like. But please do make sure to backup your save file beforehand if you care about it! (So far, this app has only been tested with saves from versions 1.3.0 and 1.5.0/1.5.1/1.5.2/2.0.0/2.0.1 of Base Game + DLC, and 1.0.0/1.0.1 of Torna The Golden Country)

Here are some screenshots:
XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy - For Xenoblade Chroniches 2 base game

SCR_1.PNG

SCR_2.PNG

SCR_3.PNG

SCR_4.PNG

SCR_5.PNG

XC2IraSaveNETThingy - For XC2 Torna The Golden Country Expansion
SCR_6.PNG

SCR_7.PNG

SCR_8.PNG

SCR_9.PNG

SCR_10.PNG
And with this, my month-long break has come to an end, and it is back to work for me first thing Monday morning, so I will be back to being super busy once more, and I will not be online very much. That said, I will try to monitor this thread when I get the chance, so constructive feedback is appreciated. (Especially if you are experimenting with how the game reacts to certain modifications, or if you discover how any of the Unknown Fields work and what they change in game!)

CHANGELOG:
Release 6.1
XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy v1.5.1

Fixed loading of pre-v1.5.0 save files
- BUGFIX: Loading of older pre-v1.5.0 save files was broken

Release 6 (Release versioning changed due to conversion to multi-component package)
XC2SaveNETThingy Core v1.0:

Separated all the core backend stuff into a separate .dll file
- UPDATE: Added proper support for handling v1.5.0 data
- NEW: Added support for handling Torna Golden Country save data
- UPDATE: Fixed typos in GUI Text data and changed a few field names to reduce confusion (Select Weapon text for Driver Arts, Blade Special Recast Rev to Damage Multiplier)

XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy v1.5:
Properly handles Driver v1.5.0+ data + other fixes/updates
- UPDATE: Now properly handles Driver v1.5.0+ specific data
- BUGFIX: Driver ListBox could become blank if loading a save file after having already loaded one
- UPDATE: Moved Driver Skill Points GroupBox to Driver Affinity Chart tab

XC2IraSaveNETThingy v1.0:
Initial Release
- NEW: Created Save Editor for Torna Golden Country Save Files

v1.4
Quick Bugfix Release + DB update to handle 2.0.0 content
- UPDATE: Identified BladeArtsExId and BladeArtsEx2Id as Blade Special IV IDs
- BUGFIX: BladeArtsExH and BladeArtsEx2H were being replaced by Blade Special IV IDs
- UPDATE: Added controls to more easily edit Blade Special IV
- UPDATE: Moved Blade Specials to new tab, separate from Blade Arts
- UPDATE: Added 2.0.0/Torna DLC Content to db (Names, Arts, Items etc.)
- NEW FEATURE: Added setting to enable/disable the ability to edit Read-Only fields

v1.3
New Features from User Requests
- NEW FEATURE: Added Item sort function (Can sort by ID, Name, Qty, Equipped, Time Obtained, or Serial by clicking respective column header in Item grid
- NEW FEATURE: Added button to Max out Qty of all Items in currently viewed Item Box

v1.2
New Features + Ver 1.5.2 Support
- NEW FEATURE: Added Blade Import/Export to/from File
- NEW FEATURE: Added Existing Item search function
- NEW FEATURE: Added Easy-Add New Item to ItemBox function
- NEW FEATURE: Added Right-Click menu for Items to set Acquired Time to Current Time, and to Auto-Generate New Serial for an Item
- UPDATE: Changed how ComboBoxes show their data so name comes first, to allow for easy searching by typing into ComboBox
- UPDATE: Completely overhauled Game Flag Data section, now are several lists instead of hex box, also known Flags have ben named, such as Blade Awakening Videos Watched, or various other game stats (ex. some are used for Affinity Charts)
- UPDATE: Made Driver Stats, and some Rare Blade stats Read Only to avoid confusion since the game ignores those values anyway
- BUGFIX: Driver Arts Levels Combo Box could attempt to load an Art Level beyond what is known/implemented
- UPDATE: Restructured backend Database to easily allow future support for App translations to other languages
- UPDATE: Added support for 1.5.2 DLC data

v1.1
Update to support Ver 1.5.1 DLC + Affinity Chart Import/Export
- NEW FEATURE: Added ability to Import/Export Blade Affinity Chart Data to/from file
- UPDATE: Updated data files to support Ver 1.5.1 DLC
- UPDATE: Updated data files to recognise Driver: Jin (Challenge Mode)

v1.0.1
GUI:
- BUGFIX: Main Form refused to load save if Merc Group Blade Data was invalid
- BUGFIX: About form hyperlinks did not load URL when clicked

v1.0
- Initial Release

Download Here:
GitLab:

https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy/tags/r6.1

GBAtemp Download Center:
:arrow:
https://gbatemp.net/download/xc2savenetthingy.35270/

And as always...
Enjoy!

Last edited by damysteryman,

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can obtain any blade with this tool as long you equip it with a certain driver though im not sure yet if it does overwrite other blades.

TrunksSSJ23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a "Sequence contains no matching element" error when trying to load my file. I'm on 1.5.0.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • bf2savefile.rar
    68.9 KB · Views: 425
Last edited by TrunksSSJ23,

omega7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is so awesome thank you, I have a few questions with some of the values

1. What are “Recast Rev”? is it the skill’s cooldown?

upload_2018-7-22_21-50-27.png

2.Would increasing the Special/Art’s level do anything?

3.Will stats edit reset everytime a character level up?

4.Are the stat change functional? because one comment pointed out that the other editor stat changes were cosmetic only.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, My switch is currently being repaired so I won't be able to test them myself

D

Deleted-19228

thanks for spoiler alerts and this tools saved me from hundreds of hours of boring grinding :)

Hundreds of hours of...grinding? The story is long, grinding is minimal if you actually utilize what the game gives you for leveling up.

Kyrara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mh i become a error if i want load my Save in the Editor:
---------------------------
File Load Error!
Die Sequenz enthält kein übereinstimmendes Element.

Data has not been loaded.
OK

How can i fix that?

----------------------

Ok after saving on a other Place its working without a error ^^

Last edited by Kyrara,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hundreds of hours of...grinding? The story is long, grinding is minimal if you actually utilize what the game gives you for leveling up.
how long do you take to bring ur party from 20-100? and summon all rare blades from legendary cores? i meant this tool saved me a lot of grinding that's all :)

TrunksSSJ23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mh i become a error if i want load my Save in the Editor:
File Load Error!
Die Sequenz enthält kein übereinstimmendes Element.

Data has not been loaded.
OK

How can i fix that?

----------------------

Ok after saving on a other Place its working without a error ^^

I think that's the same error I'm getting.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work without corrupting your save if you have the DLC blades? The other editor erases your artes palette. This might be a good alternative if it doesn't do that.

TrunksSSJ23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can edit the blade to in your party already so you won't really need the probability
To get it to work is there specific directory I need to place my save file in? I am trying to load it from my Desktop and I am getting a "Sequence contains no matching element," error. I posted a picture above.

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get it to work is there specific directory I need to place my save file in? I am trying to load it from my Desktop and I am getting a "Sequence contains no matching element," error. I posted a picture above.
did you use Edizon or CheckPoint? im not really sure for myself as my save came from 1.3 that got turned into 1.5

edit: i turned your save into mine and it finally work on my computer.
Please do try it if it does work on your computer

Attachments

• bf2savefile.rar
    59 KB · Views: 576
Last edited by Takumah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over