ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

AntiZepher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now Pneuma even shows up in menu butas mythra or pyra (depends on wich form is currently active) and without model art like all others. also when choosen changes over to mythra or pyra.... anyone whom tried too to get peuma as playable blade till now i can only make her usable in battle like all other blades?

ah forgot her char even shows up in window when saving

maybe i should make an own thread instead of posting here sry if i annoyed anybody with it or my bad english xD

Last edited by AntiZepher,

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now Pneuma even shows up in menu butas mythra or pyra (depends on wich form is currently active) and without model art like all others. also when choosen changes over to mythra or pyra.... anyone whom tried too to get peuma as playable blade till now i can only make her usable in battle like all other blades?

maybe i should make an own thread instead of posting here sry if i annoyed anybody with it or my bad english xD

well it would be nicer if you could make list of changes on how you managed get her working and stuff so some other people might be able to try out what you did or find any Save breaking errors.

Im currently trying out the affinity chart with ursula(because her affinity quest is one of the worst).

edit: is there any kind soul that can give me a save with Fully complete Ursula affinity? nvm, found one
\

Last edited by Takumah,

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after trying out a lot of stuff with the affinity chart.

I found out how easy it is to edit and make it unlocked though as side effect it might not give you an idea exp(or whatever was it called)
352ezw8.jpg
sorry about that big image

you just have to edit "Count" and the hex on the side

i compared two saves
hvdm6b.jpg

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool. But when I change the stats ( str, hp, def, ect) do they stay permanently changed? Can't test atm since i'm still at work x.x

D

Deleted User

I'm trying to make my current game a NG+ file so that I get all the extras without having to replay every chapter. Does anybody know how to do this?

I've tried changing the obvious stuff such as Content Version, Clear Game Count etc but it's not changing the file into NG+.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I get a "Sequence contains no matching element" error when trying to load my file. I'm on 1.5.0.
mh i become a error if i want load my Save in the Editor:
---------------------------
File Load Error!
Die Sequenz enthält kein übereinstimmendes Element.

Data has not been loaded.
OK

How can i fix that?

----------------------

Ok after saving on a other Place its working without a error ^^
Just tested this myself with the save files that you guys provided, and the Merc Group data was strange, with Blade IDs for blades that did not exist... and like @Takumah said, loading that save in my Switch, and saving and reloading in editor seemed to fix that issue...

Regardless, the bug in the editor has been fixed, and that save file can now be loaded without issue. Be sure to grab v1.0.1 from the first post. Thanks for letting me know about the issue :)

This is so awesome thank you, I have a few questions with some of the values

1. What are “Recast Rev”? is it the skill’s cooldown?

View attachment 136657

2.Would increasing the Special/Art’s level do anything?

3.Will stats edit reset everytime a character level up?

4.Are the stat change functional? because one comment pointed out that the other editor stat changes were cosmetic only.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, My switch is currently being repaired so I won't be able to test them myself
1. It could be, but to be honest, I do not really know. The names for fields were based on the names used in the 010 Editor template file that has been floating around, unless I knew for myself what that field did. There are lot of fields in the save file where I know very little about how they behave in-game, so they use the same names from the 010 Editor template unless people can figure out what these fields really do and therefore decide on better names for them.
2. For Blade Specials, it defeintely appears so, despite the level not being displayed. My blades all have different levels for specials, which also correspond to what is unlocked on their affinity charts. For Blade Arts though... I have no idea, all Blade Arts for my Blades are all Lv 1, and I have not tested altered versions of those in-game :lol:
3. Again, I do not know, right now I am assuming not, is there any reason they would?
4. Really? I did not know that. Well... I would assume that they change, but again, I have not tested many alterations' effect in-game.

While I have created the save editor to edit just about anything in the save, I still do not know how the game reacts to most changes, as testing every litle thing myself would take absolutely forever :lol:
I encourage you to experiment with things like this and report your results when you get your switch back.
Awesome, I can confirm this also works with v1.0 save files :D
Nice to know, I never had v1.0 to test with. :)
hello,
it's always a pleasure to see you back, but you always leave right away.
see you next year! :lol:

thanks for your work and releasing what you did :)
It is good to be back, and alas, that is true... life is busy. I do sometimes lurk though, but I will only usually log in if I have something to contribute.
See you... when I see you, whenever I phase back into dimension GBATemp! :lol:

Thanks man, I hope you (and everyone else) enjoy it :)
Does this work without corrupting your save if you have the DLC blades? The other editor erases your artes palette. This might be a good alternative if it doesn't do that.
Yes, this editor does take into account, and let you edit, the 1.5.0 DLC Monado/Knives Weapon arts and Weapon Points, at least for the 4 drivers that can equip them. Other unknown 1.5.0 DLC related data can be edited manually using hex editor style controls in the "1.5.0+ Raw Data" tab.
How'd you do it? I'm a little confused by it, lol.
I would like to know as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Anyone mind explaining how the affinity chart works?
The Buttons on the affinity chart tab are laid out the same way as the affinity chart is in-game. Basically, you click the node you want to edit, then edit the data in the "Affinity Reward Edit" section below. As for WHAT the data is supposed to be, now that I do not know.

However...
All i have been doing is replacing the "count" but sometimes it doesn't work and ya really need to open it inside the game to work
..like @Takumah said, you can modify the "Count" value to match the "Max Count" value, then load up the affinity chart in-game to unlock that node (provided that key affinity row is unlocked)

Hm... On the "Other" tab when editing a blade, what is "Cooltime"?
I do not really know (That is why it is on the "Other" tab :lol:).
But @Type_O_Dev said it is the Cooldown timer for that Blade:
should be cool down timer
Thanks for letting us know man :)
There are a lot of fields that we do not really know or understand; The more we figure out, the better.

is it possible to change the costume aux cores like pyra-style mythra to pneuma-style mythra or something?
I do not think that Pneuma-Style Mythra is even a thing that exists... From what I am guessing, those Aux Cores simply change what 3D model is loaded for that blade instead of the default one, so I am assuming that a "Pneuma-Style Mythra" does not exist.

Hoever, you could maybe try experimenting with changing a Blade's recource stuff, over in the "Resource Data" tab, and see what happens, and report your results?

KKKKK you can replce any euipped blade with pneuma, you cant see her in menu or switch to her outside of battle but inside a battle you can switch to her like to any other blde without the fucking timer :DDDDD
Yeah exactly, but the game does not seem to be programmed to handle having Pneuma available otuside of battle, so weird stuff happens :P
Do we know if this editor breaks the DLC saved files ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This editor can load and save the 1.5.0 DLC save files just fine, even if almost all of the new extra DLC specific data is unknown and undocumented at this time.

Oh? My game glitched out when trying to display Pneuma in Character menu last I tried this :lol:
(But I realize now that was back with Game Ver 1.3.0, maybe 1.5.0 changed some stuff?)

And yeah, perhaps you could make an extra thread, since it is basically its own specific topic. That said, a more general research thread might also be a good idea, for people to experiment with editing their saves, and more easily report their progress, results, and other weird findings they come across when doing so.

is it possible to jump to a selected chapter?
I do not know. It is technically possible to edit the data to control this, however, I do not know at all WHAT that data would be :P
Very cool. But when I change the stats ( str, hp, def, ect) do they stay permanently changed? Can't test atm since i'm still at work x.x
I would assume they do?
Again, I have not extensively tested how the game reacts to various changes to the save data. I encourage you to experiment and report your results when you get a chance :)

I'm trying to make my current game a NG+ file so that I get all the extras without having to replay every chapter. Does anybody know how to do this?

I've tried changing the obvious stuff such as Content Version, Clear Game Count etc but it's not changing the file into NG+.
Technically it is possible, however I do not know where that data might be located.

If neither of those values change it then you would have to look into other areas... it could be one of the Unknown values, or even buried somwwhere deep inside the Game Flag Data, however all this stuff seems to be undocumented, so I would have no idea where this data could be... people would have to research these things.

Sorry that I could not be of more help on the matter... :(

Also now...
Update! v1.0.1 has been released!
This release should fix that "No Matching Element" that was reported in earlier posts.

Changelog:
v1.0.1.0
GUI:
- BUGFIX: Main Form refused to load save if Merc Group Blade Data was invalid
- BUGFIX: About form hyperlinks did not load URL when clicked

The First post has been updated with the latest download link for v1.0.1.
Be sure to grab the latest version!
And as always...
Enjoy!

Last edited by damysteryman,
Reactions: Deleted User

00hoangc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i've tried to edit my agility from 51 (what it was in the editor originally) to 710 lol, but in game my agility is only 64 :( (probably including modifiers). Any way to make the changes take actual effect?

D

Deleted User

Changing the elemental type / weapon a blade uses also does nothing. But you can alter the weapon arts of each driver. Finally my Rex has access to both Break. Also Smash on a weapon type that a certain bird doesn't use.

Altering the move set of weapons completely changes the viability of otherwise completely under powered weapon types and blades. It's by far my favorite feature of this save editor.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it would be nicer if you could make list of changes on how you managed get her working and stuff so some other people might be able to try out what you did or find any Save breaking errors.

Im currently trying out the affinity chart with ursula(because her affinity quest is one of the worst).

edit: is there any kind soul that can give me a save with Fully complete Ursula affinity? nvm, found one
\
Can you share that Ursula file please :D

AntiZepher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well couldn't create a thread (it said offensive language was used in it, maybe the word blade i don´t know)

So just wanted to show what i achieved by a lot of testing and switching bits around...works till now just a few things like menu (press + then character) picture of pneuma missing
2018072500024700-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well couldn't create a thread (it said offensive language was used in it, maybe the word blade i don´t know)

So just wanted to show what i achieved by a lot of testing and switching bits around...works till now just a few things like menu (press + then character) picture of pneuma missingView attachment 137006
She doesn't have any body art in the game files

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i unlocked all the skills for the characters and trust to S+!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you, it took awhile to get it right at first
Like i advised before... ya really need to unlock key affinity first before you edit the affinity itself or unless ya wanna force it by putting "09"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    My grand daughter is autistic. And incredibly brilliant at 7 yrs old.
    They said she can skip a grade, possibly 2, because shes "gifted". She scored higher in some tests recently than the lady has seen any other kid test in her 20 years here.
    But it was decided by her mom to keep her in her own age class. And I agree.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah autism has different levels for different people
    I believe that even in the most severe cases of autism, the person is still incredibly intelligent.
    Even if they arent capable of demonstrating it to others
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Different symptoms affect people different
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @RedColoredStars What strain you smoking today? My buddy brought me some old school "Dumpster" today, skunky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol peanut butter breath bud
    @BigOnYa The same headcracker. I'll smoke that til it's gone before i get more. Sometimes when I shop I get all one strain, sometimes I get a few different ones.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live in Ohio and they just legalized it rec, but I can't buy it online til june, but stores around are starting to sell it. Pricey. Cheaper to get from my man than stores still.
    they just did here in MN too. last year, but there wont be any recreational dispensaries until 2025. I have a medical prescription so I use the medical dispensary
    +1
    Yup. Still cheaper for me to get it on the street too. But the guy that was selling me ounces for $150 moved and I dont know where to. lol
    Now it's back to practically double that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn $150 cheap, I'm paying 225-250
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'd want to try drugs
    yeah. like i said. its been back to almost double that now. same prices as you pretty much.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Supposedly us in Ohio can grow 2 plants per person in our house, and anybody else that can't grow them self, 2 for them. But I'm not sure how they are gonna limit or watch that, like are they gonna go house to house.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No drugs are bad, mkay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kansas shelved Marijuana again until next year
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Weed/Marijuana i would not consider as drugs personally. I'd have no problem if my kid came to me and said they smoked weed. Shit I'd ask what kind they got, and smoke with them. To me it's like smoking cigarettes. Actually I think Cigarettes are worse.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All like oh look at Missouri and Colorado they bring in Chinese terrorists
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 You didn't like Snow Day? I haven't got far into it, been busy, but yea didn't think it as good or as funny as last games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The graphics weren't bad but they were too focus on making it a beat em up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You play on Pc obv, was the camera an issue? It bugged me when trying to battle, had to turn camera to see who hitting me from behind.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You play on Pc obv, was the camera an issue? It bugged me when trying to battle, had to turn...