Life is Strange 2 Not Saving progress help

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. I have a strange issue I've never encountered before on my Switch. As the title states, I'm playing Life is Strange 2 but it cannot save my story data at all. It does save when I create a new game file but any progress I make is lost even though it's supposed to auto-save. There is no option to save manually or to turn off autosave in this game. Also, I noticed that, as I play, the little icon (The "Don't turn off your game or console when this icon is visible because it means the game is in the process of saving") is on the screen at all times. It shows that the game is saving but...the icon just stays there forever. Never goes away, never completes its save.

The game is fully updated (v.1.1.0) and I am unsure what to try. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Reactions: cloud-strife777

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try uninstalling the game, then go into your switch game saves/ game data and delete it also. Then try reinstalling and start a new game to see if works. Could even be a bad game dump, you can try a different source. Good luck.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd try uninstalling the game, then go into your switch game saves/ game data and delete it also. Then try reinstalling and start a new game to see if works. Could even be a bad game dump, you can try a different source. Good luck.
I'll give this a shot - thanks for the idea! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Post automatically merged:

So it appears that wasn't the issue. I tried a brand-new install as requested with a new gamesave but the issue persisted. One thing I noticed though (And this was true of all Life is Strange games on the switch) is that it tries and fails to connect to the Nintendo network when you first launch the game. This wasn't an issue in the previous game in the series but I thought this may have had something to do with it. I turned on Airplane Mode and this resolved the issue! It seems it continued to attempt to connect and this was preventing it from saving properly.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by vgplayer54,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?