ROM Hack Xeonblade Chronicles 2 Blade Gacha mod

edale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mod that puts all 20 of the non-DLC, non-NG+, and non-sidequest Blades into the gacha's pity system:

https://gamebanana.com/mods/501628

The Gacha system originally has 5 sets of draw odds setups (technically 4, because a programming error makes it impossible to get one of them), and which one your playthrough gets is determined when you start a new game. Each set has 3 "pity" Blades, so that no matter how bad your luck, you'd at least have some Rare Blades. The problem is that each and every rare blade has optional story content locked behind their acquisition. Granted some of them are short and rather pointless, but some of them count as some of the best content in the game. And it can take thousands upon thousands of Legendary Cores to pull them all.

And if I avoid gacha in my multilayer games, why would I want it in my single player ones?

With this mod the gacha system (well for Blades, Tiger Tiger's a different story...) is essentially removed. The only Rare Blades you'll still need to Gacha for are any DLC/NG+ Blades that you're required to pull to get (such as T-elos), but they all have very high drop rates, so you won't need to do many pulls to get them.

Be aware that if you dismiss a Rare Blade, you will have to rely on it's original pull rate to pull it from the gacha, as it will not go back on the Pity List. Never dismiss KOS-MOS, her drop rate is abysmal.

------------

The Pity System works on a point based setup:

Common Core: 5 points

Rare Core: 25 points

Legendary Core: 50 points

Every time you pull a Rare Blade, the counter resets, and when the counter hits 100, you're guaranteed to pull a Rare Blade.

---

Originally it's supposed to be 100 points for the first pity blade, 200 points for the second, and then 300 points for the third, but adding the extra pity blades seems to have broken this, and left it at 100 for them all. It's possible the last 2 pity blades may revert to this behavior and take 200 and 300 points respectively to pull.

------

Example:

You just pulled a rare blade, and then used 5 common cores without drawing a Rare Blade, leaving your Pity score at 25.

Then you used a Rare Core, and didn't draw a Rare, leaving your Pity score at 50.

Then you used a Legendary Core, making your Pity score hit 100, and you are 100% garanteed to pull a Rare Blade on this pull, and the Pity score resets to 0.

------------

Full list of Blades now on the Pity List:

1. Godfrey
  2. Perceval
  3. Vale
  4. Agate
  5. Gorg
  6. Boreas
  7. Dagas
  8. Perun
  9. Kora
  10. Azami
  11. Ursula
  12. Newt
  13. Nim
  14. Adenine
  15. Electra
  16. Zenobia
  17. Finch
  18. Floren
  19. KOS-MOS
  20. Dahlia

------------

IMPORTANT

------------

You NEED to have one of the following DLC's installed for this mod to work:

1. Torna: The Golden Country (preferred)
  2. New Quests Pack
  3. New Rare Blades Pack
  4. New Challenge Mode Pack
  5. My Nintendo Bonus Items

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol