ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to increase the value of SP and WP gained each time? I couldn't find a place for that in the save editor nor any cheat codes that do that, only for experience.
For that, you'd have to actually edit the game's internal files - which can be done with a BDAT editor, since the most important files are in common.bdat.

This data dump is a fantastic resource - to edit an enemy's WP/SP yield, once you've dumped the files and gotten everything set up (tutorial), go to CHR_EnArrange, and use the dump to locate the enemy's name and numerical ID, to go to the correct line in the BDAT editor. Then you should see "EXPRev", "GoldRev", "WPRev" and "SPRev", which are how much of each thing that enemy rewards.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I feel stupid having to ask, but is there a tutorial anywhere of some kind for how to edit the affinity chart in this editor? I’ve looked at it but I don’t quite understand how it works and don’t want to mess with it and end up screwing up my game...
For Blades' Affinity Charts? Sure, I'll try to explain it.
In the program, you'll see nine columns of five boxes - three red columns, three yellow, three green. These correspond to each Blade's Specials (Lv 1, 2, 3), Battle Skills (e.g. Pyra's Purifying Flames, Agate's Razor-Sharp Iolite), and Field Skills.
If you want to make filling in a Blade's Affinity Chart easier, load up your save in the editor and on your console; navigate to the Blade you wish to fill in, and go to the node that's giving you trouble. If it doesn't say "previous instances are counted" (e.g. Pyra's Cooking), you can directly edit it here, by putting a number below the required amount into the input box below the grid.

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For that, you'd have to actually edit the game's internal files - which can be done with a BDAT editor, since the most important files are in common.bdat.

This data dump is a fantastic resource - to edit an enemy's WP/SP yield, once you've dumped the files and gotten everything set up (tutorial), go to CHR_EnArrange, and use the dump to locate the enemy's name and numerical ID, to go to the correct line in the BDAT editor. Then you should see "EXPRev", "GoldRev", "WPRev" and "SPRev", which are how much of each thing that enemy rewards.

That's really interesting. Not as practical as I would've hoped, but I suspect I can edit just the file(s) I need and use them as I would a mod, which is just put them on the atmosphere folder and voilá. Can you confirm that?

Regardless, thank you!

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's really interesting. Not as practical as I would've hoped, but I suspect I can edit just the file(s) I need and use them as I would a mod, which is just put them on the atmosphere folder and voilá. Can you confirm that?

Regardless, thank you!
Yeah, once you've edited whichever tables you want, saved each as you went, and recombined them into bf2.ard, you can copy that ~10GB file back onto your microSD card (/atmosphere/contents/<titleid>/romfs/) and use it as a mod.
However, I've never been able to get it to work on a FAT32 card - which, because of the file system's pesky ~4GB file size limit, requires splitting bf2.ard into three separate parts. I've only gotten it to work on an exFAT card, since that doesn't have a size limit or require splitting bf2.ard.
Something about splitting files causes it to fail to work, so I'd recommend getting a secondary, smaller card and keeping it as exFAT for XC2 - I myself have a 400GB main card (FAT32) and a 128GB XC2 card (exFAT).

Reactions: RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Regardless, thank you!
...What Akira said, essentially.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, once you've edited whichever tables you want, saved each as you went, and recombined them into bf2.ard, you can copy that ~10GB file back onto your microSD card (/atmosphere/contents/<titleid>/romfs/) and use it as a mod.
However, I've never been able to get it to work on a FAT32 card - which, because of the file system's pesky ~4GB file size limit, requires splitting bf2.ard into three separate parts. I've only gotten it to work on an exFAT card, since that doesn't have a size limit or require splitting bf2.ard.
Something about splitting files causes it to fail to work, so I'd recommend getting a secondary, smaller card and keeping it as exFAT for XC2 - I myself have a 400GB main card (FAT32) and a 128GB XC2 card (exFAT).

you cant split bf2.ard it dosnt work

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

How can I merge the edited .bdat back into bf2.ard?
Also, would you happen to know where the number of aux core slots for each blade is? I can't seem to find it. It would also be great to know where each blade base crit chance is.

Sorry to be so insistent. This got me so much more invested in a little project. I edited a save file to make a more challenge new game+ experience with less of the grindy aspects (mostly affinity charts), but now I feelink like giving a try to make low tier blades more useful and the blade cast more well-rounded

Tacoriffic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I merge the edited .bdat back into bf2.ard?
Also, would you happen to know where the number of aux core slots for each blade is? I can't seem to find it. It would also be great to know where each blade base crit chance is.

Sorry to be so insistent. This got me so much more invested in a little project. I edited a save file to make a more challenge new game+ experience with less of the grindy aspects (mostly affinity charts), but now I feelink like giving a try to make low tier blades more useful and the blade cast more well-rounded
If you just wanna use it with LayeredFS on Atmosphere, you don't need to merge common.bdat into bf2.ard if you have one of the DLCs installed. Instead you can just put it in its corresponding folder in "contents" for the DLC and it should work. Specifically, if you have the Torna DLC installed, you should use "0100E95004039001" for the TitleID.

Number of aux core slots for each blade is in the CHR_Bl section of common.bdat under OrbNum. As for crit chance, as far as I know it is stored per weapon class for each core chip in ITM_PCWpn.

I've included an example of with a modified common.bdat that should work if you have the Torna DLC installed.

Attachments

• 0100E95004039001.zip
    913.9 KB · Views: 212

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you just wanna use it with LayeredFS on Atmosphere, you don't need to merge common.bdat into bf2.ard if you have one of the DLCs installed. Instead you can just put it in its corresponding folder in "contents" for the DLC and it should work. Specifically, if you have the Torna DLC installed, you should use "0100E95004039001" for the TitleID.
...Is that true? I never knew that; I just reimported common.bdat back into bf2.ard and copied the ~10GB file over.

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Number of aux core slots for each blade is in the CHR_Bl section of common.bdat under OrbNum. As for crit chance, as far as I know it is stored per weapon class for each core chip in ITM_PCWpn.

I've included an example of with a modified common.bdat that should work if you have the Torna DLC installed.

That's amazing! Much more practical than moving 10Gb files around, makes trying new additions faster. I'm gonna try that out tonight
btw, I'd been looking for aux core slots number for two days and somehow managed to miss that. Thank you so much!!

Edit: I've created a repository for my project. Not sure if it's a good idea and I don't know where's the best place to share it, but in case anyone's interested and would like to help, here it is

Last edited by 011.guilherme,

Herrscher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to make pneuma work as a seperate blade , i tried out but i cant enter in menu screen when i set her as my 3rd active blade.

Herrscher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for not replying earlier.

1. NXDumpTool - > Gamecard Dump -> Split files bigger than 4 GB = Yes; Save data to CFW directory = Yes; Use update/DLC = 0100E95004038800 v917504 (0.0.14.0) (UPD) (SD card)
2. Once done, copy bf2.ard and bf2.arh to Xenoblade2Set folder.
3. Run quickbms_4gb_files.exe.
4. Once that's done, delete all extracted files except for the common.bdat file inside the bdat folder; only that should be important.
5. Launch BdatEditor.exe, open common.bdat with it, edit tables, save each table as I'm done with them.
6. Copy the bdat folder (with common.bdat inside) to a "modified" folder, then run 1.reimport.bat, to put the supposedly-edited common.bdat back into bf2.ard.
7. Run 2.split.cmd to split bf2.ard into three parts (3.99 GB, 3.99 GB, 2.26 GB) inside a bf2.ard folder.
8. Copy the bf2.ard folder into atmosphere/contents/0100E95004038000/romfs, or whatever it is.
how do i put common.bdat back to bf2.ard can u be more specific please? like i click on reinport then what i do next?

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having some difficulty with this editor. It's been awhile since I last used it, though.

I wanted to set things up so I had some good Accessories to equip on Rex in my NG file. But I still have the Game Completion medal even though I started a new save, so I thought I could add the O-Battle Course and Alphabet Course to my inventory for Rex to use now, and for my other Drivers to use later.

However, when I tried setting multiple entries for 0-Battle Course in my inventory, after saving and loading up the save file equipping the accessory on Rex takes up every instance of the accessory in my inventory.

How do I set it so that each 0-Battle Course is its own entry in the inventory? Or do I have to manually equip the item on my Drivers in the editor before saving and loading the save file?

Iezu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still having some difficulty with this editor. It's been awhile since I last used it, though.

I wanted to set things up so I had some good Accessories to equip on Rex in my NG file. But I still have the Game Completion medal even though I started a new save, so I thought I could add the O-Battle Course and Alphabet Course to my inventory for Rex to use now, and for my other Drivers to use later.

However, when I tried setting multiple entries for 0-Battle Course in my inventory, after saving and loading up the save file equipping the accessory on Rex takes up every instance of the accessory in my inventory.

How do I set it so that each 0-Battle Course is its own entry in the inventory? Or do I have to manually equip the item on my Drivers in the editor before saving and loading the save file?

It has been a while since I used the editor, but I remember having the same problem at first. My solution was to do the following:
- Using the "Easy-Add" option above the tabs for the item type. It will add the selected quantity with a meaningful timestamp.
- Just use a Quantity of 1 for accessories! If you want multiple of the same kind, then add multiple entries with a Quantity of 1 each.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night