1. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sorry for not replying earlier.

1. NXDumpTool - > Gamecard Dump -> Split files bigger than 4 GB = Yes; Save data to CFW directory = Yes; Use update/DLC = 0100E95004038800 v917504 (0.0.14.0) (UPD) (SD card)
    2. Once done, copy bf2.ard and bf2.arh to Xenoblade2Set folder.
    3. Run quickbms_4gb_files.exe.
    4. Once that's done, delete all extracted files except for the common.bdat file inside the bdat folder; only that should be important.
    5. Launch BdatEditor.exe, open common.bdat with it, edit tables, save each table as I'm done with them.
    6. Copy the bdat folder (with common.bdat inside) to a "modified" folder, then run 1.reimport.bat, to put the supposedly-edited common.bdat back into bf2.ard.
    7. Run 2.split.cmd to split bf2.ard into three parts (3.99 GB, 3.99 GB, 2.26 GB) inside a bf2.ard folder.
    8. Copy the bf2.ard folder into atmosphere/contents/0100E95004038000/romfs, or whatever it is.

2. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No worries.

Try just putting the modified common.bdat file in atmosphere/contents/0100E95004038000/romfs, instead of repacking it into the bf2.ard.

I've only ever patched one other game, and I need to repack the modded files back into their proprietary format. Just putting the directly modified file on the SD in the appropriate directory was enough.

EDIT: That did not work for me. And in fact, doing what you did doesn't even let the game load for me. After starting the application, it stays on a black screen and does nothing until I manually close the game. It only works after removing the bf2.ard file from the atmosphere/contents/0100E95004038000/romfs folder. Since my SD card is exFat formated, I just need to put the b2f.ard file in that directory, rather than splitting it. But otherwise, I have no idea what the issue is, especially since I can't replicate your issue and instead run into my own!

Last edited by SilverBlade, Jun 13, 2020
  3. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Didn't work, putting only the common.bdat file in romfs.
    I can load the game just fine, though, but none of the changes seem to apply.

Well, I guess modding the game's just not possible, unfortunately. Oh well.

4. yanglue10

yanglue10 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Appreciate it if someone could let me know if the save editor have an option to edit WP in XenoBlade Chronicales 2. I opened it with my save file but did not see any where for modifying WP. I may be overlooking it but if there is a way, please let me know.

5. MonMonz

MonMonz GBAtemp Fan

Egypt
    Can this raises the community level in torna!?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - XC2SaveNetThingy, Chronicles, Xenoblade