Xbox Games Pass starts June 1

381e76db-9cd7-47ea-b338-2901124d8a1d.jpg

With the advent of Sony's popular PlayStation Now service, Microsoft is more than willing to get in on some of that revenue. Already announced back in February, Xbox Game Pass will allow subscribers to pay a flat monthly fee in order to play a catalog of Xbox games. The biggest differing factor from PS Now and Game Pass is that instead of streaming the game to your console, you can download the game to your system, as if you own it. Costing 9.99 USD a month, you'll be able to choose from a monthly revolving door of Xbox One and Xbox 360 game titles, such as the first 3 Gears of War games, Bioshock, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Mad Max, Halo 5, and more. Any of the games currently in that month's catalog will also get 20% discounts, if one wants to purchase the title for permanent access. The service will start on June 1, and will also offer a 14-day free trial to all Xbox One owners. You can see a full list of the games below at the source. It's not clear whether this will ever come to PC much like PS Now, but the end of the promo video shows a very specific "Only on Xbox One" logo.

US: $9.99
- CA: $11.99
- EU: €9.99
- UK: £7.99
- AU: $10.95
- RU: 599 ₽
- CL: $6.990
- CO: $25.900
- HK: $79
- PL: 39.99 zł

:arrow: Source

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I wonder just how relevant the XboxOne still is. It seems a bit like everyone has already left it behind and this is a futile attempt to keep Microsoft's console in the game, but I could also see it having a large userbase in young, "bro-y", American teenagers who are mostly silent when it comes to online game discussions. Either the Xbox is having a rough time of things and is on it's way out, or they're silently making bank off a certain demographic.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really is how Nintendo should handle their Virtual Console service for the Switch. No one wants to pay to own each NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB/C/A, or DS game again and again. And who wouldn't want to just have a Netflix of previous Nintendo games to play at a monthly subscription price? Especially considering you'd be able to take all those classic games with you on the go or on the big screen.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I wonder just how relevant the XboxOne still is. It seems a bit like everyone has already left it behind and this is a futile attempt to keep Microsoft's console in the game, but I could also see it having a large userbase in young, "bro-y", American teenagers who are mostly silent when it comes to online game discussions. Either the Xbox is having a rough time of things and is on it's way out, or they're silently making bank off a certain demographic.
Xbox One has strong third party support and its userbase love Xbox LIVE so there's really nothing stopping Microsoft. Xbox does lack exclusives but they're clearly doing well without them anyway.

Reactions: air2004
D

Deleted User

Eh..Its just anoughter rental service.There is a big difference between owning a game and renting it.If you are going to dump 40$ every time you want to play a game,then you might as well buy the game.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
I really don't get the appeal, so you just play them THAT month and when the rotation ends, you don't have access to them unless you buy them??

Reactions: kingtut

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With the advent of Sony's popular PlayStation Now service, Microsoft is more than willing to get in on some of that revenue. Already announced back in February, Xbox Game Pass will allow subscribers to pay a flat monthly fee in order to play a catalog of Xbox games. The biggest differing factor from PS Now and Game Pass is that instead of streaming the game to your console, you can download the game to your system, as if you own it. Costing 9.99 USD a month, you'll be able to choose from a monthly revolving door of Xbox One and Xbox 360 game titles, such as the first 3 Gears of War games, Bioshock, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Mad Max, Halo 5, and more. Any of the games currently in that month's catalog will also get 20% discounts, if one wants to purchase the title for permanent access. The service will start on June 1, and will also offer a 14-day free trial to all Xbox One owners. You can see a full list of the games below at the source. It's not clear whether this will ever come to PC much like PS Now, but the end of the promo video shows a very specific "Only on Xbox One" logo.

:arrow: Source

Correction. If you are a gold member, the service started this past tuesday the 23. And the free trial for 14 days is only for gold members. Everyone else only gets 5 days

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Left xbox behind?, don't make me laugh. I got nearly 300 titles. Many of them for free and most from sales bundles.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is honestly worth it based on the deals alone imho, I mean between games with gold being awesome and xbox game pass and xbox sales and weekly deals with gold and all the occasional free games (like phantom dust, witcher 2 , lost odyssey, tekken tag tournament 2), I have been putting a lot of hours on xbox despite the lack of exclusives, perhaps more hours than playstation honestly. Playstations exclusives were constantly good this spring, but before that, there were a lot of months where there were no exclusives to play. And this is coming from someone who loves all consoles

Eh..Its just anoughter rental service.There is a big difference between owning a game and renting it.If you are going to dump 40$ every time you want to play a game,then you might as well buy the game.
it is only 10 bucks, and it has multiple games ,and you can play them offline. it is a good deal.

I really don't get the appeal, so you just play them THAT month and when the rotation ends, you don't have access to them unless you buy them??
You still own them as long as you are subscribing, they are only going to add to them each months. We will wait and see if they are honest about not removing games from the service

Yo, it would be awesome if Microsoft could bring this to the PC. I mean, since it'll mostly be Xbox One/360 games, maybe just do a streaming solution like PS Now? Microsoft has the cloud infrastructure for it, and I have plenty of bandwidth :D
Yeah, unless they force you to be online, I do not see how they can do it. They either need xbox emulators on pc, or they will need the support of valve and steam since most pc games are on steam, and the windows store is seriously lacking when it comes to big games that are not made by microsoft

Last edited by kingtut,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But if you already own a 360, then you're all good and no point giving MS the money. Plays old xbox, xbox 360, emulators, etc. Then again, who would want to display an old console in a glorious 4k/8k TV, right? /s Just think about it in the long run. Much cheaper if you have rgh/jtag one. This is good news, though. What MS is pushing is definitely competing with what Sony has given us. Nintendo should learn a thing or two. I think Nintendo's problem is that they don't have a clear and concrete plan on what to do with their online service/s. That or it's a region thing issue and licenses - NOA, NOE, Japan, etc.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you already own a 360, then you're all good and no point giving MS the money. Plays old xbox, xbox 360, emulators, etc. Then again, who would want to display an old console in a glorious 4k/8k TV, right? /s Just think about it in the long run. Much cheaper if you have rgh/jtag one. This is good news, though. What MS is pushing is definitely competing with what Sony has given us. Nintendo should learn a thing or two. I think Nintendo's problem is that they don't have a clear and concrete plan on what to do with their online service/s. That or it's a region thing issue and licenses - NOA, NOE, Japan, etc.

Even if you owned 360, you may not have had the experience of the good xbla games in xbox game pass. I got introduced to bionic commando rearmed 2, which became one of my underrated games.

I also feel that xbox game pass could be a good place for fighting game fans, because it has some really good fighting games that people do not know about. So if a lot of people subscribe to it, then people can finally play those games against each other. Since it will be free for all of the subscribers. Soul caliber 1 and 2 are awesome, and I highly recommend people to play king of fighters 98 (just turn off the flash effect to prevent seizures lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying