Game Pass gets its first Activision-Blizzard title in Diablo IV next week

photo_2024-03-20_13-33-04 (2).jpg

The next wave of Game Pass additions is a momentous one, as it will be the first to feature an Activision-Blizzard title, fulfilling a promise Microsoft made when it acquired the publisher in a mammoth $68.8 billion deal. Diablo IV will be the first Activision-Blizzard title available to Game Pass subscribers when it comes to the service next Thursday, March 28.

Although Diablo IV is the headliner, this is a good wave of new titles overall. Coming today is The Quarry, a full-length branching narrative horror game from the makers of Until Dawn. Yesterday also saw the launch of the newest edition of MLB The Show, and at the beginning of April we'll get the Superhot sequel, Superhot: Mind Control Delete. As a bonus Game Pass Ultimate perk, subscribers can also get the Persona 3 Reload Expansion Pass, which will give them access to the Episode Aigis DLC epilogue when it launches in September.

The full list of new additions can be seen below:
  • Lightyear Frontier (Early Access) (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) - Available Now
  • MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console) - Available Now
  • The Quarry (Cloud and Console) - Available Now
  • Evil West (Cloud, Console and PC) - March 21
  • Terra Invicta (Early Access) (PC) - March 26
  • Diablo IV (Console and PC) - March 28
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 - Turbocharged (Cloud, Console and PC) - March 28
  • Open Roads (Cloud, Console and PC) - March 28
  • Ark: Survival Ascended (Cloud, PC and Xbox Series X|S) - April 1
  • F1 23 (EA Play) (PC) - April 2
  • Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console and PC) - April 2
The following games will be leaving on March 31:
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Infinite Guitars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • MLB The Show 23 (Cloud and Console)
:arrow: Source

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That steam sale must be rough for them if they have to resort to giving the game out for free after doing a 50% discount lmao
It's not being given for "free" per se, it was always going to be part of Game Pass sooner or later after they Microsoft bought Blizzard.

Personally I haven't tried the game yet since it's always online, which I hate. If it was like Diablo 3 on consoles I'd bite though.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Ooooooh
I'm happy with Diablo 4 on Game Pass, it's only the beginning. But I'm also REALLY happy about Super-Hot MCD and Hotwheels Unleashed 2.

To be honest, the Unleashed 2 is going to be added on this service sooner then I thought :unsure: (fuck it I'm happy)

Reactions: Halbour

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Ooooooooo I'm actually very excited, some quality games there. I don't really think that I'll enjoy Diablo IV that much, but that's A high quality title... right?
BTW I literally can't play P5R because my system is set to Hebrew, It doesn't recognize it, And just sets itself to Japanese, A language I (still) don't know. NO WAY to change that to English, I tried many Apps.

Reactions: Quore

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That steam sale must be rough for them if they have to resort to giving the game out for free after doing a 50% discount lmao
Are you watching stuff on Netflix « for free » ?
I'll never get why people say that stuff on the gamepass is free.
Also it's been announced for weeks, much before the 50% sale. I feel like the sale was for people who wouldn't want to sub to the gamepass but didn't wanted to spend too much for something that will cost much less on another platform.

I think I'll like the game honestly. I'm not TOO much into the ARPG genre so this might be my fking jam. I already loved what I've played on the betas.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you watching stuff on Netflix « for free » ?
I'll never get why people say that stuff on the gamepass is free.
Also it's been announced for weeks, much before the 50% sale. I feel like the sale was for people who wouldn't want to sub to the gamepass but didn't wanted to spend too much for something that will cost much less on another platform.

I think I'll like the game honestly. I'm not TOO much into the ARPG genre so this might be my fking jam. I already loved what I've played on the betas.

well you can use gamepass for "free" if you use microsoft rewards. I have not paid for gamepass in the last 2 years with it. Yes you do have to put a little effort into ms rewards but its not really that hard. you can easily earn the required points for gamepass and extra points for whatever in about 10-15 minutes per day. it costs 10,500 reward points for gamepass ultimate (which includes ea play and pc games). I earn about 18000-20000 per month without paying a dime.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well you can use gamepass for "free" if you use microsoft rewards. I have not paid for gamepass in the last 2 years with it. Yes you do have to put a little effort into ms rewards but its not really that hard. you can easily earn the required points for gamepass and extra points for whatever in about 10-15 minutes per day. it costs 10,500 reward points for gamepass ultimate (which includes ea play and pc games). I earn about 18000-20000 per month without paying a dime.
Damn that's actually great, but I did used it for Overwatch battlepasses

But I've stopped because I think there was a cap when using a bot so I didn't bothered. Are you doing all that manually or are you using a browser extension or something ?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen ultimate codes go on sale for as little as $5 on sites like kinguin and allkeyshop. Someone may seem like they look a little fishy but I've never had a problem using them. Even regardless of what youtube says about them always a risk but even then customer support is usually decent if a key doesn't work.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that's actually great, but I did used it for Overwatch battlepasses

But I've stopped because I think there was a cap when using a bot so I didn't bothered. Are you doing all that manually or are you using a browser extension or something ?
I do it all manually, its not really that hard you can get about 400-500 pts per day in about 15 minutes and thats not factoring in the weekly and monthly quests/objectives
Post automatically merged:

I've seen ultimate codes go on sale for as little as $5 on sites like kinguin and allkeyshop. Someone may seem like they look a little fishy but I've never had a problem using them. Even regardless of what youtube says about them always a risk but even then customer support is usually decent if a key doesn't work.
well with microsoft rewards is doesnt cost you anything, besides time. gotta be careful with some of those sites. sometimes you get lucky sometimes you get screwed. ms rewards is safe (as its done by microsoft) but some people do not want to invest the time into it. its really not that bad tho. its part of my daily routine now

Reactions: ChronoTrig

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do it all manually, its not really that hard you can get about 400-500 pts per day in about 15 minutes and thats not factoring in the weekly and monthly quests/objectives
Post automatically merged:

well with microsoft rewards is doesnt cost you anything, besides time. gotta be careful with some of those sites. sometimes you get lucky sometimes you get screwed. ms rewards is safe (as its done by microsoft) but some people do not want to invest the time into it. its really not that bad tho. its part of my daily routine now
Yeah that's what I just mentioned. I'd rather pay the $5 instead of trying to do bs ms rewards.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen ultimate codes go on sale for as little as $5 on sites like kinguin and allkeyshop
I've just checked these out and these are trial keys
But on Eneba I see 3 months PC gamepass keys for 16€, so that's almost half the price
Guess I'll just cancel my sub and do this instead ...

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just checked these out and these are trial keys
But on Eneba I see 3 months PC gamepass keys for 16€, so that's almost half the price
Guess I'll just cancel my sub and do this instead ...
Yeah but sure beats retail price you just need to make sure it's non stackable codes otherwise they won't work with a current membership you already have. Or buy a 30 trial and turn off autorenewal rinse and repeat each month.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Makes sense. Microsoft don't have to pay royalties to themselves, so they can keep the entire Gamepass subscription if all you play is Diablo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto