Microsoft announces the Xbox Mastercard credit card in the U.S.

Mastercard Xbox.jpg

Yes, you've read the title right: Microsoft has announced a no annual fee Xbox-branded credit card in partnership with Mastercard. However, there's more than the Xbox logo to this credit card as it allows users to earn card points with everyday purchases that can be used to redeem on games and add-ons at xbox.com. The Xbox Mastercard will be available exclusively to Xbox Insiders in the 50 United States beginning on September 21. Its availability will expand to all Xbox players in the 50 United States in 2024.

More details about the Xbox Mastercard can be found below:

With the Xbox Mastercard, players can earn card points for every $1 spent on purchases including:
  • Xbox & Microsoft – Earn 5x card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store.
  • Streaming Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible streaming services like Netflix and Disney+.
  • Dining Delivery Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible dining delivery services like Grubhub and DoorDash.
  • Everyday purchases – Earn 1x card points on all other everyday purchases.
Cardmembers will also get access to more benefits including:
  • A bonus of 5,000 card points (a $50 value) after their first purchase.
  • Three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Game Pass members after their first purchase. If they’re already a Game Pass member, they can easily gift it to a friend to play together.
  • Choice of one of five iconic designs for their card, with the option of personalizing it with their gamertag.
  • Flexibility of use with contactless payments and digital wallets.
  • Free online access to cardmembers’ FICO Credit Score, which allows users to keep an eye on their credit score and receive alerts when their score has changed.
  • $0 Fraud Liability protection, so cardmembers are not responsible for charges they didn’t authorize.

:arrow: SOURCE

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just Nintendo who's missing of the big three to release their own CC. 😑
I want them to actually bring back a Club Nintendo :cry:
Fuck that "My Nintendo" shit, we want a real club nintendo :cry:

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5x points on eligible Microsoft Store purchases. Spend $1000, get $50 in points. How generous. LOL! Even less outside of MS purchases. Plus the interest. I don't see them doing any no interest if paid in 6-12 months deals. Rip off card. If a person wants a credit card, they can get a better offer elsewhere.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's why i only use debit cards if the money isn't in the bank account than it won't work
Having it [money] across 2-3 different bank accounts and stored physically works in people's favor if they need it right there and then.

People now are saying that using their face or palm is more convenient than cash or a card. If anything, that's an even bigger privacy issue.

Reactions: Gon Freecss

The_Monado_Satyr

Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States

Yes, you've read the title right: Microsoft has announced a no annual fee Xbox-branded credit card in partnership with Mastercard. However, there's more than the Xbox logo to this credit card as it allows users to earn card points with everyday purchases that can be used to redeem on games and add-ons at xbox.com. The Xbox Mastercard will be available exclusively to Xbox Insiders in the 50 United States beginning on September 21. Its availability will expand to all Xbox players in the 50 United States in 2024.

More details about the Xbox Mastercard can be found below:

:arrow: SOURCE
Weird but actually useful. NGL it's like a ross credit card

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
that's why i only use debit cards if the money isn't in the bank account than it won't work

As stupid as it may sound, buying on a CC can actually be better than cash/debit.

Where I live at least, you get more protection over debit purchases.

The general advice I've heard in the past is to buy on credit and then pay the bill ASAP to avoid any fees, made easier these days with apps/web banking.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A store opening up a credit card is like an arsonist selling stoves. They're disasters waiting to happen that only benefit the already well-off.

This is just "whaling" in a new coat.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a credit card mainly for one thing, online purchases.

Also, these kind of credit card are a way for credit companies to make money off your back. The only way to not give them your money, is to ONLY use it if you can refund it immediatly after a purchase AND you actually do it right after.

I've ordered a second credit card for this purpose (it's a tim hortons credit card). It has a very high interest rate, but i get so many point out of it IF I use, and I only do if i have the money to refund it right after the purchase, when I'm eating.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to just point out a slight misconception some have. Not all credit accounts are bad. I have several, but they all offer zero interest on purchases if paid in full by xx amount of time, PLUS cash back. No interest and cash back (regardless of it being a quite small amount) is still free $ just for using one of my accounts. Also the added benefit of having an outstanding credit score. As stated before, this card is junk. If you want a card, look elsewhere :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto