Xbox Games Pass starts June 1

381e76db-9cd7-47ea-b338-2901124d8a1d.jpg

With the advent of Sony's popular PlayStation Now service, Microsoft is more than willing to get in on some of that revenue. Already announced back in February, Xbox Game Pass will allow subscribers to pay a flat monthly fee in order to play a catalog of Xbox games. The biggest differing factor from PS Now and Game Pass is that instead of streaming the game to your console, you can download the game to your system, as if you own it. Costing 9.99 USD a month, you'll be able to choose from a monthly revolving door of Xbox One and Xbox 360 game titles, such as the first 3 Gears of War games, Bioshock, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Mad Max, Halo 5, and more. Any of the games currently in that month's catalog will also get 20% discounts, if one wants to purchase the title for permanent access. The service will start on June 1, and will also offer a 14-day free trial to all Xbox One owners. You can see a full list of the games below at the source. It's not clear whether this will ever come to PC much like PS Now, but the end of the promo video shows a very specific "Only on Xbox One" logo.

US: $9.99
- CA: $11.99
- EU: €9.99
- UK: £7.99
- AU: $10.95
- RU: 599 ₽
- CL: $6.990
- CO: $25.900
- HK: $79
- PL: 39.99 zł

:arrow: Source

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still own them as long as you are subscribing, they are only going to add to them each months. We will wait and see if they are honest about not removing games from the service

It does not work like playstation plus games. Seems like you think it does. Some games are going to be removed each month. Once they are removed, you can't play them anymore unless you have bought them. doesn't matter if you installed them. Microsoft made this perfectly clear during the beta test for it and within the emails they sent out to gold members. I know people are thinking they can just keep their system offline til they finish a title after the 30 days, but those people would be wrong. Digital titles on the xbox one, require a reconnection to xbox live servers on your main/home console after 30-48 days. While any other console aka your non-main/homeless require a consent connection for games. essentially each hidden license for a game has a mini timer that counts down to to when you need to reconnect. I am 100% sure the same goes for the game pass titles.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work like playstation plus games. Seems like you think it does. Some games are going to be removed each month. Once they are removed, you can't play them anymore unless you have bought them. doesn't matter if you installed them. Microsoft made this perfectly clear during the beta test for it and within the emails they sent out to gold members. I know people are thinking they can just keep their system offline til they finish a title after the 30 days, but those people would be wrong. Digital titles on the xbox one, require a reconnection to xbox live servers on your main/home console after 30-48 days. While any other console aka your non-main/homeless require a consent connection for games. essentially each hidden license for a game has a mini timer that counts down to to when you need to reconnect. I am 100% sure the same goes for the game pass titles.

If you watch phil spencer's interview with ign, he said he will not remove any games from the service unless there is like a big reason for removing the game like a copyright reason. He essentially said "I do not expect to remove any game once it is in there, but I had to make a disclaimer because I do not predict what third party developers may do with their titles". Unless they changed their mind, it seems it is going to be like playstation now where they add new games all the time without removing games that are already there. but we will wait and see if Microsoft is honest. But I get your point about the games being timer based rather than subscription based.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Those of us in the beta program where given a free month of this prior to it going live.
I heard about that. but didn't you guys get only gears of war and sunset overdrive

Reactions: chartube12

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you watch phil spencer's interview with ign, he said he will not remove any games from the service unless there is like a big reason for removing the game like a copyright reason. He essentially said "I do not expect to remove any game once it is in there, but I had to make a disclaimer because I do not predict what third party developers may do with their titles". Unless they changed their mind, it seems it is going to be like playstation now where they add new games all the time without removing games that are already there. but we will wait and see if Microsoft is honest. But I get your point about the games being timer based rather than subscription based.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard about that. but didn't you guys get only gears of war and sunset overdrive
I messed around with it for a little bit when it was offered to me. I think there was like 30+ or something can't remember. What I do remember though is , none of the titles interested me. I think I downloaded one title then deleted it.
The beta program is still open. You'll get early access to anything new that Micrsoft will offer in the future.

Reactions: kingtut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.