Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division (home to Xbox, PC games and Zune) posted a profit of $165 million during in its latest Q3 Fiscal report.

The company confirmed that during Q3 1.5 million Xbox 360 consoles were shipped compared with 1.7 million at this time last year, this now sets the told at around 40 Million sold worldwide.

“While our software attach rate continued to lead the industry at 8.8 [games per console], first party software revenue declined based on difficult comparisons to the prior year launch of Halo Wars,” said Bill Koefoed, Microsoft’s head of investor relations.

“This was substantially offset by the continuing strong revenue and membership growth of Xbox LIVE.”
Source.

Grats'

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how many of them sales did this though?
tongue.gif

rrodboxtan.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

*pic*

Newer Xbox 360 models have a much lesser chance of being Red Ringed. It was a production flaw in earlier models. IIRC, Jasper models and onwards have the issue fixed.

Congrats I guess, I do like my Xbox quite a bit, it's good to see it has sold relatively well.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More important is that:

From the day the 360 launched till now, the PS2 outsold it by 10 million systems.. 50 million ps2s vs 40 million 360s..

Launch dates aligned, the Ps3 has outsold the Xbox 360 every single year.. Being popular worldwide makes a huge difference..

Even with microsofts 1 year head start, the PS3 is only 4 million systems behind worldwide.. 36 Million PS3s sold vs 40 million 360s sold..

Plus the fact that 5+ million of those 360s are either RROD, Banned, etc.. lots of replacement consoles..

Interesting report none the less..

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
didn't ms admit some of those numbers included models that were sent out in place of the rrod's that were sent in not too long ago?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

*pic*

Newer Xbox 360 models have a much lesser chance of being Red Ringed. It was a production flaw in earlier models. IIRC, Jasper models and onwards have the issue fixed.

yeah right.

and so begins the fanboy-ism

nobody can argue that the early models were poorly built (i had one that eventually red ringed, then died of E74 soon later) still doesn't mean i didn't buy another so i can pirate on it.

but heck, MS have done a good job with the game development side i suppose

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations Microsoft! I helped them make that Milestone, I bought 3 Xbox 360
tongue.gif
. I bought my first Xbox and broke it by trying to hack it.(I took it apart and totally fucked it up, hahaha) Then my brother bought one, and I wanted another so I could play some GTA 4 with him. (Yes, 2 copies of GTA 4 was annoying to buy) You're welcome Microsoft! Three sells adds up.
laugh.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Thoob said:
solarsaturn9 said:
probably because of FFXIII...
glare.gif
Any self-respecting FF fan has a PS3.
this...i bought FFXIII for PS3 because i use my 360 as my dust collector so my table doesn't get dirty lol

That's just mean, I prefer 360 (all my friends use it) and would never let a PS3 gain dust. lol

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
syko5150 said:
Thoob said:
solarsaturn9 said:
probably because of FFXIII...
glare.gif
Any self-respecting FF fan has a PS3.
this...i bought FFXIII for PS3 because i use my 360 as my dust collector so my table doesn't get dirty lol

That's just mean, I prefer 360 (all my friends use it) and would never let a PS3 gain dust. lol
lol i know but in all seriousness i do like 360 its just theres not really any games out for it at the moment that i want i'm not really a huge fan of First Person Shooters i prefer Third Person Shooters like Uncharted so for now i'll stick with PS3 since im bored of 360 and Wii and not really into the handheld scene as much at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.