Homebrew Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

Lysogenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I'm seeing one of the subfolders within the /install folder - but only the one.

Edit: Yeah, no idea what is going on. Sometimes the one folder will pop up, sometimes none, but never am I able to cycle between folders.

Last edited by Lysogenesis,

Bicet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having problems installing the 8bit hero USA on a EUR wiiu.
Basically it won't install. I will check later and let you know the error code.
Is there someone else having problem installing out of region games?

[UPDATE]I'm totally stupid so sorry for such a question. I've installed the game on redNAND and then try to reinstall another version from CFW.
As soon as I removed the rednand version of 8bit it installed perfectly.[/UPDATE]

A small contribution as a mac user if a folder doesn't appear
Copy your game(s) to the install folder.
When the copy is finished fire up the terminal and copy-paste

Code:
sudo find /Volumes/[sdname] -name '.*' -type f -delete
replace [sdname] with the name of your sd and remove all brackets
this will delete all . files and the folder should reappear on wup installer

Last edited by Bicet,
Reactions: Deleted User

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird problem. I use two drives: a 1TB USB HDD for Wii U games and a 64GB microSD with a USB adapter for Wii games, hidden to the system with UStealth so it doesn't prompt me to remove one of the two. So far, so good. But whenever I try to install somewith with WUP Installer to my USB drive, I have to remove the microSD, or else I get a "no USB device connected" error.

I have to assume that this is because WUP Installer is "seeing" the UStealthed microSD via USB. Would it be possible to somehow also hide this drive from WUP Installer as well?

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
@Yardape8000 would there be any chance of making use of installing to any USB Socket on the wiiu. I noticed last night I had my hdd connected to the two front sockets and it would not install only if they are connected to the back but config tool will install on any socket.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Yardape8000 would there be any chance of making use of installing to any USB Socket on the wiiu. I noticed last night I had my hdd connected to the two front sockets and it would not install only if they are connected to the back but config tool will install on any socket.

I just installed a few games using the front USB ports with no issue (except for what I mentioned in my previous post).

flipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, now I'm seeing one of the subfolders within the /install folder - but only the one.

Edit: Yeah, no idea what is going on. Sometimes the one folder will pop up, sometimes none, but never am I able to cycle between folders.

I was having the same issues as you do, when I figured out the problem was with the hidden MAC files .DS_Store.
Once I remove them, I was able to cycle between directories as expected.

Lysogenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issues as you do, when I figured out the problem was with the hidden MAC files .DS_Store.
Once I remove them, I was able to cycle between directories as expected.

Thanks a bunch flipy. I remember coming across this problem about a year ago with something regards to the PS3 - but totally forgot in the moment. Saved my bacon!

victorhidalgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings friends, I have problems with the gamepad of the wii u.

Please the developers could give you support to use the wii controller?

kokkie20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first i want to thank you for this wonderfull release.
Then i got a problem that i just can't figure out what i am doing wrong.
I got a sd card with homebrew 1.4 i believe and your version of wupinstaller y 1.3
I also have rednand (to install the dlc stuff)
Installer works perfect, no problems with that, except for 1 part.
As soon as i remove my sd card, and add new games to it (and plug it back into the wii-u). And as soon as i press Y it freezes to white/greyish screen when it reset (to install new game) and have to hard reset the wii to get back to it.
Got any idea why this happens?
Thank you :)

Last edited by kokkie20,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed a few games using the front USB ports with no issue (except for what I mentioned in my previous post).
You have solved it for me. I was doing exactly the same as your previous post I had my vwii usb in the back port so it must of been reading that instead of the hdd in the front ports, so you need to remove the one from the back port before installing to the hdd. Thanks, I agree that would be very handy as well to be able to hide the vwii usb adapter from the back port on installing.

Edit: By the way I never saw your comment up above before I wrote mine, quite a coincidence really we both had the same problem at the same time, literally minutes apart!

Last edited by Reecey,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep getting the error 0xFFFBF442.

Trying to install Kirby Mass Attack DS VC using my own Ticket extracted via tik2sd. Want to make sure it is possible in the event that I want to reverse Haxchi without eShop access.

I've tried getting the encrypted NUS content via FunKiiU, NUSTool, and elsewhere and I keep getting running into this error (even with Sig Patches on, but as I understand it if I'm using my own Ticket I shouldn't need them?)

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep getting the error 0xFFFBF442.

Trying to install Kirby Mass Attack DS VC using my own Ticket extracted via tik2sd. Want to make sure it is possible in the event that I want to reverse Haxchi without eShop access.

I've tried getting the encrypted NUS content via FunKiiU, NUSTool, and elsewhere and I keep getting running into this error (even with Sig Patches on, but as I understand it if I'm using my own Ticket I shouldn't need them?)

I'm having the same issue.
Legit eshop tickets are 696 bytes and stop at 0x2B7 but the downloaded ones are 848 bytes and stop at 0x34F. Is this what is causing the error?

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leeful I saw your comment in the tik2sd thread and that's my only guess at this point. I'm only using my own Ticket so far as I'd rather not muck up my SysNAND with bad tickets and screw things up/brick when I'm simply trying to ensure I have a backup of the DS VC in case I ever need it.

I'm using the Ticket spliced so that it only includes the correct number of bytes (696), so if that's the cause that would be why.

Reactions: Leeful

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leeful I saw your comment in the tik2sd thread and that's my only guess at this point. I'm only using my own Ticket so far as I'd rather not muck up my SysNAND with bad tickets and screw things up/brick when I'm simply trying to ensure I have a backup of the DS VC in case I ever need it.

I'm using the Ticket spliced so that it only includes the correct number of bytes (696), so if that's the cause that would be why.
I replied in the tik2sd thread, but I'll mention it here as well: Make sure that only the legit ticket for that title exists under rights/ticket/apps, remove title.tik from the install directory, and install the title using a wupinstaller that doesn't specifically look for there to be a ticket in the install directory. (wupclient.py worked for me)

Reactions: Leeful and d4mation

YellowHoneyBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, i'm having some trouble with Pokken Tournament. Whenever i try to install it it gives me the error "MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2 Confirm complete WUP Files are in the folder. Try Power down." I've tried everything, switched the cluster size on my SD card, i have the newest version of WUP Installer Y, I downloaded the game from two different places, and i even tried installing it on both Wii U system memory and the USB and still no luck. What's really weird is that every game installed before worked perfectly fine. This is the only one giving me trouble. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Last edited by YellowHoneyBear,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having some trouble with Pokken Tournament.<snip>This is the only one giving me trouble.
Please confirm that you've followed the first post, and that you haven't left the accented character in the folder name.

Put the multiple update folders in the install folder like this:
install/game 1
install/game 2
install/game 2 update
install/game that is [2] awesome
etc...
Do not use special characters such as ™ ® é

Last edited by nexusmtz,

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I used the latest version of this along with the sigpatcher2sysmenu app, and every time I try and install New Super Mario Bros U. It gives me the error 0xFFFBF440, and says "Verify WUP files are correct and complete. DLC/E-shop require sig patch"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.