Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, trying now. When you're running on 67kbps it's not fun having to redownload 700 megabytes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, I'm not sure that I did this correctly. It seems to be redownloading all the files from nintendo's servers.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, trying now. When you're running on 67kbps it's not fun having to redownload 700 megabytes.

Hmm, I'm not sure that I did this correctly. It seems to be redownloading all the files from nintendo's servers.

Quit it, look where it was putting stuff, then copy the files you have into there.
You might have to match the case, I use all upper-case hex.

Reactions: Onion_Knight

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yeah. It was checking my Downloads folder for the files, instead of where I had moved the script to. Appears to be working, thanks!

Well, I tried using WUPInstaller to update it, and I ended up with Error: 0x00000000. Any idea about this one?

Reactions: ajd4096

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried using WUPInstaller to update it, and I ended up with Error: 0x00000000. Any idea about this one?

I read on some posts that that was normal and to let it sit for an hour or so, but whenever I got that error I let it sit overnight and all I ended up with was corrupted data that I had to delete in data management. The build of WUPinstaller I uploaded earlier (local hosted on XAMPP) would get back to home menu then freeze the system. After an hour I hard reset and update was good.

Last edited by skalienx,

annoyingcalc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes no sense. I know for sure that the update was not installed beforehand, but after getting the 0x00000000 after about 15 seconds I turned the console off, assuming I had done something wrong. I went to data management to check for corrupted data, but I found the full update installed. The game runs with the update just fine, and I'm confused. That was a 650mb update. What could have happened?

g00gly0eyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting the wupinstaller to work. I open up the browser, go to the site, and the TV goes black and my gamepad freezes. I tried this so many times, but always the same result of black screen. I tried opening a lot of tabs with a lot of images and such and quitting to the home screen, and restarting, but always black screen when trying the website. What can I do?

edit: got it to work, I had to delete my internet browser save data completely before it would work for me.

Last edited by g00gly0eyes,

pronomatser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After spooofing can i still bring my wiiu back to its original state? What exactly does the permant spoof means?

I ask this because im thinking about getting Mario kart 8 retail disc to play online and get al the updates. It sounds very attractive.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been avoiding asking this question, because I know it has to be answered somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it.

So I am on 5.3.2, and the spoof is permanent, what are the negatives and cons to having a permanently spoofed Wii u?

I've been thinking about that too, I think it is still unclear and there isn't definitely answer yet

It's better to wait for more safer/reliable solution like emuNAND

Reactions: pronomatser

pronomatser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think a negative is the risk to get banned permenantly.
But what i mean is without the spoof , 5.3.2 is nice because nothing is installed and its just like original, but hows this with the spoof? Lets say u spoofed it and u want to sell it after that. The buyer thinks he buys an original wiiu, will he notice?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think a negative is the risk to get banned permenantly.
But what i mean is without the spoof , 5.3.2 is nice because nothing is installed and its just like original, but hows this with the spoof? Lets say u spoofed it and u want to sell it after that. The buyer thinks he buys an original wiiu, will he notice?
The spoof isn't a modified file. It's simply that you are updating only one of the system files, the one that determines your system version identifier.
If you wanted to sell your WiiU in the future, all you would do is initiate a full update so all files are on the same version.

Last edited by Kakkoii,
Reactions: pronomatser

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not so quite sure. There might be a risk that Nintendo will permaban either the console or the NintendoID maybe even both. We can't be 100% sure that Nintendo is not capable of reading the consoles logfiles even with DNS-blocked update servers. The PS3 for example was sending the logs in some kind of preboot mode before the XMB was even booted up.

I had a similar experience when I made a FW Spoof on my PS3 back then and Sony banned not only the console but permabanned my PSN-ID. All my purchased games and Singstar Titles for almost 1000€ were lost.

I didn't use any USB Loader or anything. I just wanted to keep my LINUX (OtherOS) and my Emulators (RetroArch) and Online Connectivity for my Singstar Store and Indie-Games.

So I payed a high price for this.
I'll for sure stick to 5.3.2 without Spoof, even if this means that I can't use the eShop or my NintendoID at the moment. Better safe than sorry.

Greets, CableLeecher.

BTW: Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

Last edited by CableLeecher,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update didn't download correctly. Ran into the same issue myself. The numbered files there should have extensions like .app or .h3 (usually one of each), then you should have 3 title files (title.cert, title.tik, title.tdm). Try using New NUSgrabber do download the update. I kept getting an error at the very end of the download, something like "an unexpected error occurred" but the update was still good. After I had the update downloaded right, it took me several nights to get a build of WUPinstaller that worked for me. I am on 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1 and was trying to update SSB. This is the only installer build that worked (for SSB and Splatoon preinstalled on my sys) and it only took about 1 hr to update SSB...
Finally! A working WUP installer for my 5.4 spoofed to 5.5.1. No error 0x0000000 woohoo! Thanks a ton @skalienx!

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: skalienx

Vladislov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not got this to work. Tried the method stated in the "Common problems" and the mobile share thing. Losing hope here...

Edit: DONE! The only websited that works to me is wiiu.91wii.com

I've tried for three hours: always black screen! I've tried local host (nothing happen) and multiple websites. I don't know what to do more...
Yesterday I've passed two hours and finally loaded Loadiine GX2.
Wii U Eur 5.4 with Tubehax DNS

Worked 1st time!! Thank you!!!

Marty526

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has already been answered but I could not find any info on it. I have an old 5.5.1 console and a new 5.3.2 console. I have a disc version of Super Mario Maker and wanted to transfer my saves from my 5.5.1 to my new 5.3.2 (which is spoofed to 5.5.1) is this possible? Thanks in advance.

CactuarP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So is there a way to reduce the size of updates for WUPinstaller (like skipping languages or something)? I am an unfortunate user of an 8Gb console and now i can't play my legit copy of Smash online cause the latest update just wouldn't fit on the drive(also SSB method for loadiine doesn't work now, but thats a minor problem).

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So is there a way to reduce the size of updates for WUPinstaller (like skipping languages or something)? I am an unfortunate user of an 8Gb console and now i can't play my legit copy of Smash online cause the latest update just wouldn't fit on the drive(also SSB method for loadiine doesn't work now, but thats a minor problem).

Just get a SD-Card with a decent size and move all stuff (Lovefilm/Amazon etc. including) preinstalled games etc to the SD via Datamanagement in Systemsettings.

Cheers, CableLeecher

Last edited by CableLeecher,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, looking for some help.

Got the Smash 4 update, put it in my SD card, loaded the exploit just fine. But once I go back to WiiU menu, the screen went black, and shows "install OK."

Is there something I missed here?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh also, NUSgrabber doesn't seem to work properly.

Capture.PNG

AdamCoulthard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey there, looking for some help.

Got the Smash 4 update, put it in my SD card, loaded the exploit just fine. But once I go back to WiiU menu, the screen went black, and shows "install OK."

Is there something I missed here?

i have the same problem, Downloaded with NewNusgrabber, use decrypt and wiiu key, placed the downloaded files ( all of them) in install folder and boom install ok... freeze Martio kart 8 ( 5.3.2E) downloaded EUR NUS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep: