Download the NEW NUSGrabberGUI

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by FoxMcloud5655, Jan 20, 2016.

?

Do you like the design elements of the new NUSGrabberGUI?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2016.
  1. Yes!

67 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. Some, yes.

22 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. No.

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. CHANGE IT BACK!

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

FoxMcloud5655 GBATemp Developer

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    --------------- NEW-NUSGrabberGUI ---------------

UPDATE: A new hotfix is live; please redownload it from this post, as Dropbox decided to kill the Public folder.

Development of a new NUSGrabberGUI was suggested to me by members of the community over on the thread "The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking" created by fiveighteen. Since I wanted to help the community of hackers, I decided to go for it. Now, after months of development, the beta is here, and I will try my best to implement good suggestions. If you find any spelling or grammar (including spacing) issues, PLEASE tell me. It's one of my pet peeves. Also, you can now find the project's source code here: https://github.com/FoxMcloud5655/NEW-NUSGrabberGUI

An old screenshot of the program running:
    So, what can this program do for me?
    Where/How can I download it?
    What do I do if I'm not running a Windows installation?
    How do I operate this program?

If you have errors when you attempt to download or decrypt a title, then you probably need Visual C++ x86, which can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
    MAKE SURE YOU GET "x86", NOT "x64", EVEN IF YOUR SYSTEM IS 64-BIT!

If you have any other errors while running this program, you can PM me about them, open up an issue on GitHub (preferred method), or enable the debug feature yourself (if you know what you're doing) by renaming the .exe to NUSGrabberGUI, and attempt to deduce the problem and fix it yourself. (You can also rename it to NUtSGrabberGUI or DeezNUSGrabberGUI. Thanks, lonemoonHD... [If you're wondering where that came from, check my profile's status.])

The changelog can be found at this project's home on GitHub: https://github.com/FoxMcloud5655/NEW-NUSGrabberGUI/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

The versions that start with a 'v' are the versions that the wiki has. If there are versions for a particular title inside the versionlists, then that title will not have any 'v' style versions, and instead pull its versions from the compiled versionlist.

If you have questions about how to use/install the files gathered by the NUSgrabber (the command line version that my program calls) or have questions about NUSgrabber in general, then this site that crediar put together might prove useful to you: http://www.wupinstaller.com/

This program wouldn't have been possible without these people.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655, Mar 24, 2017
    cvskid, Ficus86, aljpn91 and 39 others like this.

2. ashio83

ashio83 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Sesspool UK
    Thanks dude, I grabbed it this morning and it works great!

Antonio Ricardo and GotKrypto67 like this.
  3. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Good! I'm glad. If you come across any bugs, let me know!

4. ashio83

ashio83 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Sesspool UK
    Will do, I'm just happy I can see the regions of the selected saves which I couldn't using Arndroid94's GUI v7.

5. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    That was the very first bug I fixed from the old GUI code :) It was just pulling from the wrong table on the wiki.

6. ashio83

ashio83 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Sesspool UK
    Well played squire, you've at least made things easier for one person and I'm sure many others.

7. pimp1310

pimp1310 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    by the try to download a update :

[​IMG]

8. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria

You don't have the command line version as well. It's a separate download, which I've included. Check the download spoiler again!

ashio83 likes this.
  9. ashio83

ashio83 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Sesspool UK
    As stated, you need the commandline version extracted to the root with NUSgrabberGUI.exe. You will get NUSgrabber.exe, wget.exe and vcruntime140.dll

10. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Thanks great work!

Q. is it possible to log the output to a txt file?
    Would be nice to check if something didn't downloa dpropper to look in it

Ow and tried the same as @pimp1310 no error like that (Windows 10 Pro 64bit)

11. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    There is no possible way (currently) with this version to do that. However, there are messages that will appear to tell you the status of things. If it's a problem with the command line side of things, then I definitely can't change that.

12. pimp1310

pimp1310 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    oh god, yes iam so stupid i don't see the other download link :O

okay a last question, i downloaded the latest update for cod ghost, and had now a bunch of files, ".app" & ".h3", how i instll this update ? easy copy to a directory on the sd card or how?

special thx, its the first time i update a game on this way.

13. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Dude, you're fine :) The easiest way is to use UWizard. It takes care of a lot of that hassle.

14. pimp1310

pimp1310 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    Gambia, The
    i try uwizzard, but it makes the same as your program? download the updates with the id ?!

but what must i do with the files i get by your programm to update the game?

15. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Put the files (*.app, *.h3, title.cert, title.tmd and title.tik) into a folder called install on your SD card (sd:/install), and then run WUP Installer on the Wii U, with your SD card inserted.
    (Info taken from WUP Installer thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-crediar-wiiu.397766/)

pimp1310 likes this.
  16. Deathwing Zero

Deathwing Zero GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2010
    Canada
    Can-uh-duh
    Is there any reason it forces itself as always on top?

17. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Yes. I figured it would be easier to work with it in the foreground, since it's a small program that you'd only use a few times. You could put it off to the side, and still see the progress of stuff, like when the versionlists are updating.

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    thanks for this new version, but just a thing : you should give it either a different name, or a version number, or something to differentiate it from the other program.
    it will be confusing when saying users to use "nusGrabber GUI" and they will say they already did, but they will talk about the wrong one.
    a lot of guides and posts here tells users to not use NUSGrabberGUI. that's bad for you if nobody uses it by fear of wrong behavior while this time it's fine.

Another suggestion : screenshot of the three tabs in the first post ;)

19. FoxMcloud5655
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    Thanks for the suggestions :) I really wanted to keep the name the same, but we'll see on that issue. Screenshot(s) would probably be good :)

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, a new version of my GUI is out, and the OP was updated.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655, Jan 20, 2016
  20. johnara

johnara Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    Greece
    Hello i am getting this , do i need to download something?

Attached Files: