Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
Soma Bringer with translation patch shows up as "DS Program File" (the game is working fine)
i can second that.

735 - Castlevania - Portrait Of Ruin (U)(Xenophobia) is working without freezing... i just finished the game and never got freezed even once

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
sniperdmaa said:
I need help about the Cheats.

What exactly is the cheat file used by Wood R4 Firmware?

And how I can enable and set it into a game?

Waiting for a reply,
Best regards and thanks!
USRCHEAT.dat
In game config menu

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
After the initial fiddling of getting cheats set to on(Could this be put so it's auto-on ?)
When you select the cheats you want, you have to Press X(Generate) and recreate the .cc file to save the cheats.

When you press Select on a Menu screen and you change the size of the text and icon and etc...
It doesn't keep this preference saved, whenever I turn off/and back on it reverts back to normal, whenever I save a setting it does the same.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
gameguy95 said:
Another World said:
List any Bug reports or Compatibility problems with Wood R4 in this thread.

Current version is Wood R4 v1.04 based on Wood R.P.G. v1.04
Release thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219894

I will try to keep this first post updated, and get this thread stickied.

-Another World
Pokemon HGSS save does not work:
Pokemon HeartGold (USA), R4 original, Wood R4 v1.04, 2GB microSD
i renamed all my saves to .nds.sav so they would work and when i load into wood r4 and load my Pokemon HGSS ROM, it keeps coming up with the menu that it gives you when you first start the game (control info, adventure info, no info)
Is it a clean rom? ^^
I think patched games change some stuff.
i have tried a clean game and patched with the rudolph fix. it does not work on either one

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
ok I fixed my initial wario ware problem by making room for the save.... I can save as many games as I like now , but I cant make comics or music.... the game doesnt let me open them and when I delete them it says they're corrupt xd

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
EJames2100 said:
When you press Select on a Menu screen and you change the size of the text and icon and etc...
It doesn't keep this preference saved, whenever I turn off/and back on it reverts back to normal, whenever I save a setting it does the same.

I agree, it needs to save the select setting, and view of text etc.

oyeah1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original R4 User:
Daigasso Band Brother DX works fine
wii connectivity to speaker channel for above game works flawlessly
About to test Pokemon Soul Silver (U) with (J) save.
Edit: IT WORKS! ^^

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
original R4 v2, with 2 gig kingston
upgrade from unofficial 1.24 ? kept the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat

booting to my slot 2 works fine, but boots it to nds mode, then switch it straight to gba mode and away ^__^

yu gi oh 2010 reverse of arcadia - (J) working and cheats working in game also =)
yu gi oh " " - (U) working (not tested cheats but presume would work too ((ps. think these two were patched)
yu gi oh 2009 5d's - (U) working and would presume codes do too (seeing as they worked before)
ragnarok DS (U) - working (BOOTS)
Phantasy star 0 (U) - working (BOOTS)
Nostalgia (U) - working (BOOTS)
infinite space (U) - working (BOOTS)

(when i say boot, not generally playing, just checking to see if it loads
happy.gif
eyez lazy lol..and will find out eventually anyways)

in general it seems to be loading pretty quick =) alot better than that unofficial 1.24
ysmenu never did work for me
frown.gif
didnt matter how many times or different ones i used, i could never get it working but this is pretty good so far
biggrin.gif

gunna have a proper test with lameboy and HG SS and platnum to see if thier working for me, i did leave a couple of files on the root of the SD card from the 1.24, as well as the moonshell files, pointless but i thought id mention it

^they work or BOOt as it is (including yeap lameboy as stated and PKmn crystal), but i need to sit down and start HG/SS as what..they were.....crashing like 30 mins in or so so ill test those two for that, and give platnum a run, save, then shutdown etc and make sure all saves are still thier etc (dont see this save thingy happening as i put all my YGO saves on from my acekard and thier all working and loading properly
smile.gif
all 30 k cards lol^

also when in the menu mine doesnt crash if you make the DS sleep :S
ill post more as i do it
biggrin.gif

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@kamryn

yea that card is the same as what iv got, its a v2 as it doesnt have a nasty spring that breaks and then the sd card keeps popping out
smile.gif

but woooooooow
ohmy.gif
i remember paying 28£ for mine (round 40$) and thats only 5$ (that equals to like 3£ for me
ohmy.gif
) so not cool >,> guess its becuase its a dying, but obviously still strong
wink.gif
breed lol

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a bug with the cheats. For any game I activate the DS screen brightness code to increase or decrease while in-game. The moment I press L+R+Select the game crashes/freezes. So far i've tested this on Sands of Destruction (U) and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey (U).

Can anybody confirm this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU