Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

  • Thread starter Thread starter Another World
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 314,512
  • Replies Replies 893
  • Likes Likes 2
Mmmm, I activate the cheats, yet they don't work. What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Nvm, solved. I had to turn the option to activate cheats on the settings xP
 
R4 Wood 1.05-No Intro #
4376 - Rabbids Go Home (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl) (NDSi Enhanced) = White Screen

Changed save type to 1mb (as required), disabled soft reset...Still doesn't work.
 
I'm using a trimmed ROM... I'll try that later z.g, thank you
wink.gif
 
So far wood v1.05 seems to be working with titles that, by all rights, should not be running on my DSlite...like bejeweled twist is working...that's a DSi ware game, so it shouldn't work at all, afaik
tongue.gif
avatar works great, mlb 2k10, sonic & sega racing, etc. all work, as well, which I am really excited about!!!! The update to v1.05 even fixed my issues with WarioWare DIY that I had with video lag in v1.04. However, rabbids go home still does not work. This is the only game I have found that still won't work with the firmware. Everything else plays from clean, un-patched dumps great!!!
 
lightyear said:
So far wood v1.05 seems to be working with titles that, by all rights, should not be running on my DSlite...like bejeweled twist is working...that's a DSi ware game, so it shouldn't work at all, afaik
tongue.gif
avatar works great, mlb 2k10, sonic & sega racing, etc. all work, as well, which I am really excited about!!!! The update to v1.05 even fixed my issues with WarioWare DIY that I had with video lag in v1.04. However, rabbids go home still does not work. This is the only game I have found that still won't work with the firmware. Everything else plays from clean, un-patched dumps great!!!
really? it still lags for me...=/ wonder why...
 
i've tried v1.5 but i noticed in Mario and Sonic Winter Games you can't even go to Adventure Tours at all, i'm using a patched rom if it makes any difference, other than that it runs exactly like v1.4 to me so i'm back to using that
frown.gif
i hope this will be fixed and probably fix the Icepeak bug cause v1.4 still can't get past that while other cards can including DSTT now!

bekar said:
Seriously, the first thing that needs to be done is using .sav instead of .nds.sav

i fully agree, since i keep YSMenu in case i ever need it and now i have to make two save files for each game!

Edit: while we're at it, probably it's nothing to complain about but i'm using a patched rom for Puyo Pop 15th Anniversary English Translation http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81901 but the icon shows it as untitled game, both YSMenu and the original R4 Firmware showed the icon right, here's a photo for comparison:

puyopop.jpg


sorry for bad quality but i only had my mobile to take the photos!
 
sonictopfan said:
i've tried v1.5 but i noticed in Mario and Sonic Winter Games you can't even go to Adventure Tours at all, i'm using a patched rom if it makes any difference
patched roms isnt' supported.
 
One bug I noticed, when I change firmwares to custom acekard firmwares, they do work but the time and date dosen't show :\ Not THAT important, but I hope it can be fixed.
 
sonictopfan said:
bekar said:
Seriously, the first thing that needs to be done is using .sav instead of .nds.sav

i fully agree, since i keep YSMenu in case i ever need it and now i have to make two save files for each game!



I believe you could change the file type that YSmenu uses from .sav to .nds.sav by changing the YSMenu.ini .
Change this
CODE; Extension of Save (use .sav usually)
EXT_SAV=.sav

into this
CODE
; Extension of Save (use .sav usually)
EXT_SAV=.nds.sav
No need for two sav files anymore.
 
Also for easy renaming of your old sav files just open a command line on the directory where your saves are and type
"rename *.sav *.nds.sav"
 
flamingo24 said:
R4 Wood 1.05-No Intro #
4376 - Rabbids Go Home (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl) (NDSi Enhanced) = White Screen

Changed save type to 1mb (as required), disabled soft reset...Still doesn't work.

I can confirm this, same problem here
 
Hey ive got a big problem i cant access settings or basicly do anything
i can only just find my rom files and be able to play them
 
Mr.Mysterio said:
I believe you could change the file type that YSmenu uses from .sav to .nds.sav by changing the YSMenu.ini .
Change this
CODE; Extension of Save (use .sav usually)
EXT_SAV=.sav

into this
CODE; Extension of Save (use .sav usually)
EXT_SAV=.nds.sav

No need for two sav files anymore.

hey i didn't know it's possible, i've tried it and it works like a charm, now i don't need to keep two save files, thanks Mr.Mysterio!

QUOTE(Crocker @ Apr 17 2010, 01:46 AM) Hey ive got a big problem i cant access settings or basicly do anything
i can only just find my rom files and be able to play them

press Start to view the menu!
 
Is it possible to support Opera Browser(UnPatched ver.) in future version of Wood R4?
And support every Expansion pack from slot-2 for Opera Browser.

Thanks and sorry for my English.
 
NDStemp said:
Can someone confirm for me if Wood R4 1.05 works online? I heard that you can't play with people with real copies of this game.
I don't see any possability how this could happen. Wood R4 is a firmware that runs off a flash cart that emulates NDS game as if it was the real cart. So far I played Soul Silver and D.I.Y and no problems, but now i'm wondering who you heard that from?
 
DaDownloadMan said:
cheats for all of my games does not work.
You have to activate the cheats on settings. Start -> Settings, and scroll right or left via those [] buttons. You'll eventually see something like Cheat AR, and it will be off.

Either that, or you don't have a .dat file with the cheats.


And here's my question: Is it possible to make it so that the firmware accepts images for themes above 16bit? The original R4 could accept any size of .bmp making it much easier to make custom themes.
 

Site & Scene News