Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattpucc said:
Calendar on top screen doesn't work on Acekard 2 themes. Only the ones that came on there work.
This is incorrect information
lecture.gif
They work fine - you are not setting the theme files/folders up correctly.

Original R4DS - Incompatible (?) - SpongeBob's Boating Bash (DSi enhanced) - white screens.

Iggizaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You don't need to include DOWN in the ingame soft-reset.

So its just L+R+START+SELECT. It won't always work though, because some games don't even include ingame soft-reset.

Anyway, the DSi (U) Alice in Wonderland works fine on wood.

boohoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye, big problem. My saves all got wiped when i tryed it today. Was working fine last night. Thank god i backed them up.

Btw using original R4

HellBoyX1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgire.com
XP
Country
Saves have to be converted to .nds.sav as the original R4 used .sav only

I am not having any Lag problems with WarioWare DIY

Bejewled Twist - OK
Sonic Classic Collection - OK
Yu-Gi-Oh! 2010 - OK
Pokemon HG(E) - OK

I just can't seem to launch GBA from the menu- Just gives me a white screen

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
List any Bug reports or Compatibility problems with Wood R4 in this thread.

Current version is Wood R4 v1.04 based on Wood R.P.G. v1.04
Release thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219894

I will try to keep this first post updated, and get this thread stickied.

-Another World
Pokemon HGSS save does not work:
Pokemon HeartGold (USA), R4 original, Wood R4 v1.04, 2GB microSD
i renamed all my saves to .nds.sav so they would work and when i load into wood r4 and load my Pokemon HGSS ROM, it keeps coming up with the menu that it gives you when you first start the game (control info, adventure info, no info)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wario ware D.I.Y deleted some of my comics and music
frown.gif

other then that, games work fine.

ps. it's a pain turning off my ds again and again to change my skins. and is it possible to move the .cc files to a separate folder when made?

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine crashes too sometimes when I close the DSLite (Using an original R4DS). Also, you can change from Flash:/ to SD:/ by pressing X (I know the flash is referring to the R.P.G), but I don't know if that would cause any problems or not. Another thing, how do you add games to the favorites menu?

Sabin10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes sure... What do you smoke?

The original "CLEAN" european game dont work, so please, stop to talk for nothing
1st of April is passed
closedeyes.gif

I just downloaded a clear EUR version of the rom after putting this firmware on my R4 and it works 100%. I suggest checking YOUR version of the rom because I am playing right now.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
All of my saves and games work. That includes Pokemon HG/SS, Shin Megami Tensei and others. Using original R4.

Feels good, man.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
When I use other themes (other than the default ones with wood r4) the meu doesn't work on some of them and the calendar doesn't work on any of them.

When you say put some files in a "calandar" folder, where do you put the "calander" folder? in "UI"?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
When I use other themes (other than the default ones with wood r4) the meu doesn't work on some of them and the calendar doesn't work on any of them.

When you say put some files in a "calandar" folder, where do you put the "calander" folder? in "UI"?

in the same folder as the skin?
wtf.gif

LoveOrDisaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the firmware and placed it on my R4, Played Pokémon Soul silver right from choosing your starter to doing the elite 4 for a second time. Didn't crash once for me : D.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
R4Liam said:

in the same folder as the skin?
wtf.gif
ok...in the "UI" folder you have folders that are labeled what your themes are, and in those folders are files that are the actual theme. in the folder where the theme files are you create another folder called calendar and put 4 files: clock_colon.bmp, clock_numbers.bmp, day_numbers.bmp, year_numbers.bmp in that folder. and from there it should work...

EDIT: grammar

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have R4-III Upgrade. Closest I've gotten to it loading is the Loading... screen. I tried decrypting his DS_MENU file and the menu worked, but looked crappy and said it couldn't access SD card...

Edit: Just learned that the website for this is www.r4dsl.net

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calender works fine for me, using a custom theme I got off the acekard site. Date and time all working.

DIY doesn't lag for me but I haven't played it much.

For those who are renaming saves to add .nds and it still doesn't work, you might have hidden extensions and are naming it .nds.sav.sav accidently, try removing the .sav and just keeping it with .nds but make sure windows still thinks its a .sav file, otherwise you deleted the actual .sav at the end in which case you didn't have hidden extensions and it should have been working anyway.

EDIT: Boot Slot 2 also not working for me, 2 white screens so its as universal thing. But the EZ Flash 3 in 1 boots fine when running it straight from the regular NDS menu as a GBA game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs