Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

markh78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soft brick as well with error message saying contact customer support, after seemingly successful downgrade process.
Unit: 10.6j new 3DS
Entry point: Cubic Ninja
MD5 for 9.2 files are checked, deleted 000400102002CA00 from update.

Well, I guess I'm not really in a hurry to downgrade just yet since I own Cubic Ninja for general homebrew.
What's really frustrating is all the folder information was lost in the process, now I need to sort everything again (and I have tons of DL software)

Gil_PL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend tried downgrade 10.3U to 9.2U and got softbrick 3 times, the last attempt he simply removed the SD card in 1 second after sysupdater restart. only then was downgraded successfully without softbrick. :blink:

edit: sysupdater install all cia's with no any errors, and after restarting got black screen error.

Last edited by Gil_PL,
D

Deleted User

Weird Still stops after reaching a certain point in recovery mode, Any other Ideas?
Are you able to update without a DNS set or are you already trapped in recovery mode? If possible I would try and set your router to use the google DNS. That's really all I can tell you to do. Sorry. :/

Hide616

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded with old 3ds cia files instead of the new 3ds cia files lol lesson learned already have the replacement.

kloklojul

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Downgraded one 10.6 and one 10.5 n3ds both EU. The 10.6 downgraded just fine but the 10.5 which appears to hardbricked (with an errormessage in the sysupdater at a specific cia). It boots into the normal systemenu i see it for a second but gets an error message telling me to contact the support rightafterwards. I get a blackscreen when trying to get into the recovery mode. Is there any hope or can i throw it away ?

twocows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the Tubehax DNS before doing anything, as you won't be able to update from recovery if anything happens.
From what I've heard, you can get around this simply by going out of range of that connection or shutting your router off; if the 3DS can't find any of the stored connections, supposedly it lets you set up a new one. I've had one person tell me they were successful in restoring a Tubehax'd softbrick doing this after I suggested it to them. I've never softbricked myself, so I wouldn't know.

Gamwhiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also a softbrick victim, particularly frustrating as this exact thing happened a few months back when I tried it using my Ironhax entrypoint, forcing me to upgrade to 10.5.

Unit: 10.5U old 3ds
Entry Point: Menuhax

Grabbed USA 9.2U payload for old3ds, ran it through the safe updater, got the all-clear, updated through the most recent system updater build, everything succeeded, pressed b to restart, comes up with the "error has occured, visit support.nintendo.com, blah blah blah".

Same thing happened last time around, figured the safe updater would save me this time but no dice. Removing SD card does nothing, removing SD card partway through boot does nothing, removing all the MenuHax payloads + folder 0000008f does nothing, removing SD card with said files removed partway through boot does nothing, going into recovery mode then rebooting while jumping through all the aforementioned hoops in sequence does nothing. If there's something I'm missing I'm all ears, as I'd really prefer not to have to recover back to latest firmware if at all possible - not going to grab cubic ninja or fuck with my OOT saves with someone else's console, it's just too much of a pain in the dick.

E; tried copying all files off the SD card, formatting it, putting them back on, and trying again while doing the whole put in, take out, go to recovery (and shake it all about) dance. Nada.

Last edited by Gamwhiz,

Monody

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
N3DS here,

1st attempt:

Menuhax
Sysupdate ( had to reset a lot of time due to it freezing , so took like 4 hours )
Update was successful but black screen on boot - assumed soft bricked so I went into recovery mode to get to 10.7

** I didn't try out this step which was to remove the SD card after updating as it wasn't shown in the guides I've read so it 'might' have not been soft bricked? **

2nd attempt:

Ninhax
Safesysupdate
Successful downgraded without any hiccups.

Last edited by Monody,

jman0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3ds 10.7
Downgrade finished successfully, wouldn't restart so I force reset it
Didn't boot without the card (didn't read that until after)
Soft brick, got to recovery mode but now I'm stuck on 11.0

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moral of the story, make sure you are absolutely sure you have the right stuff before downgrading. Also think when you downgrade that you have basically made it your fault if your system bricks :P

I'm lucky since I have never had a brick, and I downgraded a lot of console.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Moral of the story, make sure you are absolutely sure you have the right stuff before downgrading. Also think when you downgrade that you have basically made it your fault if your system bricks :P

I'm lucky since I have never had a brick, and I downgraded a lot of console.
Nope. Not necessarily your fault. Some users are unlucky and have incompatible data. Which is why a format before downgrading is highly recommended. Many don't want to do so though.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Not necessarily your fault. Some users are unlucky and have incompatible data. Which is why a format before downgrading is highly recommended. Many don't want to do so though.
K then, just do a lot of research and ask if it's worth it to you.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
K then, just do a lot of research and ask if it's worth it to you.
Lmao, I did. I'm fully aware of the advantages. However, I do have a 9.2 system. It has a broken screen tho. I'm just waiting to get $ so I can get a new screen, update both (one with A9LH), then system transfer over to the A9LHaxed system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright