Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just make it seem like I'm a clueless 3ds user who knows nothing about CFW and piracy and say, "When I updated my 3ds from... I think 9.2.21U I think to the 10.3 version, my brother shut it off in the middle, and was tampering around w/ the files" ;), and maybe write, please keep it to the intended firmware I wanted to update to, 10.3

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I just make it seem like I'm a clueless 3ds user who knows nothing about CFW and piracy and say, "When I updated my 3ds from... I think 9.2.21U I think to the 10.3 version, my brother shut it off in the middle, and was tampering around w/ the files" ;), and maybe write, please keep it to the intended firmware I wanted to update to, 10.3
It depends on what went wrong, but they should be able to tell you've been doing shit you're not supposed to.
If they fix it you'll probably get 10.4 on it.

D

Deleted User

Yeah most likely, I wanna ship by 3ds asap
Last time I sent it to them was because HANS messed up one of my eshop titles. They just sent me a new one (giving me the SD card back of course). It had a new serial number, was reset, new friend code AND all the buttons were stiff like new. It was on 9.9 when newest was 10.2 so I'd assume they just took it out of the box and sent it to me. So, if you sent it to them now, most likely you'd get one on a haxable firmware. I wish you luck!

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
unless you call nintendo and simply ask them to unlink your nand because your 3ds got stolen/run over by a car and you got a new 3ds you want to link your nnid to (use your imagination lol)
nope

My old 3DS got stolen, after I got a new N3DS I contacted them and asked if they could unlink it from old one, all I had to do was provide some security information and the Serial of the Wii U I wanted to keep on the NNID, next day I got an email back saying it was done and to give it an hour before signing in on the N3DS.

Got back on and I had all the ambassador games as well as the other stuff all ready to redownload, so they definitely do this, just tell them it was stolen. I just made out I wasn't sure if it was possible and I was just asking as I would like to use the same NNID, sorted it no problem.

Reactions: wormdood

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old 3ds xl cannot read games off of SD card off of home menu. It can from sys settings and from hbl and play perfectly fine. Smash won't work at all. I need smash in 5.5 hours.

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The only brick I've seen so far was 2DS users downgrading to 4.x
Literally, most of the "brickers" have been 2DS users...Sadly I'm a 2DS user, so I'm ashamed of my rare species.
page 15, 16 and page 1 and u see more users bricked their N3DS and O3DS

Tomoko-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bricked my Japan O3DS,how can i report this case?It was running well until the fourth CIAs been installed and suddenly it crashed and display a screen like "...OFF.." (... are japanese,i couldnt read them).Oh god i havent backed up my sysNAND and now its a permanent brick TT i tried to boot to recovery mode but it seems to be not doing anything except displaying black screens AND HAVE NO BACK LIGHT,NO WIRELESS LED,3D LIGHT except power light(Its blue).TT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hope geniuses of GBAtemp can unbrick without hardmod and backup-ed sysNAND TT
Please tell me what should i do now TT its my only 3DS and i dont know if i can affort to buy another TT

Last edited by Tomoko-chan,

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I bricked my Japan O3DS

Please tell me what should i do now TT its my only 3DS and i dont know if i can affort to buy another TT

I can't help you, did you use the correct firmware-files and remove the file "000400102002CA00"?
Also you should have been aware of the risks when downgrading since you only have one 3DS and can't afford another one. You live and you learn.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It doesn't really help anyone, but I figured out that EUR 2DS systems love to crash mid way and hand out free bricks to their users. <3 But seriously I tested this with 3 2DS systems, two hard bricks, and a soft brick. All of them froze midway.

Reactions: kiwiis

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, add me on the list, because one of my O3ds is literally half downgraded, as i have the old stuff, but system settings is still the new one, cant be launched, and browser is old and it can't launch RxTools. System is/was? on 9.9, so i probably can use Recovery mode. Nothing looked wrong during the process, and it rebooted normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too...