Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading on a n3ds that was never on 9.2 (special editions) should be fine right?

Kind of like the 4.5 DG situation with special edition o3ds that didn't ship with 4.5.

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just checking the files is not enough, I made sure to check everything and follow the directions to a tee and it still bricked mine.
I did say most bricks.
You used an early release of something that can ruin your console, you should've been expecting it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to update to 10.3 to restore the Buggered up 9.0 Downgrade, on 9.2.0-20U now (o3DS "A Link Between Worlds" Special edition 3DSXL purchased New Jan 5th 2013)

GreenXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did say most bricks.
You used an early release of something that can ruin your console, you should've been expecting it.

Yep you are correct, I'm just trying to spread the word so other people don't make the same mistake I did and not wait. I know user error is the main reason but it isn't safe yet even if you are careful.

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
"Shut down his 3DS on "Getting CIA Information". (Not a proper brick, he can't use recovery mode and eShop and System Settings are gone.)"

Wait, WTF? no way i'm doing this, it's too dangerous :( is there a way to save your stuff if this happens or anything?

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, about those weird downgrades? Probably (at least partially) due to JustPingo's buddy on that ISO site compiling the TTPs wrong. The n3DS 9.2J TTP actually contained 9.1 CIAs, and I'm sure there's more where that came from. https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/683897382283640832

Also, if anyone has specific details on HHD bundle n3DS results, I'd like to hear them. I know there was one nondescript brick, but that's all.
EDIT: Seems to be one good downgrade, one brick. Never mind.

Last edited by Odnetnin46,

JerryX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS here, had 10.3 originally.

1st try, used ninjhax with the original sysUpdater. It went through everything all the way to reboot, but had a dreaded "ERROR" message. Luckily recovery still worked and my files were safe (my folders exploded everywhere tho lol) so I'm back at 10.3.
2nd try, used menuhax (freshly installed after 1st try was was recovered) with the newer sysUpdater and the same thing happened. Recovery still saved the day.

I don't wanna try again so I'll just wait until something really safe comes out. :)

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?