Hacking WiiU Virtual Console finally fixed! [No More dark filter, and widescreen support!]

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent! Thanks to those who have been investigating and adding to our options.

One issue that I've heard people complain about in the past is input lag for N64 games (and possibly other consoles), though reports are mixed about how real this problem is. I don't suppose anyone has found a way to disable/minimize input lag for N64 VC games (if they exist)?

Last edited by Dogbert8,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you OP, just finished editing my N64 collection it looks pretty sharp without that dumb filter, we were strugling with the damn filter for years now it was finally defeated :grog:

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
Another fun fact is that placing multiple ROMs and starting the software will display a debug menu where users can choose their ROM.

Yn84sHG.png
I reached that menu but I can't get further. I mean I can't load any roms; not even the original one. When I try to load a rom I get a black screen.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
[000500001010CE00] Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness [NCDE]

Seems like i don't have that version. I'll need to do something about it

Oh and by the way, Used this method to fix the overlay in my 6 purchased N64 games

• Yoshi's Story
  • Super Mario 64
  • Harvest Moon 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Wave Race 64
  • Paper Mario
Worked beautifully in all of them. I think i'll get tomorrow Sin&Punishment and modify it too.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Seems like i don't have that version. I'll need to do something about it

Oh and by the way, Used this method to fix the overlay in my 6 purchased N64 games

• Yoshi's Story
  • Super Mario 64
  • Harvest Moon 64
  • Star Fox 64
  • Wave Race 64
  • Paper Mario
Worked beautifully in all of them. I think i'll get tomorrow Sin&Punishment and modify it too.
Did you use ftpiiu?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
mocha :unsure:, I tried with vanilla haxchi cfw and ftpiiu, and always ended with a corrupted FrameLayout.arc, I should give mocha a try, maybe that's why filezilla is not working correctly...

That may be it. No need for filezilla either, i used the Windows 10 file Explorer, plain and simple

As if the Wii U was another one of my PC folders. Zero issues

xLothwenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent! Thanks to those who have been investigating and adding to our options.

One issue that I've heard people complain about in the past is input lag for N64 games (and possibly other consoles), though reports are mixed about how real this problem is. I don't suppose anyone has found a way to disable/minimize input lag for N64 VC games (if they exist)?

Wii VC input lag is a real problem (at least for N64). I've even tried using a wired Gamecube controller with HID to VPAD: There's still a huge delay, like when jumping in Mario 64. All that means is I won't play Wii U VC, and I'm still on the hunt for N64 emulation that doesn't suck.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii VC input lag is a real problem (at least for N64). I've even tried using a wired Gamecube controller with HID to VPAD: There's still a huge delay, like when jumping in Mario 64. All that means is I won't play Wii U VC, and I'm still on the hunt for N64 emulation that doesn't suck.

Use a Wii pro controller. It works perfectly

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning, Ogre Battle 64 crashes if you use F-zero X as a template; when you're creating a new profile, the system locks up. I guess Mario Golf is the only base one should use. But Hyrbid Heaven used with mempak = 1 and F-Zero X, it ran 100% perfectly. Will do more testing. Maybe I need to use a Japanese header, or somehow get a hold of the Mario Golf Vessel RPX.

Now if we can only get rid of that stupid point-sample interpolation in Rare game injections. Why on earth they implemented this garbage audio in it, is anyone's guess. I reiterate once more that the real N64 hardware didn't even have it in the RSP

Last edited by the_randomizer,

xLothwenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a Wii pro controller. It works perfectly

False. Gamepad, Pro, and Gamecube controller (using official USB adapter and unofficial HID to VPAD) all have input lag AKA worse lag than native games and worse lag than unofficial emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-