Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

R3Logic10

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I injected an EUR Paper Mario ROM in Mario Golf as the base. The inject compatibility list says that the region of the ROM has to be from USA. Is there any problem if I injected that ROM?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi! I injected an EUR Paper Mario ROM in Mario Golf as the base. The inject compatibility list says that the region of the ROM has to be from USA. Is there any problem if I injected that ROM?
why would you inject paper mario?...it has an official release by nintendo themselves... no need for injection.

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I inject Bomberman 64 I get an extremely clear and crisp picture, but for some reason there are visual problems regarding the Gold Card collectibles.

The Stage Select screen doesn't have the transparency effect showing that there are cards to collect (essentially, due to this error there's no way to tell how many you're missing per stage), and the result screens at the end of each stage does not show that you collected any cards.

The game is functional, but since the graphics are bugged with the Gold Cards it's a lot harder to know which ones you're missing, and you need all 100 to unlock the final world.

Are there any workarounds or solutions?

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I inject Bomberman 64 I get an extremely clear and crisp picture, but for some reason there are visual problems regarding the Gold Card collectibles.

The Stage Select screen doesn't have the transparency effect showing that there are cards to collect (essentially, due to this error there's no way to tell how many you're missing per stage), and the result screens at the end of each stage does not show that you collected any cards.

The game is functional, but since the graphics are bugged with the Gold Cards it's a lot harder to know which ones you're missing, and you need all 100 to unlock the final world.

Why would you inject Bomberman 64? It is an official N64 Wii VC release. Just download it using USB Helper tool...
Post automatically merged:

I love Phacox's Injector, it works very well with very much options, thanks for the great work!

I have injected the NES game "Nintendo World Cup" (USA version), which has the ability to play with 4 players.
So I did set this option in Phacox's Injector to 4 players (used Punch-Out!! Ft. Mr. Dream as base game).
But after installing the game it still won't let me choose 4 players, even though there are 4 controllers connected (Wii U Pro controllers and the gamepad).
Is there something else I should do?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

like low said bomberman64 is an official release by nintendo so just get that if you are on wiiu and works perfectly fine.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you inject Bomberman 64? It is an official N64 Wii VC release. Just download it using USB Helper tool...

I love Phacox's Injector, it works very well with very much options, thanks for the great work!

I have injected the NES game "Nintendo World Cup" (USA version), which has the ability to play with 4 players.
So I did set this option in Phacox's Injector to 4 players (used Punch-Out!! Ft. Mr. Dream as base game).
But after installing the game it still won't let me choose 4 players, even though there are 4 controllers connected (Wii U Pro controllers and the gamepad).

you could try doctor mario or earthbound as another base as well.

After looking at your game, it appears to use the NES multi tap called the Four Score, which i'm guessing can't be emulated in virtual console. you might try an nes emulator instead

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could try doctor mario or earthbound as another base as well.

After looking at your game, it appears to use the NES multi tap called the Four Score, which i'm guessing can't be emulated in virtual console. you might try an nes emulator instead

Thanks for your help. I will try to inject it with other games (although the game works fine, only not with 4 players).

Strange thing is that setting the injector to 4 players works for SNES games, as I did the same thing for ISS Deluxe and I can play it with 4 players now. The SNES did also use a multitap as it has 2 ports for controllers...

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Oh I didn't think of that. Thanks.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i got what i think is a copyright protection error when trying to play mega man x3 zero project, any ideas on how to fix? i can use forwarder/emulator so its not the end of the world

Attachments

• injection error.png
    injection error.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 12

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i got what i think is a copyright protection error when trying to play mega man x3 zero project, any ideas on how to fix? i can use forwarder/emulator so its not the end of the world

You're running a snes emulator inside a Wii U emulator instead of just running a snes emulator?

Cl0ck1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to inject a randomized Fire Red rom with this injector, but when I install it with wupinstaller and boot it up on my Wii U, it's just a white screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to inject a randomized Fire Red rom with this injector, but when I install it with wupinstaller and boot it up on my Wii U, it's just a white screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

When a GBA game boots to white screen, in most cases, it's probably due to the SAVE TYPE for that game. Emulators are usually smart enough to adjust the SAVE TYPE to match the game to make it work.

However, before you make the inject, you need to first try patching the GBA rom and change the SAVE TYPE to SRAM, inject, test and see if it works. Google is your friend in finding a tool that can patch the SAVE TYPE for GBA roms.

It's been a while since I've injected a game, there are several GBA BASE games that uses FLASH save type, so another option is you can try use one of those GBA games with FLASH save type as a base.

glugglug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what base I try, I'm getting the "Invalid Base" error:

Loading NDS base...
The base is invalid.
System.Exception: The "frisbiiU.rpx" not match the requested "hachihachi_ntr.rpx".
at PhacoxsInjector.WiiUInjector.ValidateEncryptedBase(String path, String cvFileName)
at PhacoxsInjector.NDSInjector.ValidateEncryptedBase(String path)
at PhacoxsInjector.WiiUInjector.LoadBase(String path)
at PhacoxsInjector.PhacoxsInjectorGUI.AskBase()
Could not load base.
Settings button clicked.

Any recommendations? Should I be using a WiiU game or a legacy Wii game that went through Teconmoon's injector as the base?

Does it matter that the DS game I'm attempting to inject, Civilization Revolution, is not on the compatibility list, and could that be manifesting as the invalid base error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto