Homebrew WiiSX RX - A new fork.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NO, it is NOT nice, because the continuous garbage posts are not helping in any way, shape or form. He's cluttering the thread on purpose, after being told to stop. Now he made a fake fork, which as you can see already got the attention of @rogerioronin and @SaulFabre which keep liking his posts. Wtf?
I said that as not to discourage others, since you should want people to contribute and be excited about your project. However, I did also say that he's been a nuisance by ignoring developers and continuing to post nonsense. So I do agree with what you're saying.

I know that the moderators can reply ban people from specific threads, so I can only suggest reporting any future posts.

Last edited by blackb0x,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@niuus
i can confirm this code from michele59... that's just a "copy-and-paste" code since WiiSX RX is highly reprogrammed according to the supported programming code on Wii/GameCube comparing to PCSX-R code which only works on Windows in a small comparison...

So i bet that won't work because the Wii apparently can't recognize that code... :P

Last edited by SaulFabre, , Reason: some info missing

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Dude, I think you're so damn boring, that's all! You talk a lot and do nothing!
You don't seem to miss any WiiSXRX version or posts. Why are you here, then? Check your priorities, "dude". B-)

I said that as not to discourage others, since you should want people to contribute and be excited about your project. However, I did also say that he's been a nuisance by ignoring developers and continuing to post nonsense. So I do agree with what you're saying.
We want useful people, like the ones that already contributed to the thread with functional, practical or cool info, even. But we don't want users like that, posting 100 messages about nothing/random things and feeling entitled to updates. We can't wonder then why some users don't read through the threads.

well dont bother with him, afaik you can choose to ignore his posts on some forum choice and i think and you wont see his messages anymore, so you cant see a less cluttered thread at least xD
Me not seeing his posts won't stop the cluttering or his posts here. Not really a fix.

Last edited by niuus,

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Calm down in the forum and do not pay attention to michele, he seems to be a being that escapes from any earthly bondage and can only be defeated by the moderators.

I have managed to make some adjustments to the source code and it seems to work.

https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX

According to my tests now the compatibility is total.

I have done the same for a good friend of mine and when I gave it back to him he was crying like a baby. I guess he couldn't contain his joy.

We need the following: a Wii console, a PSX console, industrial glue and an unbreakable will (for my friend I used two drills to make sure).

Edit: I've put PS4 games on the Wii and they don't work. Must be some Sony anti-copying system, damn Sony and their regressions.

Post data: How nice it would be if the forum wasn't full of people constantly asking the same questions already answered before and the author of the fork could post calmly the little advances he's making and discuss them with everyone without being subjected to constant insistence.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all i want from wiisxrx is that compatibility keeps increasing with time that is the only thing that matters imo, everything else is optional.Same way extrems keeps updating not64 and adding more and more fixes over the years.

Reactions: SaulFabre

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Calm down in the forum and do not pay attention to michele, he seems to be a being that escapes from any earthly bondage and can only be defeated by the moderators.

I have managed to make some adjustments to the source code and it seems to work.

According to my tests now the compatibility is total.

I have done the same for a good friend of mine and when I gave it back to him he was crying like a baby. I guess he couldn't contain his joy.

We need the following: a Wii console, a PSX console, industrial glue and an unbreakable will (for my friend I used two drills to make sure).

Edit: I've put PS4 games on the Wii and they don't work. Must be some Sony anti-copying system, damn Sony and their regressions.
I've tested your code. Totally love it, will be added for WiiSXRX 3.0, this is very big for Wii users!

all i want from wiisxrx is that compatibility keeps increasing with time that is the only thing that matters imo, everything else is optional.Same way extrems keeps updating not64 and adding more and more fixes over the years.
I'll add some new pics of Destruction Derby later, right now i'm finishing up Snes9xRX new version for release.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've tested your code. Totally love it, will be added for WiiSXRX 3.0, this is very big for Wii users!

Very excited about WiiSXRX 3.0!!! :D

I'll add some new pics of Destruction Derby later, right now i'm finishing up Snes9xRX new version for release.

Waiting for it patiently, please sorry me if i disturb too much but don't forget about FCEUltra RX, which still has issues with autoboot ROM feature (clicking in Exit goes to emulator menu instead to exiting to Wii Menu). :)

PS4 won't work on Wii, because PS4 has high-class hardware, but Wii has too poor performance for run PS4. :(

But you didn't make a pull request to @niuus for merge your working code in WiiSX RX code... :P

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Waiting for it patiently, please sorry me if i disturb too much but don't forget about FCEUltra RX, which still has issues with autoboot ROM feature (clicking in Exit goes to emulator menu instead to exiting to Wii Menu). :)
This would be the fourth civilized time i'm telling you i don't need your reminders or posts about it......

PS4 won't work on Wii, because PS4 has high-class hardware, but Wii has too poor performance for run PS4. :(

But you didn't make a pull request to @niuus for merge your working code in WiiSX RX code... :P
He sent me the source and .dol on private message and it is working perfectly with 70% increased compatibility on PS1 games, all Final Fantasy games now work without interpreter mode, same for full speed Tekken 3 on Wii.

i never tried that game on ps1, i tryed the 64 version of it on wii64/not64 but from what i gathered they are totally different games lol
Neved played the 64 version, as i mostly dislike the foggy graphics on most games, but i'll check it, out of curiosity.

Last edited by niuus,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
He sent me the source and .dol on private message and it is working perfectly with 70% increased compatibility on PS1 games, all Final Fantasy games now work without interpreter mode, same for full speed Tekken 3 on Wii.
So very great, because even when i don't play PS1 games anymore i love some games suck Tekken 3, Crash Bandicoot Warped and others. ^_^ Congratulations to @xunga for improving A LOT the WiiSX RX and you @niuus for keep mantaining WiiSX. :)
:bow:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Neved played the 64 version, as i mostly dislike the foggy graphics on most games, but i'll check it, out of curiosity.
use the rice version of wii64 to see the menus correctly, i liked the game it was fun, altough it can be never ending if you want to i usually crash myself when i think i have enough points to be first lol, i had some mindless fun.
Although you probably need a wiiu with overclock since the game doesnt run very well with wii cpu.

there are 2 modes one is race where some racers race on one way and the others in reverse so you can hit cars head on while you race, each hit/takedown and lap gives you points, once only one racer remains the one with most points wins, and then there is the classic arena rumbles where its just mindless destruction on a small arena

Last edited by pedro702,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuss

Why are you here, then? The answer is simple, I'm here because the site is an open community, you don't rule here!

I appreciate your work, you did relevant updates, but I don't like your rude attitudes on the gbatemp, that's all!
In this thread. Nobody told you to get off the site, read carefully.

Taken into account you got a previous commentary removed for flaming, that itself speaks about you. And since you say this is "damn boring" and nothing is being done because of "talking", then show us your secret moves and fork the emulator, give us your best shot at doing a lot, give us features and improvements.

Please refrain to derail the discussion in place even more. A lot of damage has been done with that other user comments.

rogerioronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In this thread. Nobody told you to get off the site, read carefully.

Taken into account you got a previous commentary removed for flaming, that itself speaks about you. And since you say this is "damn boring" and nothing is being done because of "talking", then show us your secret moves and fork the emulator, give us your best shot at doing a lot, give us features and improvements.

Please refrain to derail the discussion in place even more. A lot of damage has been done with that other user comments.

I'm not a programmer, but my part for the Nintendo Wii scene I do:

https://mundowiihack.wordpress.com

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@niuus
WiiSX RX 3.0 that's interesting, some prediction? I know it might sound boring for me to hit the same key, but if you can think of v-sync support it would be very welcome on this great project.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus
WiiSX RX 3.0 that's interesting, some prediction? I know it might sound boring for me to hit the same key, but if you can think of v-sync support it would be very welcome on this great project.

he was making a joke... 2.6 will come before 3.0 at an undisclosed time for sure...
On a serious note, that was my first intention years ago, having 3.0 being the version that started to change compatibility around, so trusted users could report changes between them and which games broke or started working, as i am not crazy enough to go through 700+ games again to make a full list like i am already with 2.5.

Spilling some of the info, i can confidently report Final Fantasy VIII / IX gameplay working as it should on interpreter mode, which meant Wii U users with overclocking mode benefit from this, as it reaches full speed without problems. FF IX in particular had issues with saving on the Memory Card (it always corrupts the save, even if it actually saved), and that was fixed too. FMVs on that specific game are still not working and i wasted a lot of days trying to find and apply fixes so they work, but if i feel like it, i might release a patch for the Redump or your own backup so it eliminates all videos from the disc and you can play safely. That was more than a year ago, but i remember getting up to a crystal cave level.

Out of the top of my head, Judge Dredd is now working properly, Resident Evil 2 DualShock Ver. can use save states now, among other mini fixes and improvements in other titles like Tales Of Phantasia, besides other games that i already mentioned were working, like Mega Man X6, Super Puzzle Fighter, Destruction Derby, Ape Escape, etc. Some others i found broke temporarily, which is one of the many reasons i tried to find and fix the culprit so we can use only one build, but if i get bored of this, i don't think it will hurt anyone to have two separate versions of WiiSXRX, one with the "old core" and a new one with the compat changes.

Fixing Dino Crisis 1-2 / Resident Evil 2 audio speeches will probably require changing the audio plugin, but that would definitely be for 4,0, if we ever get there.

Disclaimer for anyone even thinking of requesting a possible date: don't ever ask when it will be released. It could happen december 25 2021, or 2031.

Last edited by niuus,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So we lost the subforums and now both wiisxrx and not64 are under homebrew tag and not under emulator lol this will be a very messy way to post on the consoles threads it will be all cluttered and wrong tags on everything moving foward...

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So we lost the subforums and now both wiisxrx and not64 are under homebrew tag and not under emulator lol this will be a very messy way to post on the consoles threads it will be all cluttered and wrong tags on everything moving foward...
Holy sh1t, yes. i just got into the forums minutes ago, this is going to be a horrible mess. :O

Already missing the dark theme too, my eyes are burning in this screen sun. :ohnoes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.