Homebrew WiiSX RX - A new fork.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I might compiled the latest version, but it looks to be that in releases already. however, I wouldn't to step on @niuus foot, since this is his fork.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Soooo... I'm getting black screen after using Fix94's c2w patcher. Lastest release, WiiSXRX-DS version, official forwarder.

Running on Tiramisu.

What could i be doing wrong?
is your forwarder installed on wiiu nand? tiramisu doesnt like forwarders in usb memory that much.also are you sure the forwarder is c2w compatible?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
is your forwarder installed on wiiu nand? tiramisu doesnt like forwarders in usb memory that much.also are you sure the forwarder is c2w compatible?
It could be that. I install on USB by default.

I'll try and report later

EDIT: Ok, this was the issue. Thanks!

Last edited by Osakasan,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's a patcher that overclocks the virtual Wii mode on Wii U, WiiSXRX is supossedly compatible
It actually is, since ever.

It could be that. I install on USB by default.

I'll try and report later

EDIT: Ok, this was the issue. Thanks!
Don't ever install forwarders to USB, doesn't matter the hack, they do not work well most of the time. Also, they are small enough to not bother your NAND space.

I thought I might compiled the latest version, but it looks to be that in releases already. however, I wouldn't to step on @niuus foot, since this is his fork.

Thanks for the consideration, but it's okey, there aren't newer commits publicly available, as they mostly reside on my hard drive until they are tested and ready. I have internet service again since yesterday (about f*cking time) so 3.3 should be around the corner. Been playing with 3.3 a lot during these offline weeks, mostly the Metal Gear Solid games and Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I wanted to apologize for this because it was bad wording from my part. I didn't meant it in the sense that the compatibility were a lie or something like that, what i wanted to say is that for some reason it just didn't work.

It was my bad. Sorry for that.
It's cool, don't worry.

BTW, if you're on Wii U and using OC, the majority of the games will run full speed, but there are exceptions, just so you know. Pro tip for the future, don't lose your head with the lame myths about changing BIOS version in order to "run other games" or "improve compatibility", that you're going to read from time to time.

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It was personally tested before uploading, so it's highly likely you didn't extract the zip to the correct location, OR, you're using -FS or Multitap versions, which have a different name on the final folder. But it's pretty easy to fix: extract your preferred WiiSXRX version on the root of the SD card, and check the name of the final folder, which needs to look like this: SD:\apps\WiiSXRX\boot.dol
You're right that's was the problem but now everytime I select a game give me a DSI error
both FS and DS
final edit: find the problem. BIOS HLE gave the DSI error

Last edited by vbarros22,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You're right that's was the problem but now everytime I select a game give me a DSI error
both FS and DS
final edit: find the problem. BIOS HLE gave the DSI error
It's one thing to have the BIOS file, but it's of no use if you don't also select it inside the settings, as you already found out. HLE can be faster, but it is a work in progress open source BIOS replacement, hence why it can't run every game, yet.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@niuus New PR is up!
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/pull/84

What i did is simple: adding Wii Message Board support.

This means, that if we launch WiiSX-RX or a Single ROM Loader of a PS1 game running on WiiSX-RX directly from a forwarder channel on the Wii System Menu, WiiSXRX will automatically start counting the play time, and when we exit the emulator to the Wii System Menu, WiiSXRX will write the play time into the Playlog on our Wii Message Board, for be able to store correctly the play time with a specific PS1 game on a channel or how many time we have played on WiiSXRX from a channel.

Credits goes to @SuperrSonic, who was the responsible of adding this feature to his Wii homebrew RA-SS and WiiMC-SSLC, which was based in code made by Marc, @tueidj, Dimok and SuSo.

1671895275502.png

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@niuus New PR is up!
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/pull/84

What i did is simple: adding Wii Message Board support.

This means, that if we launch WiiSX-RX or a Single ROM Loader of a PS1 game running on WiiSX-RX directly from a forwarder channel on the Wii System Menu, WiiSXRX will automatically start counting the play time, and when we exit the emulator to the Wii System Menu, WiiSXRX will write the play time into the Playlog on our Wii Message Board, for be able to store correctly the play time with a specific PS1 game on a channel or how many time we have played on WiiSXRX from a channel.

Credits goes to @SuperrSonic, who was the responsible of adding this feature to his Wii homebrew RA-SS and WiiMC-SSLC, which was based in code made by Marc, @tueidj, Dimok and SuSo.

View attachment 344185

well i never see the wii message board since i use inject vc on wiiu lol

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you aure you renamed the dol boot.dol?
1. Install instructions in the document did not mention any of this
2. Why isn't it a boot.dol by default and we have to rename it, same goes for when I download it from homebrew browser version? Some copyright issue?
3. If you mean WIISXRX.dol to Boot.dol then it does not work. An empty "WIISXRX" position with no description and icon will appear and won't launch. The boot is at the root of WIISXRX in the apps folder. Tried putting it in the root of SD instead of apps too but no avail

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Garok : I confirm the path is SD:\apps\WiiSXRX\boot.dol
The file must be taken out on a pc, renamed from the pc with files icon.png, meta.xml then be put back on the SD at the path described. I notice something: When you renamed a file directly on the sd (from explorer on the SD or a wiiU tool like wiiXplorer, there can sometime be issue. If it doesn't work, try to redownload the dol file as it may be corrupt.
I confirm what you said: Every downloadable wiibrews or programs should always be already called boot.dol and put in directory of their name in Zip rar format, but Dev don't alway pre-call them boot.dol....That's a fact.
Post automatically merged:

SaulFabre /pedro702 Is it possible that the newest feature added to the emu reduces the speed of the emu, even 0.1% ?

I suppose it's always better to improve any emulator speed, compatibility, interface at any cost, no the opposite as a feature like this can bring more problem that it can improve an emu, what do you think? Just wondering....because if add a gallery to my car, the fuel consumption increases quite a bit.

Did it helped Garok?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
1. Install instructions in the document did not mention any of this
2. Why isn't it a boot.dol by default and we have to rename it, same goes for when I download it from homebrew browser version? Some copyright issue?
3. If you mean WIISXRX.dol to Boot.dol then it does not work. An empty "WIISXRX" position with no description and icon will appear and won't launch. The boot is at the root of WIISXRX in the apps folder. Tried putting it in the root of SD instead of apps too but no avail
1. Install instructions are actually pretty clear. From the readme:
"To install: Extract the contents of WiiSXRX.zip to the root of your SD card"

2. 3. You want support for weird versions not downloaded from the official Github, and you don't seem to know about the basics of using the Homebrew Channel, including its normal structure to add apps and launch them.

To summarize: only use WiiSXRX builds from Github if you don't know how to tinker with the Homebrew Channel. They come ready to use if you just extract them, because I've learned that people can be stubborn and prone to ruin simple instructions. No need to rename, move, edit, etc. Nothing else.

well i never see the wii message board since i use inject vc on wiiu lol
Are there people out there still reading the message board for anything? Sounds funny. I haven't used the Wii system menu in many, many years. :creep:

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Install instructions are actually pretty clear. From the readme:
"To install: Extract the contents of WiiSXRX.zip to the root of your SD card"

2. 3. You want support for weird versions not downloaded from the official Github, and you don't seem to know about the basics of using the Homebrew Channel, including its normal structure to add apps and launch them.

To summarize: only use WiiSXRX builds from Github if you don't know how to tinker with the Homebrew Channel. They come ready to use if you just extract them, because I've learned that people can be stubborn and prone to ruin simple instructions. No need to rename, move, edit, etc. Nothing else.

Are there people out there still reading the message board for anything? Sounds funny. I haven't used the Wii system menu in many, many years. :creep:
Thanks for the heads up, I realized the problem already but there are better ways to tell someone about the issues they encounter :)
Github versions works fine but the other ones I got previously inexplicably do not.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New release based on the Evo branch is up (3.3)

[3.3 - December 27, 2022]
  • gteAVSZ3, gteAVSZ4, gteRTPS, and gteRTPT updates.
  • GTE updates.
  • Updates to CDrom plugin and new timer, compatibility rise.
  • Autofixes for RCnt, dwEmu, pR3000, HWTR.
  • Cosmetic and QoL updates.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ CAREFULLY:
There are separate builds, one is WiiSXRX-FS and the other one is WiiSXRX-DS. Each one uses a different sound plugin.

WiiSXRX-FS is more recommended for use on the Wii, since it is lighter on resources. It can give you a speed boost that may vary between 5-15 FPS, depending on the game. Some games may even sound better on this build, compared to -DS. However, the sound plugin within this build does NOT read Red Book audio (CDDA).

WiiSXRX-DS is more recommended for use on the Wii U's "overclocked mode". Being more accurate, means it is heavier on the use of the console's resources, which in turn means less FPS on limited systems like the Gamecube and Wii, hence the recommendation. Some games do sound better or without audio glitches on this build, or even require it to work fully, compared to -FS. The sound plugin within this build DOES include full support for Red Book audio (CDDA).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A snippet of the new games playable are: Alone in the Dark - One-Eyed Jack's Revenge, Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker
Blast Chamber, C - The Contra Adventure, CTR - Crash Team Racing, Destruction Derby 2, Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing, Need for Speed - V-Rally, Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus, Oddworld - Abe's Odyssey, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro,
the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, etc.

Find a growing list of newly playable and tested games on the second post of the WiiSXRX thread. It will be updated whenever I can.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A snippet of the new games playable are: Alone in the Dark - One-Eyed Jack's Revenge, Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker
Blast Chamber, C - The Contra Adventure, CTR - Crash Team Racing, Destruction Derby 2, Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing, Need for Speed - V-Rally, Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus, Oddworld - Abe's Odyssey, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, etc.
Happy new year 2023 to you Niuus!!
Question those games you cite, worked with WiiSXRX-FS or WiiSXRX-DS or Both?
If a game with Red Book audio is launch, does it work without the sound with WiiSXRX-FS or it just doesn't launch?

Last question: Would it be possible to create a dol with ta choice, it would be double the size, when launched that ask your which one (maybe hard to do in PPC), "WiiSXRX-FS or WiiSXRX-DS" you want to launch? (or maybe it would be highier cpu cost for the wiiu?).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Happy new year 2023 to you Niuus!!
Question those games you cite, worked with WiiSXRX-FS or WiiSXRX-DS or Both?
If a game with Red Book audio is launch, does it work without the sound with WiiSXRX-FS or it just doesn't launch?

Last question: Would it be possible to create a dol with ta choice, it would be double the size, when launched that ask your which one (maybe hard to do in PPC), "WiiSXRX-FS or WiiSXRX-DS" you want to launch? (or maybe it would be highier cpu cost for the wiiu?).
if there is no cdda the game works but just there isnt cdda playing like old versions of wiisxrx...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New release based on the Evo branch is up (3.3)

[3.3 - December 27, 2022]
  • gteAVSZ3, gteAVSZ4, gteRTPS, and gteRTPT updates.
  • GTE updates.
  • Updates to CDrom plugin and new timer, compatibility rise.
  • Autofixes for RCnt, dwEmu, pR3000, HWTR.
  • Cosmetic and QoL updates.

READ CAREFULLY:
There are separate builds, one is WiiSXRX-FS and the other one is WiiSXRX-DS. Each one uses a different sound plugin.

WiiSXRX-FS is more recommended for use on the Wii, since it is lighter on resources. It can give you a speed boost that may vary between 5-15 FPS, depending on the game. Some games may even sound better on this build, compared to -DS. However, the sound plugin within this build does NOT read Red Book audio (CDDA).

WiiSXRX-DS is more recommended for use on the Wii U's "overclocked mode". Being more accurate, means it is heavier on the use of the console's resources, which in turn means less FPS on limited systems like the Gamecube and Wii, hence the recommendation. Some games do sound better or without audio glitches on this build, or even require it to work fully, compared to -FS. The sound plugin within this build DOES include full support for Red Book audio (CDDA).

Blast Chamber, C - The Contra Adventure, CTR - Crash Team Racing, Destruction Derby 2, Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing, Need for Speed - V-Rally, Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus, Oddworld - Abe's Odyssey, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro,
the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, etc.

Find a growing list of newly playable and tested games on the second post of the WiiSXRX thread. It will be updated whenever I can.
The gte changes are interesting. will that improve 3d games performance?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?