Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it means anything, I thought the Windows bluetooth stack couldn't findo the controller, but mine actually can.
Or was that not actually the case?
In any case, it doesn't work with WiinUPro, because it's probably programmend to interact only with toshiba software.

15gwnbd.jpg

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it means anything, I thought the Windows bluetooth stack couldn't findo the controller, but mine actually can.
Or was that not actually the case?
In any case, it doesn't work with WiinUPro, because it's probably programmend to interact only with toshiba software.

Yes, it can connect, but it doesn't work because of the way the Windows Stack works. It was obviously programmed to be used with a Wii U :P But it just so happens that the Toshiba stack works in a similar way, while the Windows one doesn't.

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it can connect, but it doesn't work because of the way the Windows Stack works. It was obviously programmed to be used with a Wii U :P But it just so happens that the Toshiba stack works in a similar way, while the Windows one doesn't.

I see... what a shame.
I've tried formatting my computer and created a full backup restore point just before installing the Toshiba BS. It worked at first, but then after I tried updating direct X and installing Microsoft visual redistributable 2012 or whatever it got the same problems back.
And restoring it didn't even work, yet again :cry:

I'm still considering doing another full format, but I'm not sure it's worth all that trouble. I would buy Mayflash adapter, but importing is as much of a hassle.
i'll think about it for a while.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keypuncher, please tell me you have not abandoned us like so many other programs before this....{snip}

No, I'm not done with this program; I haven't had much time to work on it but I'm definitely not done.
Congrats on getting it to work on your Win8 tablet, I'm sure there were quite a few extra steps and tweaks.
I really need to look into writing Windows Drivers to see about feeding out xinput and directinput to make things a bit easier on users, but there are still some smaller things that can be improved before overhauling the whole thing.

I've ran into some problems with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack...{snip}

Odd. By chance have you tried a different USB port? Though that should be the same effect as reinstalling..

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Odd. By chance have you tried a different USB port? Though that should be the same effect as reinstalling..

That's not an option for me, because my adapter is built into my laptop.
Either way, thanks for the tip, but it seems the Detection of Service Failed problem is solved for me.

Last firday i had spent the whole day trying to figure this out, with no success. By the evening, I had to go out, sou I turned my laptop off, instead of just suspending the session or rebooting, as I have been used to.

The computer was off for about 5~6 hours. When I got back home and turned it back on, it mysteriously worked out just fine. I connected my WUPC, configured x360ce and played a few games just fine.
Yesterday it started to give me the error message again, so I turned my computer off for a few minutes and when I turned it back on, everything was working.

I don't know if this should work as well for other people though, but I hope it'll help.

luigiman1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I joined gbatemp just to post here. I'd like to say that I successfully connected my wii u pro controller to my windows 8.1 surface pro 2 tablet using a cheap bluetooth dongle, toshiba bluetooth stack, and wiinupro beta 7. The built in bluetooth failed, and so did vjoy. I tried so much to get vjoy to install properly but it kept failing and I could never find it in devices and printers. So I can only use my controller as if it were a keyboard, meaning the control sticks aren't sensitive. So I am really hoping on the new wiinupro that does NOT need vjoy. Until then this is working fine, but ideally I would like the controller to be used as an actual gamepad.

Y_B_A_FOOL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr:
My POV hats and Joystick buttons won't appear. The selection is just blank, even though Vjoy says I should have plenty. Hepl.

I am also running Windows 8.1 and had plenty of issues getting the controller to connect with the built-in bluetooth on my G75, but after hours of uninstalling, re-installing, and trying different options I finally got it to connect. Random fact, if the controller is disconnected I have to restart the computer to connect it again... I just got this working the other day so I haven't had time to figure that out.

My real issue is when I get to WiinUPro my drop down boxes for the joystick buttons, hats, and axis are not visible. The attached image shows the issue. I am forced to use the keyboard functions which seems to work fine, though I wanted to use this with x360ce. From what I understand I need the buttons and hats to work before I can do that though. The program is impressive considering how new the Wii U is, but I can't wait to see an XInput function like Better DS3 has. Keep up the good work! :yaywii:

Just thought I'd add to the list of people having issues with the joystick button drop boxes on Windows 8.1 (and 8.0?). It seems to be a problem...

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 473
Reactions: KeyPuncher

BaconDrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me out? WiinU Pro shows all the buttons and analog working perfectly. However, when I try to calibrate the controller under windows it doesn't work at all, the analog sticks make constant windows error sounds and try to select buttons instead of doing what they are supposed to do. I also tried to change the analog sticks in WiinUPro, but Joystick buttons/axis/POV hat all have nothing in the drop down menus. I'm on Windows 8 if that matters, but I didn't have single problem with the set up until that point. I followed and everything installed fine. I even changed the registry entries in one of his other videos to say Xbox 360 controller. I was testing with Super Meat Boy and the D Pad works fine and the buttons seem to as well, but no luck on analog sticks.

Also, I'm not completely clear, can this actually just emulate a 360 controller yet so you use the same button mappings rather then change it around for every game?

Y_B_A_FOOL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out? WiinU Pro shows all the buttons and analog working perfectly....

While probing around trying to fix my issue, I found x360ce files that connect to the Wii U Pro without vJoy and all that other jazz. You will be limited in what you can play because x360ce does not work with everything.

All you need to use is the xinput1_3.dll file into the same location as the .exe of the game you are trying to play. When you go to start the game you will get a box saying that the this is a beta, bla bla bla. Just hit ok. Your controller lights should scroll around for a second (letting you know that it works with that game) and it will then stop on the #1 controller block. And your ready to go!

Here is the download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/45616fk664wt5f2/ProController v0.1b - with changed layout.zip

Here is the tread I found it in: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/page-20#post-4717614

Here is a list of game x360ce is known to work with: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/GameCompatibilityList

--->I have attached an image showing what it should look like.

Note: Use the .dll file from the REV folder if you want to have the same button mapping for A, B, X, and Y to be the same as the xbox. The PRO folder makes the A button on the Wii U Pro the same as the A button on the xbox controller and so on.

Sometimes the .exe files are hidden (such as in Alice: Madness Returns) and you have to hunt for it... I've been trying to get it to work with Dolphin but I have not been successful :glare:

Hope this helps :toot:

Attachments

• WiiUProXinput.PNG
    WiiUProXinput.PNG
    89 KB · Views: 364

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're doing god's work man! Can't wait until this works with Windows and not this Toshiba crap.
There's a possibility - a strong one, at that - that this will never happen, as the controller itself is not compatible with the default Windows stack. As far as I understand, there is no clean workaround; you have to modify either the bluetooth stack or the controller. So right now people simply use a different one - the Toshiba - instead of modding the Windows one. And honestly I don't see why would it ever be modded, as it will only induce copyright issues and a messy setup (most probably far messier than the Toshiba crap).

The only hope really is that someone manages to modify the Windows stack to make a custom one in such a way as to ensure that it basically works the same as the normal one, but with added support for the WUPC; and makes it easy to install too. Not only is this unlikely, but it may not be possible without actually modifying the stack so much that it's basically a whole new custom one, which means that complete compatibility with Windows and easy installation are pretty much thrown out of the window (no pun intended). I'm not sure if that's the case or not, KeyPuncher may know more.

The only possibility is a controller mod... But then there is the Mayflash adapter, and I doubt a modchip could be created that's both cheaper and nearly as easy to install as the adapter. So as great as it would be to get rid of the Toshiba stack, it's mostly likely only a dream that will never come true. :( (Unless, of course, you're willing to dish out 20 bucks for a bluetooth dongle, in which case you probably wouldn't be here anyway. =P)

negevasaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I am using windows 8.1 and I installed the toshiba bluetooth stack.
When I connect wii remote it works just fine but with the pro controller it doesn't.
it say "unable to detect remote device".
How to fix it?

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a possibility - a strong one, at that - that this will never happen, as the controller itself is not compatible with the default Windows stack. As far as I understand, there is no clean workaround; you have to modify either the bluetooth stack or the controller. So right now people simply use a different one - the Toshiba - instead of modding the Windows one. And honestly I don't see why would it ever be modded, as it will only induce copyright issues and a messy setup (most probably far messier than the Toshiba crap).

The only hope really is that someone manages to modify the Windows stack to make a custom one in such a way as to ensure that it basically works the same as the normal one, but with added support for the WUPC; and makes it easy to install too. Not only is this unlikely, but it may not be possible without actually modifying the stack so much that it's basically a whole new custom one, which means that complete compatibility with Windows and easy installation are pretty much thrown out of the window (no pun intended). I'm not sure if that's the case or not, KeyPuncher may know more.

The only possibility is a controller mod... But then there is the Mayflash adapter, and I doubt a modchip could be created that's both cheaper and nearly as easy to install as the adapter. So as great as it would be to get rid of the Toshiba stack, it's mostly likely only a dream that will never come true. :( (Unless, of course, you're willing to dish out 20 bucks for a bluetooth dongle, in which case you probably wouldn't be here anyway. =P)

I did get a very specific dongle so that PS3 controllers would work smoothly how's that one?

Luis2014

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently bought a Classic Controller Pro (and successfully paired the WiiMote to the PC) and use a Wii U Pro Control for x360ce and WiinUPro. Now how do I set it up so that x360ce can recognize it as another xbox 360 controller without interfering with the Wii U Pro Control? (It messes up the button mapping for the Wii U Control in WiinUPro, and isn't recognized in x360ce). I'm trying to play with two people. Is there something I need to add in the registry?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_13 Jan. 05 17.24.jpg
    ScreenHunter_13 Jan. 05 17.24.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 268

wilflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
signed up here to ask about this! (thanks for the great work!)

my desktop has no in-built bluetooth. the other dongle is being used solely for DS3 connection.
any recommendations on what to get?

is it a must to install vJoy? I'm just hoping to get 4player Xinput

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently bought a Classic Controller Pro (and successfully paired the WiiMote to the PC) and use a Wii U Pro Control for x360ce and WiinUPro. Now how do I set it up so that x360ce can recognize it as another xbox 360 controller without interfering with the Wii U Pro Control? (It messes up the button mapping for the Wii U Control in WiinUPro, and isn't recognized in x360ce). I'm trying to play with two people. Is there something I need to add in the registry?

That Key looks like what windows installs when you connect the controller strait to Windows, sort of odd. I'd have to play around with it, I don't have a solution from the top of my head.

signed up here to ask about this! (thanks for the great work!)

my desktop has no in-built bluetooth. the other dongle is being used solely for DS3 connection.
any recommendations on what to get?

is it a must to install vJoy? I'm just hoping to get 4player Xinput

vJoy is a must if you want to get Xinput working (for now), not sure how much of a hassle it might be to setup 4 controllers through x360ce, I've had many issues with that program for some reason.
Bluetooth Dongles can connect up to 7 devices, so it shouldn't be a problem to have both your DS3 and Pro Controller connected.

KakTheInfected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to get this to work properly on my laptop but I'm unable to assign button presses to a joystick button in WiinUPro. Key or mouse assignments work fine, but no buttons show up in the list when I set the input type to Joystick Button. I thought it might be something wrong with Vjoy, but I set it up exactly the same as I did on my desktop where it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work